PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Double-A Roster

cinreds21
04-03-2011, 06:42 PM
I've had this on hold for a few days but here's what it should look like come Thursday:

Chris McMurray
Kevin Coddington
Neftali Soto
Cody Puckett
Jose Castro
Jake Kahaulelio
Miguel Rojas
Mike Costanzo
Eric Eymann
David Cook
Denis Phipps
Felix Perez
Kyle Day

Daryl Thompson
Dallas Buck
Jordan Hotchkiss
James Avery
Travis Webb

Donnie Joseph
Lee Tabor
Brad Boxberger
Justin Freeman
Mark Serrano
Nick Christiani
Ruben Medina
Jeff Jeffords

You're welcome :)

JaxRed
04-03-2011, 07:10 PM
Have to analyze what this means for the other rosters, but... it's not that great a team.

C - McMurray and Coddington
1b - Soto
2b - Puckett
SS - Rojas
3b - Costanzo
OF - Perez, Day Phipps

Starters Apparently

Daryl Thompson
Dallas Buck
Jordan Hotchkiss
James Avery
Travis Webb

At best 2 of those guys are prospects (Hotchkiss, Thompson)

Bullpen

Donnie Joseph
Lee Tabor
Brad Boxberger
Justin Freeman
Mark Serrano
Nick Christiani
Ruben Medina
Jeff Jeffords

Very solid bullpen. The strength of team would appear to be pitching.

But I'm kind of disappointed.

lollipopcurve
04-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Looking forward to some surprises out of this group. Some of these pitchers throw well and they may end up future BP considerations.

mace
04-03-2011, 08:26 PM
Jax, he doesn't have Rojas on there. Unless that's an oversight, it would seem that Castro and Eymann would be sharing SS, I guess. Without Rojas, that looks like a very mediocre infield, defensively. The outfield should be better, though, with Perez and Phipps. And the catching is very strong defensively.

The bullpen does look pretty sporty, for the most part. At quick glance, I'd say a key guy to this team would be Buck. Is he healthy? If he is, and he's good, that could be an excellent pitching staff--if the infield defense doesn't kill it.

Thanks, 21.

cinreds21
04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
My bad, I misses Rojas when I posted it. Sorry, he is on it as well.

cinreds21
04-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Wow, I missed two when I posted it. Fail. Jake and Rojas. My bad guys.

JaxRed
04-03-2011, 08:36 PM
Weird part was I saw Castro and my mind converted it to Rojas. (and then Rojas should be there).

I think this team is going to have trouble scoring runs.

muddie
04-03-2011, 09:08 PM
I'm a little surprised Eymann is back here because he was one of the earlier call ups last summer to Louisville. On the other hand, he will definitely be a help to this club.
Am I wrong in assuming Eymann will play 1B?

cinreds21
04-03-2011, 09:09 PM
Soto will start at first.

batsfan
04-03-2011, 09:13 PM
So, I used this to predict the Bats roster on the partial roster for louisville thread. Am I correct in assuming that Fairel will start in the Bat's pen?

dougdirt
04-03-2011, 09:15 PM
So, I used this to predict the Bats roster on the partial roster for louisville thread. Am I correct in assuming that Fairel will start in the Bat's pen?

Nope. He will be on the DL for a while.

mace
04-03-2011, 10:42 PM
I've been wondering for a while if Puckett might get some looks in the outfield, and the composition of this roster makes me wonder further. If he's at second and Costanzo is at third--with Eymann in the wings for most infield positions, I assume--that would leave no room for Kahaulelio. But I'd guess that they don't want to bury Kahaulelio. Since he's primarily a second baseman, it stands to reason that Puckett might sample the outfield. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

Drugs Delaney
04-03-2011, 11:02 PM
Wasn't Grandal supposed to start out in AA?

cinreds21
04-03-2011, 11:13 PM
Wasn't Grandal supposed to start out in AA?

At the early part of March, yes, he was suppose to start in Carolina. But as of (I think) a week ago, not so much :(. He'll begin 2011 in Bakersfield.

Chey
04-04-2011, 05:12 AM
What do you guys thing of Cassiere's chances of making the team? I see no reason why he can't be at the MLB by 2012.

batsfan
04-04-2011, 10:01 AM
What do you guys thing of Cassiere's chances of making the team? I see no reason why he can't be at the MLB by 2012.

Who is Cassiere? I have never heard of him?

JaxRed
04-04-2011, 10:14 AM
I think this guy is spammer. 5 posts all about same thing

mace
04-04-2011, 12:15 PM
On the organizational roster released by Jamie Ramsey, Puckett is indeed listed as an outfielder at Carolina.

And Denove is listed as inactive with Carolina.

I've been wondering for a while if Puckett might get some looks in the outfield, and the composition of this roster makes me wonder further. If he's at second and Costanzo is at third--with Eymann in the wings for most infield positions, I assume--that would leave no room for Kahaulelio. But I'd guess that they don't want to bury Kahaulelio. Since he's primarily a second baseman, it stands to reason that Puckett might sample the outfield. Of course, I could be totally wrong.

cinreds21
04-04-2011, 12:23 PM
Yea, I was just about to post that he hurt his shoulder again. You guys beat me to it.

cinreds21
04-04-2011, 12:23 PM
As for Puckett, he's going to play everywhere I believe.

cinreds21
04-05-2011, 08:52 PM
Jeff Jeffords and Kyle Day to start year on 7-day disabled list. Boom

cinreds21
04-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Also heard that McMurray had a great spring training. May not hit bombs, but should do well with the stick.