PDA

View Full Version : Reds Cheat Sheet

NorrisHopper30
04-06-2011, 11:50 PM
Please check out my new blog, where I take a look at matchups and statistics for tomorrow's game. Trying to make it so there is a good mix of stats, analysis and humor and I throw in a few tidbits at the end. Should be a daily thing, but I want to get some thoughts from Reds' fans about my blog. Constructive criticism is appreciated!! Spread the word if you enjoy.

http://redscheatsheet.blogspot.com/

RadfordVA
04-07-2011, 12:06 AM
Very nice job. Was surprised at just how much info you squeezed in there. Would offer up some criticism but didnt really see anything that warranted any of that, sorry haha. :thumbup:

NorrisHopper30
04-07-2011, 12:22 AM
Very nice job. Was surprised at just how much info you squeezed in there. Would offer up some criticism but didnt really see anything that warranted any of that, sorry haha. :thumbup:

Thanks man, I guess that's a good problem to have on my part haha. I couldn't decide if it was too wordy or not.

justincredible
04-07-2011, 12:37 AM
Good stuff, man.

jbagnell
04-07-2011, 12:37 AM
I think it is great. I really hope you keep it up!
:beerme:

NorrisHopper30
04-07-2011, 08:30 AM
Thank you guys.

Reds
04-07-2011, 11:08 AM
great stuff!

-Not sure if you remember Dennys Reyes, but he had 13 pitches last night, 12 balls to one strike. He gave up 1 walk and hit 2 batters vs the Indians, and the Red Sox fall to 0-5.

Oh yes, I had flashbacks of him scarfing down dogs in the bullpen.

swaisuc
04-07-2011, 11:12 AM
Very cool.

One note on the content. Lineups aren't out that I know of, but I don't think there is any doubt that Rolen will sit today. Dusty said 2 days ago that he's looking to get Rolen a day off ASAP and today would be the obvious choice. If you are looking to make this a daily thing, I'd be interested in a projected lineup as well as possibly which bullpen guys you expect to be available.

Reds
04-07-2011, 11:17 AM
Very cool.

One note on the content. Lineups aren't out that I know of, but I don't think there is any doubt that Rolen will sit today. Dusty said 2 days ago that he's looking to get Rolen a day off ASAP and today would be the obvious choice.

Lineups are posted! Rolen is sitting. remember it's a 12:35 start today!!

lidspinner
04-07-2011, 11:18 AM
great stuff NH.....I love it...please keep it up. I am a avid gambler, I am not bragging nor fibbing when I say that I usually profit during baseball season....NFL and other sports not so much...but Baseball is about stats, and your blog could really help me daily figuring out if I want to wage with the Reds or not.....would you mind if I quoted your blog on one of my gambling boards? They love this kind of stuff....

NorrisHopper30
04-07-2011, 01:49 PM
great stuff NH.....I love it...please keep it up. I am a avid gambler, I am not bragging nor fibbing when I say that I usually profit during baseball season....NFL and other sports not so much...but Baseball is about stats, and your blog could really help me daily figuring out if I want to wage with the Reds or not.....would you mind if I quoted your blog on one of my gambling boards? They love this kind of stuff....

Go for it, and I'll do my best to keep it up. Most entries won't be this long, but this one had a little introduction. I'll try to shorten it up a little and hopefully it's more readable.

NorrisHopper30
04-07-2011, 06:33 PM
Check out the new post for tomorrow night's affair vs the D'backs!

http://redscheatsheet.blogspot.com/2011/04/48-reds-dbacks.html

Some interesting stuff I've found I hope you enjoy.

EDIT: Just re-read the blog and it was kind of boring, I'll be working on trying it more enjoyable to read in the future. Give me a few days and it should be much improved!

ryanparkersongs
04-07-2011, 09:36 PM
I think it's great. I like the straightforward facts of the upcoming matchup. I wouldn't change a thing...other than to throw some Google Ads over on the side so you can make a little money. :)

Really outstanding work.

NorrisHopper30
04-08-2011, 08:37 AM
I think it's great. I like the straightforward facts of the upcoming matchup. I wouldn't change a thing...other than to throw some Google Ads over on the side so you can make a little money. :)

Really outstanding work.

Thanks a lot Ryan, I may do that in time, but for now I'll keep it clean!

Anyone let me know if you think it's too wordy...I thought it was, but no one agrees or no one has the balls to tell me it's too wordy :D. Show your friends!

CrosleyField
04-08-2011, 09:36 AM
Nice!

NorrisHopper30
04-09-2011, 01:45 PM
I hate to bother, but http://redscheatsheet.blogspot.com/ is now updated for tonight's game!

Matchups are looking bad for tonight as Hudson has a good (but short) history vs the Reds...

GO REDS and remember to try to visit daily!

FloridaBuckeye
04-09-2011, 01:58 PM
looks good...

NH i sent you message earlier today

NorrisHopper30
04-13-2011, 12:34 PM
One more post here, check out today's post : http://redscheatsheet.blogspot.com/2011/04/413-reds-padres.html

And the reason I'm posting is I will start tonight tweeting during every game stats on matchups...for example _______ is 0-7 with 4k vs ________ as they are happening, and other things like _________ bats .095 in 0-2 count. Follow me on Twitter @EricLilly7 for updates like this!

Thanks