PDA

View Full Version : Parking Question For Tomorrow....

Banana Clip
03-30-2011, 10:08 AM
Are the lots in the red box still uncovered? We always parked right under that Elm St. bridge. Someone told me yesterday that on both sides of Elm, those lots have become parking garages and that the only uncovered lot is the one directly south. We're always down there really early (it's usually still $3 to park when we get there) and nobody wants to spend all morning in a parking garage if we don't have to. Anyone know for sure? Thanks in advance for any help.

http://img856.imageshack.us/img856/1966/cincinnatiohgooglemaps1.png

OldRightHander
03-30-2011, 10:57 AM
They have these things in Cincinnati called buses. They're really nice contraptions that you can get on near your house and they will take you places for less than you pay for parking.

Banana Clip
03-30-2011, 11:42 AM
They have these things in Cincinnati called buses. They're really nice contraptions that you can get on near your house and they will take you places for less than you pay for parking.

Your condescension is super helpful, but your "tip" about buses doesn't really help out 9 guys with coolers, grill, cornhole boards etc. when they live an hour west of Cincinnati in Indiana.

So unless you're going to direct me to where Cincinnati buses run 50 miles deep into Indiana, piss up a rope.

Boss-Hog
03-30-2011, 11:44 AM
Both of you: cool it.

OldRightHander
03-30-2011, 12:05 PM
Your condescension is super helpful, but your "tip" about buses doesn't really help out 9 guys with coolers, grill, cornhole boards etc. when they live an hour west of Cincinnati in Indiana.

So unless you're going to direct me to where Cincinnati buses run 50 miles deep into Indiana, piss up a rope.

Just joking. It's the people who live near a bus and aren't hauling all that stuff who still won't "stoop low" to get on a bus that I was aiming that at.

Chip R
03-30-2011, 12:32 PM
Just joking. It's the people who live near a bus and aren't hauling all that stuff who still won't "stoop low" to get on a bus that I was aiming that at.

I'm definitely taking the bus since I live right by a bus stop, parkings a nightmare and expensive and I'm getting my drink on. :beerme:

reds1869
03-30-2011, 12:34 PM
I'm definitely taking the bus since I live right by a bus stop, parkings a nightmare and expensive and I'm getting my drink on. :beerme:

I'm personally using my legs to walk the several hundred feet from my apartment to GABP. Sorry, just have to take every opportunity to rub it in to my fellow Reds fans. :thumbup:

top6
03-30-2011, 02:15 PM
To answer OP's original question, yes, those spots are still uncovered. As for whether there will be parking available there on opening day, I'm not sure. It is not going to be easy to find spots tomorrow, and construction has moved a lot of parking spots around, so driving around for a bit looking may be inevitable. Maybe there will be some at Sawyer Point?

I'm personally using my legs to walk the several hundred feet from my apartment to GABP. Sorry, just have to take every opportunity to rub it in to my fellow Reds fans. :thumbup:

Are you moving into the Banks?

marcshoe
03-30-2011, 11:37 PM
See, this is why people stay at the Newport Travelodge, even when they know the consequences.

Cuban_Missile
03-31-2011, 02:26 AM
4 of us are parking at my friends apartment complex in Ft. Thomas and taking a cab I was shocked when they said the cab ride from there to the stadium would be right around 10 to 11 bucks split four ways I said hell ya!

Eric_the_Red
03-31-2011, 08:01 AM
We always park over at the Newport Levee. $2 parking, $1.50 TANK service each way, Dewey's pizza before the game and Gameworks after the Reds win. :)

OldRightHander
03-31-2011, 09:08 AM
My wife is dropping me downtown in about an hour. Can't beat the price on that.

KittyDuran
03-31-2011, 12:01 PM
We always park over at the Newport Levee. $2 parking, $1.50 TANK service each way, Dewey's pizza before the game and Gameworks after the Reds win. :)

That's my plan as well (sort of). At Dewey's right now...

marcshoe
03-31-2011, 08:23 PM
I wasn't aware of the $2 parking at the levee. I'll keep that in mind.

Eric_the_Red
04-01-2011, 11:41 AM
That's my plan as well (sort of). At Dewey's right now...

We were at Dewey's too. Yumm-o!

And the Tank service was only $1 each way, not $1.50 as I previously wrote. Best way to park, IMO.

reds1869
04-01-2011, 12:09 PM
Are you moving into the Banks?

I live at One Lytle Place. The Banks definitely would be a sweet place to live, though.

Boss-Hog
04-01-2011, 12:16 PM
I considered parking at the Levee, as I did last year (in a garage) but ended up being stuck in traffic leaving the garage for a long, long time. Instead, this year I paid $10 to park in Covington and went next door to the Keystone Bar & Grill on Greenup St, which offered a free shuttle service to and from the game. The latter part worked out very, very well, as it was super quick and dropped us off (and picked us up) right at the ball park.

reds1869
04-01-2011, 12:22 PM
I considered parking at the Levee, as I did last year (in a garage) but ended up being stuck in traffic leaving the garage for a long, long time. Instead, this year I paid $10 to park in Covington and went next door to the Keystone Bar & Grill on Greenup St, which offered a free shuttle service to and from the game. The latter part worked out very, very well, as it was super quick and dropped us off (and picked us up) right at the ball park.

Did you have any of their killer mac 'n cheese? That stuff is addictive.

TeamSelig
04-01-2011, 12:42 PM

Do they always offer the shuttle service or just on opening day? How early will they take you to the game?

goreds2
04-03-2011, 10:54 AM
Do they always offer the shuttle service or just on opening day? How early will they take you to the game?

Their facebook page said this which looked to be a one time thing.
http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=191009004270358

Spring is in the air, and we're ready to have the Reds take the field this year!
Join us on March 31st for Opening day shenanigans!

We are opening at 11am and are offering a FREE shuttle to and from the game!
If your not heading to the game we have plenty of flat screens and are serving up Buckets of Miller Lite for $12 all day long & Keystone's full menu will be available all day until 11PM!!

Lets go REDS!!! See you there!

You could call them to verify.

313 Greenup Street
Covington, KY 41011
(859) 261-6777

KittyDuran
04-03-2011, 07:46 PM
I wasn't aware of the $2 parking at the levee. I'll keep that in mind.
Parking fares are different for various days/times... check the Levee's website for details:

http://www.newportonthelevee.com/visitors/parking.aspx