PDA

View Full Version : Future of the Reds Front Office - Walt's Contract

Eric the Red
04-02-2011, 03:38 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/04/lame-duck-general-managers.html

Per Tim Dierkes at mlbtraderumors.com, Reds General Manager Walt Jocketty's contract is up at the end of the 2011 season. To me, it is absolutely imperative that Bob Castellini and the ownership group make sure he is the GM for the forseeable future. I'm sure that as long as Walt wants to continue his role as GM after 2011, the ownership group will make it happen. Let's get it done, Jocketty has hired some excellent baseball people, all of which have contributed to the organizations success but I don't want one of them taking over as GM after this season.

Drugs Delaney
04-02-2011, 03:48 PM
http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/04/lame-duck-general-managers.html

Per Tim Dierkes at mlbtraderumors.com, Reds General Manager Walt Jocketty's contract is up at the end of the 2011 season. To me, it is absolutely imperative that Bob Castellini and the ownership group make sure he is the GM for the forseeable future. I'm sure that as long as Walt wants to continue his role as GM after 2011, the ownership group will make it happen. Let's get it done, Jocketty has hired some excellent baseball people, all of which have contributed to the organizations success but I don't want one of them taking over as GM after this season.

I completely agree. I'm excited to see what he can do this summer to potentially improve the team. And I hope he is here for a long time.

Vottomatic
04-02-2011, 09:12 PM
How old is Walt? Age is only a factor if Walt wants to retire. Maybe he doesn't want to be the GM much longer?

Nathan
04-03-2011, 12:19 AM
10-1 He will be back as GM next year. The contract of a GM is more or less a formality than anything. Most GM's don't leave just because it's coming up. Same as a manager. Most of them leave unwillingly.

joshua
04-03-2011, 01:06 AM
I hope he's here as long as possible. Walt is one of the best GM's in the game. I don't even know who we could hire to replace him if he left.

texasdave
04-03-2011, 01:14 AM
You could a little better than Jocketty, but a whole lot worse. Bring that man back.

LeDoux
04-03-2011, 04:03 PM
I heard a rumor that some Mozeliak guy might be looking for a GM job soon.