PDA

View Full Version : Tonights telecast?

jfleur87
04-05-2011, 07:46 PM
Reds.com lists the game as airing on FOX Sports Ohio if I'm reading the website correct, but my ATT U-verse is not showing the game as schedule to air. Does anyone here live in Centerville, OH and are you having the same issue. With U-Verse or other cable provider?

goreds2
04-05-2011, 07:50 PM
From Fox Sports Ohio:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/04/03/11/IMPORTANT-Channel-Information-for-Tuesda/landing.html?blockID=497349&feedID=5031

Channel Information for Reds, Blue Jackets, and Cavaliers Games
FOX Sports Ohio has an exciting lineup Tuesday, April 5, featuring the Reds, Blue Jackets, and Cavaliers. We don’t want fans to miss any of the action. Please check below for the programming details and channel information.

Cincinnati Reds vs. Houston Astros – 7pm (SD only)
Tune in at 6:30pm for Reds Live pregame show.
Southern Ohio / Northern KY – main FSOhio SD channel
Central Ohio – alternate SD channel: www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/channelfinder

Columbus Blue Jackets @ Dallas Stars – 8:30pm
Tune in at 8pm for Blue Jackets Live pregame show.
Central Ohio – main FSOhio HD and SD cable channels
Direct TV: 658, HD: 658-1
Dish Network: 477

Cleveland Cavaliers vs. Charlotte Bobcats – 7pm
Tune in at 6:30pm for Cavaliers Live pregame show.

Northern Ohio – main FSOhio HD and SD channel
Southern Ohio – alternate SD channel: www.foxsportsohio.com/pages/channelfinder

jfleur87
04-05-2011, 07:54 PM
Thanks, that helped a bit, it got me to check to see if it was playing in standard definition, sure enough it was.
:beerme:

Sean_CaseyRules
04-05-2011, 07:58 PM
Freakin' love the thought of the Mayor doing the PBP for TV tonight!!!!!!!

Chris Sabowned
04-05-2011, 09:59 PM
Speaking of the telecast.

I'm watching FSO on Time Warner Cable, and they have cut out from in-game action to a commercial three times now. Is anyone else experiencing this? Come on FSO...

SidneySlicker
04-05-2011, 10:06 PM
I have dish network and they don't have a HD feed for the game tonight. Is that the case for everyone else? Standard def. is the sucks. Every game should have a high def feed.

mattfeet
04-05-2011, 10:37 PM
Speaking of the telecast.

I'm watching FSO on Time Warner Cable, and they have cut out from in-game action to a commercial three times now. Is anyone else experiencing this? Come on FSO...

Same here. I saw on Twitter that this is a Time Warner issue, not FS:O

-Matt

Indy Reds Fan
04-05-2011, 11:12 PM
I have FiOS living up here in Northern Indiana now and my broadcast was in SD too which sucks. Oh well I don't think this should be a problem. I'm just happy FS Indiana is carrying the Reds again!!

Girevik
04-06-2011, 09:30 AM
Freakin' love the thought of the Mayor doing the PBP for TV tonight!!!!!!!

I love Casey, but I wasn't impressed with his broadcasting last night. Hopefully he'll come along, but at least he needs to learn to enunciate. I know he's a good ole boy, but I'm not sure I can listen to a whole season of "startin' pichin'".

DaytonFlyer
04-06-2011, 09:34 AM
No idea why there was no HD feed last night. There was an HD feed for the broadcast to Houston's channel. Makes no sense.

mlh1981
04-06-2011, 09:37 AM
My only complain of Sean Casey were the trips he took down memory lane, but other than that, I liked his performance in the booth. Excited to have him on board.

Old NDN
04-06-2011, 10:27 AM
How could you not love Casey? However, as an analyst, I thought he was bad. Good insight, but talked waaay too fast and stuttered so much, it became distracting. But, I have noticed that with him on MLB network also. Great guy though, and the fans love him.

Pony Boy
04-06-2011, 11:14 AM
Casey was pretty bad from a technical standpoint. A lot of awkward silences and nervous laughter from Casey, but who cares. I loved having him in the booth. He is just a likeable guy and he did have some good insights.

I would love it if they had more guest analysts. Just put Thom in there with a new guy every couple of weeks. Casey, Paul O'Neil, Larkin, Eric Davis, Morgan, Aaron Boone, etc. That would be awesome.

stripedwarrior
04-06-2011, 12:08 PM
Same here. I saw on Twitter that this is a Time Warner issue, not FS:O

-Matt

I do not have Time Warner, and experienced the same thing. Kept cutting out to show a commercial for a snore guard. I'd guess that it was an FSO problem.

Old NDN
04-06-2011, 03:52 PM
Casey was pretty bad from a technical standpoint. A lot of awkward silences and nervous laughter from Casey, but who cares. I loved having him in the booth. He is just a likeable guy and he did have some good insights.

I would love it if they had more guest analysts. Just put Thom in there with a new guy every couple of weeks. Casey, Paul O'Neil, Larkin, Eric Davis, Morgan, Aaron Boone, etc. That would be awesome.

I like that idea.

RedsFan74
04-06-2011, 05:42 PM
For Tuesday night's game, my TWC Channel Guide had the Cavs game listed on the HD channel...but it only had a black screen all night long and no game. I don't understand why it was only in SD...weren't all of their FSO games last year in HD? I truly hate FSO...wish the Reds could somehow start their own network like the Indians.

goreds2
04-06-2011, 08:36 PM
I do not have Time Warner, and experienced the same thing. Kept cutting out to show a commercial for a snore guard. I'd guess that it was an FSO problem.

FSO is blaming it on Time Warner. :p:

http://www.foxsportsohio.com/04/06/11/FOX-Sports-Ohio-Statement-On-Last-Nights/landing_reds.html?blockID=498599&feedID=3592

April 6, 2011
During the Cincinnati Reds telecast last night, advertisements interrupted game action for some viewers. This issue occurred only for Time Warner Cable customers, as Time Warner experienced a technical issue. Time Warner ensures us that steps are being taken so that this does not occur again.

We apologize for the inconvenience.