PDA

View Full Version : MLB.TV

bubbachunk
03-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Does anyone know if this includes mlb audio so I can listen to Marty when I cant watch? If I also get MiLB.TV can I do the split screen/pip with MLB.TV or are they completely seperate? (May have to setup dual monitors for my HTPC)

I cant get through to their phone support...

Also random, why is the Iphone app 15$ after a 25$/month sub

Thanks

code
03-31-2011, 09:48 AM
pretty sure you can get the game audio.. Just make sure your not in the blacklist.

Tadasimha
03-31-2011, 10:42 AM
If you paid the upcharge for the premium package, then you can choose which broadcast to watch. Otherwise, you'll get the tv broadcast for the home team. If the game is blacked out, then you can choose which radio broadcast to listen to.

This is the first year I've had the MILB package as well, so I can't answer that for you.

bubbachunk
03-31-2011, 11:19 AM
If you paid the upcharge for the premium package, then you can choose which broadcast to watch. Otherwise, you'll get the tv broadcast for the home team. If the game is blacked out, then you can choose which radio broadcast to listen to.

This is the first year I've had the MILB package as well, so I can't answer that for you.

What I mean though is what if I want just radio, even if the game is not blacked out for me? I dont want to be trying to watch while driving or at work etc.

markedmanner
03-31-2011, 11:38 AM
So are you wanting to listen to the games on your iphone or computer? If you are looking to listen on computer and not worried about video. You can get Gameday Audio for 19.99 a year here: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/gameday_audio.jsp?&affiliateId=mlbMENU Blackouts do not effect the audio. I have had Mlb.tv for 2 years now. I love it personally.

EDIT: It looks like you game listen to gameday audio with this iphone app from MLB: http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/ It will cost 14.99 for the app. Doesnt seem like a bad deal to me. So 19.99 for the entire year of gameday audio and then 14.99 for the app. So your looking at 30 bucks for the entire season of baseball on your iphone.

code
03-31-2011, 02:29 PM
Anyone else getting "Unable to connect to audio" on their iphone / android?

bigredmechanism
03-31-2011, 05:28 PM
Yeah, you definitely get the gameday audio, premium or not. I just doublechecked here (http://www.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/index.jsp).

Eric from NC
04-05-2011, 05:49 PM
I was wondering if anyone had viewed the archived games on mlb.tv. I am in the blackout area for the reds. I was wondering how quickly the archived games are posted and how long they stay up.

Reds
04-05-2011, 06:04 PM
I noticed something on the mlb site about getting mlb.tv for free this month if you get the at-bat app or something.. check it out if you're into that stuff.

Reds
04-05-2011, 06:06 PM
I was wondering if anyone had viewed the archived games on mlb.tv. I am in the blackout area for the reds. I was wondering how quickly the archived games are posted and how long they stay up.

704 area code and blacked out? NC blackout rules are messed up, north of you 336 is not blacked out. There's a bunch of conflicting info I get from people in NC depending on the county. Washington should be blacked out, not Cincy.

bigredmechanism
04-05-2011, 06:23 PM

I think it goes back 2 seasons.

Eric from NC
04-05-2011, 07:33 PM
Thanks for the posts. According to the mlb website, Charlotte gets blacked out for Nationals, Os, Braves, and Reds.... maybe they can add the Dodgers next year. Last year, we got a lot of Reds games on the two fox regional networks. I think the Braves pissed off so many of their fans with their Peachtree channel, they are putting more games on Fox Sports South. So far, they put on the reds opener and no other games, I was trying to check out other options if it stays like this. Hopefully, more games might show up after NHL and NBA season concludes.

lidspinner
04-06-2011, 10:54 AM
So are you wanting to listen to the games on your iphone or computer? If you are looking to listen on computer and not worried about video. You can get Gameday Audio for 19.99 a year here: http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/subscriptions/gameday_audio.jsp?&affiliateId=mlbMENU Blackouts do not effect the audio. I have had Mlb.tv for 2 years now. I love it personally.

EDIT: It looks like you game listen to gameday audio with this iphone app from MLB: http://mlb.mlb.com/mobile/atbat/ It will cost 14.99 for the app. Doesnt seem like a bad deal to me. So 19.99 for the entire year of gameday audio and then 14.99 for the app. So your looking at 30 bucks for the entire season of baseball on your iphone.

if you have an iphone, just get the app....you dont need to get the 19.99 gameday audio to listen on the app. the audio is part of the app itself....maybe I am misunderstanding what you want...but if you have the iphone you are golden, just get the app for $15 and voila, you have audio. If you have MLB.TV like i do, then you can also watch all the games on your iphone as well, via the app...just tap the game you want, then tap the TV portion and the game pops up and you can watch every game...and its great quality to if your on wifi....