PDA

View Full Version : West Coast games--viewing habits?

mlh1981
04-11-2011, 05:53 PM
Stay up and just accept being tired the next day, do the responsible thing (go to bed at a reasonable hour, maybe watch part of it), or tivo/dvr for the next day?

bshall2105
04-11-2011, 05:59 PM
I always plan on staying up to watch the entire game, but I usually fall sleep during a commercial around the sixth or seventh inning.

Reds
04-11-2011, 06:08 PM
I don't start watching the game if I can't afford to stay awake for the entire thing, 'cause I've tried turning it off and usually end up with one eye on it until the end anyhow.

trush44
04-11-2011, 06:50 PM
Stay up for the whole thing unless the lead becomes 5+ runs one way or the other. I've accepted being tired the next day and just look foward to my early-evening nap in which I wake up just in time for game 2 :D

Ryanballa
04-11-2011, 08:05 PM
I am ready for some late night baseball I never miss a Reds game boyssssssss

arkimadee
04-11-2011, 08:18 PM
I work second shift and get home about 12:30am so I love west coast games.

Kingspoint
04-11-2011, 08:21 PM
Unless they figure out a way to get games back to the two hours of length that they should be, every game should be dvr'd/tivo'd. Or, what I like to do, just don't start watching the game until an hour after it's started and then blow through the commercials and nonsense like the batters stepping out of the box and grabbing every piece of their body between pitches like some crank-addict who's tweaking.

Kingspoint
04-11-2011, 08:24 PM
I am ready for some late night baseball I never miss a Reds game boyssssssss

Don't let it effect your studies. (There's nothing wrong with getting an A+ in every subject.)

Welcome, and I hope you see another win tonight.

Carolina_Redleg
04-11-2011, 08:48 PM
Thankfully I don't have class until 2 tomorrow, so the late start won't affect me tonight.

Have to be up at 530 am Wednesday morning though, so tomorrow could be a different story.

Parliament
04-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Gotta stay up and watch the games, no doubt about it

Mush
04-11-2011, 10:29 PM
I just start watching the game and then 'see what happens'.

Some nights I'll see it to the end (usually if the Reds are up) and other nights I'll fall asleep - the worst thing you can do is call it a day after say 5 innings, go to bed & then stay awake for an hour!

Man - Volquez hit that 47 bang-on for a walk. Not a good way to start the game...

Mush
04-12-2011, 12:01 AM
Well it's midnight & still going strong. After the (usual???) bad 1st innings it's been a good game so far. I sense a victory :-)

gilpdawg
04-12-2011, 05:50 AM
I work second shift and get home about 12:30am so I love west coast games.
Yep, me too, although I get home around 11:30. I usually follow the games on the MLB at Bat app while I'm working and then watch the Condensed Game when it's posted later. I used to try and DVR the games but for some reason the HD feed for FSN is often glitchy on my cable and it's unwatchable about half the time so I never know whether or not to DVR the SD or HD feed.

Captain13
04-12-2011, 08:43 AM
I turn on the game and pour myself a drink. I almost always fall asleep before the end of the game, and last night only made it into the second. I guess I missed a good one.

jhc2010
04-12-2011, 08:49 AM
DVR. I just finished last night's game!

Shawn_RedsFan
04-12-2011, 09:58 AM
About have to stay up for them, can't stand not knowing first thing in the morning how the game went.

Hillsdale87
04-12-2011, 02:50 PM
I've been in India for almost a week and will be coming back next Wednesday, so the West Coast games are great right now. I get up at 7:30 AM and watch part of the game before work.

UPRedsFan
04-12-2011, 02:57 PM
About have to stay up for them, can't stand not knowing first thing in the morning how the game went.

I must be old. Or must be the only one with a job that requires getting up at 6:00am.

I log on in the morning to find out the good news. Can't watch a 10pm game anymore. Reading that volquez held 'em to 2 runs made my morning today.

When I was a kid I remember laying in bed with a little transistor radio laying on my chest listening to Marty and Joe after midnight (turned down way low of course so I didn't get yelled at). Those were the days!

code
04-12-2011, 03:01 PM
goto sleep; wake up and watch the Condensed Game on my iphone :)

RedCanuck
04-12-2011, 03:53 PM
Watch the game, in bed by 10:30. What's the problem?;)

texasdave
04-12-2011, 03:56 PM
I have always hated West Coast games. Not because of the time slot though. But because the Reds seldom won any of them.

RedLakerFan24
04-12-2011, 05:51 PM
I live in Los Angeles, haha, the game is normally over by 10, so its not a problem to me.

RedCanuck
04-12-2011, 07:56 PM
I have always hated West Coast games. Not because of the time slot though. But because the Reds seldom won any of them.

Last year I went to 3 games. On Father's Day they lost to the Mariner's 1 -0 to get swept by them. August 23rd Giants spanked us 11 - 2. Then finally a win 12 - 11 against the Giants in 12 after blowing a 10 - 1 lead. If you have a heart condition this may not be the best team for you to follow..... (Right CoCo?)

TD; do you get to many games?

texasdave
04-12-2011, 08:33 PM
Last year I went to 3 games. On Father's Day they lost to the Mariner's 1 -0 to get swept by them. August 23rd Giants spanked us 11 - 2. Then finally a win 12 - 11 against the Giants in 12 after blowing a 10 - 1 lead. If you have a heart condition this may not be the best team for you to follow..... (Right CoCo?)

TD; do you get to many games?

I usually catch the Reds about 3 times a season when they come to Houston. It's a beautiful park. I get there early to catch batting practice. I am not much of a good luck charm though. I've seen them lose more times than win.

redsfan_12
04-12-2011, 11:53 PM
I like west coast games for a change. Only have so many chances to watch some late night baseball.

Mush
04-13-2011, 01:23 AM
So who made it to the end of this one? Or more to the point - anyone give up in the 10th and miss that amazing top of the 11th?

Shouldn't say 'end of' yet but can't see SD getting this one back. What a game!

COYR.

tom nuetten
04-13-2011, 04:19 AM
i´m from germany so every game i watch starts or end in the night.. yesterday i wake up at 4 am to watch the game ;)...

so i can not see every game... but 3-4 games a week i can watch...

greets from germany

RadfordVA
04-13-2011, 05:44 AM
So who made it to the end of this one? Or more to the point - anyone give up in the 10th and miss that amazing top of the 11th?

COYR.

Just finished the game on mlb.tv....what a roller coaster ride in the extra innings! I usually stay up late and watch live. If I cant I just get up a little early and watch the game skipping through commercials. I hate how mlb on Ps3 took away the skip to a certain half inning feature this year on its live game dvr. Will probably just go with Extra Innings on Directv this year.

trush44
04-13-2011, 12:22 PM

COYR.

I made it to the top 11th and saw Stubb's insurance 3-run home run. I then gave up in the bottom of the 11th because there was no way even CoCo could make it interesting again.

Parliament
04-13-2011, 12:37 PM
i´m from germany so every game i watch starts or end in the night.. yesterday i wake up at 4 am to watch the game ;)...

greets from germany

:thumbup: That's funny. I wake up early on Saturdays to watch bundesliga 2 games that FC Ingolstadt plays in to watch Edson Buddle.

Great to see a German Reds fan! :beerme:

Carolina_Redleg
04-13-2011, 01:22 PM
I had to be up at 530 am EST this morning for PT for the ARMY, and stayed up until the very end of the game last night. Definitely well worth it. Sure I am dragging a tad today, but still that game last night was just awesome.

Sean_CaseyRules
04-13-2011, 04:30 PM
My job usually doesn't have me in until 6pm or so. Sometimes I don't like the West Coast trips because I miss the games haha. But it makes up for it when I don't work. I've got to see the first two games of the SD series, but will miss tonights game. I wish I had DVR so I could watch it when I got home. Looks like RedsZone updates for me tonight! haha!

GO REDS!!!

Simon Rhymon
04-13-2011, 05:16 PM

greets from germany

:thumbup: That's funny. I wake up early on Saturdays to watch bundesliga 2 games that FC Ingolstadt plays in to watch Edson Buddle.

Great to see a German Reds fan! :beerme:

Greetings BL fans. I try to catch Bremen and Köln as much as possible so if the Reds are playing late on the west coast, it's a killer missing sleep on both ends ... but it's worth it. :thumbup: