PDA

View Full Version : addition by subtraction

Maker_84
04-10-2011, 09:05 PM
Leake needs to be gone and so does Bruce. these 2 haven't been producing for this team. Heisey can immediately step in for Bruce but gonna be awhile until Leake can be replaced with Cueto or Bailey. This team won't be elite until those changes are made

arkimadee
04-10-2011, 09:15 PM
Leake needs to be gone and so does Bruce. these 2 haven't been producing for this team. Heisey can immediately step in for Bruce but gonna be awhile until Leake can be replaced with Cueto or Bailey. This team won't be elite until those changes are made
Welcome to another season of great knee-jerk reactions after a tough loss. What a brilliant idea it would be to put Bruce in the minors.. Are you frikin kidding me??? We are 9 games into the season... 9 games. Bruce will be fine. Leake had one bad inning today.. Let's not forget how the bases got loaded. Fluke base hits. It happens in baseball from time to time. We lost a game we should have won. It happens. If you recall our pitching staff didn't do squat in April last year with the exception of Leake then it caught fire.

Kiss the Baby00
04-10-2011, 09:16 PM
they jsut gave Bruce 50 million. he aint goin anywhere

mlh1981
04-10-2011, 09:35 PM
Yeah. Dusty and Walt should be fired as well, and I really hope Bob Castellini considers selling the team, too.

VottoFan54
04-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Jay Bruce had a OPS of .846 last year at the age of 23.

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting/year/2010/split/85/sort/OPS/order/true

The above link shows what most teams get out of their right fielders, I would consider Jay Bruce a well above average right fielder.

Homer Bailey has never had a higher ERA than Mike Leake had last year but you want Homer to replace Leake, I think our rotation should consist of Leake, Cueto, Arroyo, Volquez, and Wood since those are clearly the five best pitchers we have. This leaves Homer as the odd man out and he needs to go to the bullpen and pitch their and he can be traded or enter the rotation once we have an injury.

I think Maker's comments would be more convincing if he used actual facts instead of just posting what he thinks should happen without any real evidence as to why that should be done.

MBZags
04-10-2011, 11:37 PM
This thread redefines absurdity.

ruREaDy2
04-10-2011, 11:59 PM
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/gif/ppreflex.gif

FloridaBuckeye
04-11-2011, 12:12 AM
http://faculty.washington.edu/chudler/gif/ppreflex.gif

hahahaha...

Vottomatic
04-11-2011, 07:30 AM
I don't want to get rid of Bruce either. But his early issues in the majors start with not being able to produce with men on base. I cringe when he comes to the plate in rbi situations.

Girevik
04-11-2011, 09:28 AM
I can understand people getting on Bruce (don't agree with it, butI can see it), but Leake? I though he pitched really well his first game, and except for the HR he gave up yesterday, all of those hits he gave up in that inning were ground balls that happened to find holes. None of them were hit hard.....he could have easily been out of that inning clean had he caught a break or two.

BigJohn
04-11-2011, 09:35 AM
Is maker 84 Marty B., incognito?

:)

bounty37h
04-11-2011, 10:59 AM

Only thing that "needs to be gone" is this thread.

brm7675
04-11-2011, 12:32 PM
With young players you have to be willing to accept issues like we are seeing with both Bruce and Leake. Relax..we still have over 150 games to play...

Maker_84
04-11-2011, 01:20 PM
I can understand people getting on Bruce (don't agree with it, butI can see it), but Leake? I though he pitched really well his first game, and except for the HR he gave up yesterday, all of those hits he gave up in that inning were ground balls that happened to find holes. None of them were hit hard.....he could have easily been out of that inning clean had he caught a break or two.

Leake had a good opening game yes but since the middle of the season last year he's done awful. Unfortunately i believe that first game was an anomaly