PDA

View Full Version : Pregame activities??

jfleur87
04-02-2011, 12:09 PM
I am taking my girlfriend down to opening night and I am pretty excited, as is she. I live in Centerville and it only take about 40 minutes to get down to the ballpark. We are leaving at 3:30 to get down to Cincinnati early and I was wondering if anyone had suggestions or favorite places that they like to hang out before/after the game.

There is a bar that I have walked past numerous times after paying to park so I might check that out, does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks and go Reds!
:beerme:

Bruce32
04-02-2011, 12:29 PM
There is a New Bar/Grille right accross the street from the stadium, The Holy Grail. It recently opened, havnt been to that location yet. I went to the one in Clifton by UC and it was a nice enviroment to hang out before UC games.

goreds2
04-02-2011, 12:57 PM
Have a good time.

http://cincinnati.citysearch.com/list/106271

BEETTLEBUG
04-02-2011, 04:10 PM
Newport on Levee walk over or shuttle park 2.00 plus

jhiller21
04-02-2011, 05:52 PM
The In-between tavern is a decent place right across the street from the park on 3rd St. Food is okay and reasonable, lots of beer choices and close to parking.

It's where we stop in to eat before games because GABP's food is hugely overpriced and honestly not very good. (I once had a cheeseburger there that was not only cold, but the wax paper was still on the cheese) It cost me $6.50.

If you must eat at the park stick to the brats, big red smokeys, nachos, and skyline.

jfleur87
04-03-2011, 08:00 AM
Well thanks for the ideas folks. We ended up getting there close to 5:30. I had never been to Newport on the levee so we parked over there, grabbed a brew from the hofbrahause (sp?), then walked over to a sports cafe (the name escapes me, but it was pretty great minus the smoking inside...sure makes you appreciate the no smoking laws in Ohio. Then it was on to the game. Started to walk across the bridge when we got picked up by J-Ride, a lovely bike taxi that came in handy as I am already lazy but was also super full. From then it was a great time up in the cheapseats, even making a few friends along the way. After the game we went to Star Lanes to watch the last tournament game and I must say, watching the faces of the UK fans as their team went down was almost up there with reds winning.

It's safe to say there is a lot more to do than I ever realized and can't wait to go back