PDA

View Full Version : The 5 Stages of Sundeck

LeDoux
04-11-2011, 08:27 PM
Denial: “Obviously they are joking. No one would write that and mean it.”

Anger: “Where are the mods? Where is justice?”

Bargaining: “I will never use Saber stats, or only use Saber stats, from now on if this will just stop.”

Depression: “I give up. I will just post in Non-sports Chatter from now on.”

Acceptance: “So let’s talk about this Alonso for Reyes trade some more.”

Jack Burton
04-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Denial: “Obviously they are joking. No one would write that and mean it.”

Anger: “Where are the mods? Where is justice?”

Bargaining: “I will never use Saber stats, or only use Saber stats, from now on if this will just stop.”

Depression: “I give up. I will just post in Non-sports Chatter from now on.”

Acceptance: “So let’s talk about this Alonso for Reyes trade some more.”

Sounds more like The ORG

Sean_CaseyRules
04-12-2011, 01:58 PM
Yeah, ours usually is

1. Skies Falling.

2. Anger.

3. Skies REALLY falling this time.

4. Guys, I was wrong before, but this time, the sky IS falling.

5. You know what, this might be our year!

Todd Gack
04-12-2011, 02:07 PM
People need to remember to look at the whole picture and not just 1 game or 1 month. This season is 162 games long and lots of folks seem to forget that. . . positively or negatively.

texasdave
04-12-2011, 02:20 PM
People need to remember to look at the whole picture and not just 1 game or 1 month. This season is 162 games long and lots of folks seem to forget that. . . positively or negatively.

And other people need to remember that there are a lot of fans that live and die with each pitch and don't really need lectures about how long the season is. You follow the team your way and let others do the same. That sounds like a pretty fair way of looking at things.

PedroBourbon
04-12-2011, 03:23 PM
Yeah, ours usually is

1. Skies Falling.

2. Anger.

Yeah this is more accurate. A 2 or 3 game slide really gets some people freaked out and convinced that we will soon be mathematically eliminated from playoff contention. Same with a hot streak virtually locking up a playoff spot to some. Baseball is a game of "Runs" both literally and figuratively. You obviously want to have more good runs than losing streaks to be alive in October.:thumbup:

knoonan991
04-12-2011, 05:12 PM
Yeah, ours usually is

1. Skies Falling.

2. Anger.

Bravo! :beerme:

That was hilarious.

Vottomatic
04-12-2011, 07:38 PM
I'm typically calm and relaxed until the Cardinal series, when all the Cardinal posters, some who are trolls, show up and wreak havoc on us. I typically get banned about that time because I say stuff emotionally. :D

Brisco
04-12-2011, 07:44 PM

That was hilarious.

"It's funny because it's true.":cool:

Sean_CaseyRules
04-13-2011, 02:05 AM

That was hilarious.

Thank you, thank you! :thumbup:

bounty37h
04-13-2011, 09:55 AM
I'm typically calm and relaxed until the Cardinal series, when all the Cardinal posters, some who are trolls, show up and wreak havoc on us. I typically get banned about that time because I say stuff emotionally. :D

Haha, yeah, I got a few warnings last season as well around the Cards time. Thankfully they all appear to be on the ORG now, you know, the premium board for premium Reds fans (joking off the other thread that was going around).

Todd Gack
04-13-2011, 11:18 AM
And other people need to remember that there are a lot of fans that live and die with each pitch and don't really need lectures about how long the season is. You follow the team your way and let others do the same. That sounds like a pretty fair way of looking at things.

That's fine. Others just won't expect you to be a reasonable, objective fan.

LeDoux
04-13-2011, 11:22 AM

I prefer to freely declare myself as a Reds fan without the pretense of objectivity.

Todd Gack
04-13-2011, 11:26 AM
I prefer to freely declare myself as a Reds fan without the pretense of objectivity.

You're missing my point. You can't 'live and die' by EACH pitch and consider yourself objective. I mean, I guess it's possible, but just because Volquez might throw a wild pitch doesn't mean he should be sent to the minors. I don't care if you're a 'homer' and 'live and die' by each pitch. I'll just expect you to get a knee-jerk reaction. That's all.

LeDoux
04-13-2011, 01:41 PM
You're missing my point. You can't 'live and die' by EACH pitch and consider yourself objective. I mean, I guess it's possible, but just because Volquez might throw a wild pitch doesn't mean he should be sent to the minors. I don't care if you're a 'homer' and 'live and die' by each pitch. I'll just expect you to get a knee-jerk reaction. That's all.

It is certainly possibly I am missing something in your argument. And it wouldn't be the first time I misunderstood someone’s post on here. That being said, when I read “objective” I understand it to mean without bias or valuation. It is impossible for me to do this as a Reds fan. Since it is only a game played by people whom I never met, I can do nothing but over-react to it. Sometimes I am too busy to catch a game, sometimes I do live and die by every pitch. But I have trouble when others tell me how I should emotionally react to a game. I should be allowed to invest into it as much as I please.

Some fans react to loss by wanting to DFA the entire team. I might think that is crazy. I might even say so. But at the end of the day I respect their right react how they like to a game we both enjoy. As long as everyone maintains a civil tone, I am open to reading all sorts of rants. After all, if we were all entirely objective we wouldn’t be on a fan forum - we’d be memorizing statistics.

I am sorry if I mistook your perspective but I hope this helps clarify mine.

:beerme:

edit: typo fix

texasdave
04-13-2011, 02:10 PM

I could not care less how others view my reds' fanship. And why would I want to be objective? I am passionate about following the Reds and see nothing wrong with that. You want to be "objective" and think that somehow you are a better fan because of that - fine. You are mistaken. There are many different reasons to follow a team. Yours is merely one. Keep your unsolicited words of wisdom to yourself. Thanks.

PS Todd Gack doesn't think I am objective about my favorite sports team. Where is the freakin' razor blade? I can't go on.

AintlifeGrande
04-13-2011, 02:26 PM
Somebody took a shot at the Sundeck poster's on the ORG the other day.They forget that many of us were once in the ORG.