PDA

View Full Version : Who to send down?

arkimadee
04-10-2011, 03:41 PM
When either Cueto or Bailey return, looks like its going to be Bailey first, who do you think we send down? I'd say top candidates are Lecure, Maloney or Francisco. LeCure really doesn't deserve to be sent down but do we want to keep him fresh in a starting rotation for the event that one of our starters go down? Maloney had a bad game the other day, but I can overlook it because of the consistency he has show the last couple of years. I would vote to send Francisco down. Cairo is a much better back up at this point and can play more than one position. He is night and day as far as giving professional atbats go over Francisco. I know Francisco hasn't been given a huge chance but I've seen enough of his swinging at first pitches and poping them up. He needs more maturity and I think Triple A is a perfect place for that. Many may say, what about having a shortage of infielders? I don't think that's the case at all. If worse comes to worse Janish can play anywhere in the infield and we can plug Renteria in at short. What do you all think?

defender
04-10-2011, 03:47 PM
It has to be a pitcher. Reds only have a 5 man bench.

The DARK
04-10-2011, 03:55 PM
First reaction is Jordan Smith, but he's had a good year so far and Dusty seems to have a lot of faith in him. I'll say Maloney.

bleedsred
04-10-2011, 03:56 PM
I think Maloney since the Reds already have Chapman and Bray in the pen.....Jordan Smith should be second to go....nice problem to have

FloridaBuckeye
04-10-2011, 04:01 PM
Maloney will definitely get sent back down... and I think they may send LeCure down also, so that he can get starts in. Odds are in his favor to see another start at some point this year.

Vottomatic
04-10-2011, 04:29 PM
I send Maloney down and return him to starting. We will need him down the road when someone else misses a few starts. I think Lecure is better suited to be a long reliever if needed.

bounty37h
04-11-2011, 11:14 AM
If your asking who i would send down, it would prob be whoever/whatever I could trade Fransisco for.

FloridaBuckeye
04-11-2011, 11:24 AM
If your asking who i would send down, it would prob be whoever/whatever I could trade Fransisco for.

What??

malcontent
04-11-2011, 12:48 PM
Leake now for Willis.

Francisco when Lewis is ready.

Maloney and Smith when Cueto and Bailey return. LeCure slides to long man.

SidneySlicker
04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
Leake now for Willis.

Francisco when Lewis is ready.

Maloney and Smith when Cueto and Bailey return. LeCure slides to long man.

+1

R_Webb18
04-11-2011, 01:25 PM
what about leake? do we rly need 2 long men?

gilpdawg
04-12-2011, 07:13 AM
For Willis? Really? I'll bet anybody on this board 10 bucks that Dontrelle Willis will never put together any kind of significant stretch of good pitching for the Cincinnati Reds. I hate that, because he was cool at Redsfest and seems to be a good guy, but he's cooked. It's done.

I'd go Maloney down first, LeCure to long man.
Leake down when everybody is back.