PDA

View Full Version : Anyone going to any Reds away games this year?

mlh1981
04-06-2011, 08:42 AM
I'm thinking about possibly going to a game in Pittsburgh, up in Chicago, and I may be making a trip to Atlanta.

In the past, I've seen them in San Diego, Pittsburgh, Cleveland, Boston, New York (Mets), and Philadelphia.

It's always fun seeing them on the road. Going to a game and rooting for the visiting team is a cool experience, to say the least.

Girevik
04-06-2011, 08:49 AM
I've seen them in Cleveland, and once in Atlanta, but doubt it will work out this year. Would love to see a game in Pittsburgh and Chicago, though, and would like to seen ANY game in Fenway.

We were in NY last year around the 4th of July and saw a Yankees' game but not against the Reds. Unfortunately the Reds came in to play the Mets the day after we left town.

mlh1981
04-06-2011, 08:52 AM
I've seen them in Cleveland, and once in Atlanta, but doubt it will work out this year. Would love to see a game in Pittsburgh and Chicago, though, and would like to seen ANY game in Fenway.

We were in NY last year around the 4th of July and saw a Yankees' game but not against the Reds. Unfortunately the Reds came in to play the Mets the day after we left town.

I was at the Wednesday night game at Citi Field last year when the Reds were in town. Arroyo was pitching that night.

It was unbearably hot. Not many other Reds fans. The park itself is nice, but there isn't really anything around it besides a huge parking lot, and a junkyard.

BigJohn
04-06-2011, 08:57 AM
I planned to go to a game in Milwawkee this summer but the NFL crap may put a wrench in that plan. No Packers training camp will really PO me and my boy.

Flea
04-06-2011, 09:23 AM
April 22nd St. Louis.

leeech86
04-06-2011, 01:55 PM
Going to Wrigley for the second time in Aug. And going to Pitts for the first time in sept.

Reds
04-06-2011, 01:58 PM
Hopefully Wrigley Aug 4-5-6 I think.

Sean_CaseyRules
04-06-2011, 02:22 PM
I'd like to see a game in Chicago and Pittsburgh this year. Dunno if I'll be able to, but as of right now, that's the plan.

secretLOVER
04-06-2011, 02:46 PM
@SD!

mroby85
04-06-2011, 02:48 PM
Definitely going to the afternoon game in Cincinnati on the 21st, and possibly going to St. Louis for the 22nd, and 23rd.

Captain13
04-06-2011, 03:55 PM
and a junkyard.

Do you mean the rest of Queens?

Eric from NC
04-06-2011, 04:30 PM
I was thinking of going to one or two of the Braves games in late May in ATL. I did notice the Saturday game already has sold a lot of tickets. I did go to the daygame in ATL last year where Cordero blew the huge lead. The Reds did have a good crowd in ATL near their dugout. The Baltimore series in late June sounded interesting, but I am not sure that I could do that and take some time off in July.

davrix
04-06-2011, 04:44 PM
I went to two games in Miami last year. This year I plan on going to one or two in Baltimore. If anyone has not been to Camden Yard, the Reds playing is a great excuse to go. You can usually get good tickets pretty easily and it is a baseball shrine.

Be sure to visit Boog Powell at his rib place by the porch on right field.

davrix
04-06-2011, 05:03 PM
One other thing about Baltimore, is that there are several excellent minor league parks in the area. I recommend a Bowie Baysox or Frederick Keys game.

RadfordVA
04-07-2011, 12:14 AM
Will be going to the series in Baltimore this summer. Ive been to Camden before but obviously not to see the Reds. I love that ballpark. Will be first time seeing reds on the road so I imagine its a little uncomfortable sitting with entire family in reds gear in opposing park. Hopefully no drunk idiots are around. Might also try to make it to Nationals game to see their newer stadium.

justincredible
04-07-2011, 12:43 AM
No concrete plans yet but I'll catch them @CHC for sure. I'd like to make it to a game @CLE, @PIT, and @STL as well.

tkemmerer14
04-07-2011, 02:47 AM
Chicago and St. Louis for me!

PhillipsHead
04-07-2011, 03:20 AM
I'll be at the games in San Diego this coming Monday and Tuesday!

KOBasinger
04-07-2011, 05:50 AM
I plan on hittin up Chicago again like I did last year. Cool atmosphere even though the fans suck.

davrix
04-07-2011, 09:48 AM
Will be going to the series in Baltimore this summer. Ive been to Camden before but obviously not to see the Reds. I love that ballpark. Will be first time seeing reds on the road so I imagine its a little uncomfortable sitting with entire family in reds gear in opposing park. Hopefully no drunk idiots are around. Might also try to make it to Nationals game to see their newer stadium.

You should not have any trouble in Baltimore. Good fans almost all the way around. I had season tickets one year and the only opposing fans that ever had issues were Yankees fans, and to be honest they kind of brought it on themselves.

mlh1981
04-07-2011, 10:40 AM
The only trouble I ever had in an opposing ballpark was in Philly, and it wasn't THAT bad. Just some drunk guys razzing me about the outcome of my game, and my dirty hat (of all things). They got a nice chant going. I'm glad they were concerned about my laundry situation :p:

Redlegs_87
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
I would love to go to St Louis on september 3rd for my birthday but that is not likely to happen. Would be cool to watch the 200th time that Larussa and Baker have faced off as managers.

bounty37h
04-07-2011, 12:30 PM
I went to two games in Miami last year. This year I plan on going to one or two in Baltimore. If anyone has not been to Camden Yard, the Reds playing is a great excuse to go. You can usually get good tickets pretty easily and it is a baseball shrine.

Be sure to visit Boog Powell at his rib place by the porch on right field.

I have been to Camden many times, havent looked at schedule to catch that the Reds play there this year, but if so will make that journey as its not that far for me. I dont like Camden though at all, least favorite park I have been to. Has no baseball feel to it IMO, even inside during the game. The best thing-IMO- is to walk a few blocks to Ruths House.

bounty37h
04-07-2011, 12:38 PM
You should not have any trouble in Baltimore. Good fans almost all the way around. I had season tickets one year and the only opposing fans that ever had issues were Yankees fans, and to be honest they kind of brought it on themselves.

Gotta agree with this, take a step further and say I dont think their fans care enough to worry about the opposing teams fans. The Yanks def were teh exception form what I have seen in the games I have been to, but as you said, they instiagted everything.

HitByPitch
04-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I'll be at the 3 games at Chase Field this weekend. I might be going to Monday's game at SD as well.

mroby85
04-11-2011, 08:47 PM
I just got tickets for the Powerade Patio in St. Louis for the 22nd. I'm pretty excited about it, they're all you can eat/drink seats, and were on ebay for $67 a piece, $119 face from the Cardinals. Has anyone been to Busch Stadium before, and have any tips? Can you just hang out by the dugouts during BP like you can at GABP? Thanks for any tips.

Carolina_Redleg
04-11-2011, 08:53 PM
I've been to opening day so far this year, and am going to next Monday's game at Pittsburgh, and the me and my dad will travel down to St. Louis for the weekend series as well the 22nd, 23rd, and the 24th.

I'll also catch the Reds in Chicago, Baltimore, Atlanta, and Tampa this year. Love watching the Reds on the road.

Simon Rhymon
04-14-2011, 04:51 PM

Fenway is a mix of experiences. There is a great atmosphere both inside and outside the park. And it looks great - kind of old time-ish. But once you sit in your seat you will think you gained 50 pounds. Very narrow seats and depending on where you sit, you could be facing LF or have a post in your way. It's not unusual to come away from a game with a stiff neck and sore sides. But it is worth going at least once.

FloridaBuckeye
04-14-2011, 06:39 PM
Going to a game and rooting for the visiting team is a cool experience, to say the least.

Unless youre a Giants fan in Los Angeles!

I plan on going to the games in Tampa (June 27-29) and Miami (August 23-25)... and like many others, I will prob catch a Chicago

KYRedLeg
04-14-2011, 07:26 PM
I saw them in LA last August, and....

I plan on going to the games in Tampa (June 27-29) and Miami (August 23-25)... and like many others, I will prob catch a Chicago

I'll be at the game on the 27th! It seems like every time I plan a trip, the Reds happen to be playing nearby. Two completely unrelated trips, but I decided to check the Reds schedule, and both times they were right with me.

FloridaBuckeye
04-14-2011, 08:53 PM
I saw them in LA last August, and....

I'll be at the game on the 27th! It seems like every time I plan a trip, the Reds happen to be playing nearby. Two completely unrelated trips, but I decided to check the Reds schedule, and both times they were right with me.

thats awesome... when i get my tickets ill let ya know where im at

Swampturkey
04-15-2011, 12:37 AM
I just got tickets for the Powerade Patio in St. Louis for the 22nd. I'm pretty excited about it, they're all you can eat/drink seats, and were on ebay for $67 a piece, $119 face from the Cardinals. Has anyone been to Busch Stadium before, and have any tips? Can you just hang out by the dugouts during BP like you can at GABP? Thanks for any tips.

I've been to hundreds of Cardinals games. Gates open 2 hours before game time and you can hang out down by the dugouts provided you get down there within the first hour of the gates being opened. After the first hour, they only let people with tickets to those seats down there, however there are ways to still get down there. You just have to be familiar with the park.

Cardinals fan or Reds fan, the BIG MUST DO is go see the Stan Musial statue. Next to the Arch, it is the biggest "landmark" the city has. It's outside the 3rd base gate. You can't miss it. There are other statues as well that a huge baseball fan might be interested in (Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Ozzie Smith, etc).

Let me know if you need any information. Busch Stadium is my second home. I know every inch of that place. :)

BTW, if you are still in town on the 24th, it's Stan Musial bobblehead day. Nice souvineer to have... :) The 22nd is fireworks night. I would rank the Busch Stadium fireworks display above the St. Louis city display next the Arch on 4th of July. It's that good. You I promise you won't be disappointed.

shan12stones
04-15-2011, 03:35 AM
since 1993 i have seen the reds every time they come to busch stadium

bounty37h
04-15-2011, 10:35 AM
Wife just got a new patient in Atl, so am hoping we can synch a trip up with a Reds visit this summer.

krm1580
04-15-2011, 10:53 AM
I live in Philly so I might see them when the come to town. More likely though I will see them in Pittsburgh and/or DC because it is a lot easier to get tickets and more importantly I am not surrounded by Phillies fans.

dusttones
04-15-2011, 12:00 PM
Going on a trip to Pittsburgh in August. Catching the Fri and Sat games. Excited to see their new stadium.