PDA

View Full Version : Kudos to Dusty

UPRedsFan
04-12-2011, 10:38 AM
He gets a lot of criticism but last night he pulled the right strings.

1. Giving Stubbs a breather and getting Heisey in the lineup paid off.
2. Going with Smith and Bray instead of Massett in a close game.

I'm wondering if Rolen needs some rest though. Seems like he's playing a lot. I'm worried he'll get worn down at this pace like last year. Maybe it's time for Renteria to make an appearance at 3b.

swaisuc
04-12-2011, 10:44 AM
Agreed on the top 2 points.

On Rolen, I'd have to believe he is telling Dusty that he feels great and can play every day. I'm expecting him to sit Wednesday assuming he doesn't tonight. I suspect they will play Cairo or Franscisco at 3rd though not Renteria.

I think the plan coming out of ST was not to play Renteria at 3rd and I don't think 10 good games from he and Janish is nearly enough to alter from that plan. Especially when you are carrying 2 other 3rd basemen on your roster.

R_Webb18
04-12-2011, 12:37 PM
Cairo>Franscisco

just imo

Kiss the Baby00
04-12-2011, 02:30 PM
Cairo>Franscisco

just imo

lol why would u think that? Cairo jsut got his first multi year deal at the age of 36. hes obv a stud. and francisco is a .300 hitter in the big leagues.

Grouse
04-12-2011, 03:06 PM
Cairo>Franscisco

just imo

Agreed Franscisco swings at bad pitches, and needs alot of work at third. He drives me nuts when he is at bat the same way Adam Dunn did. I don't know what it is. Cairo gives you a pro at bat, and a good glove at third. He is what he is, a very good back-up. Franscisco has alot of room to grow, I don't know why he is with the big club', and saplet is is in AAA. Do we Need 3 third baseman, and only 4 outfielders? Franscisco should be getting daly at bats. IMO.

Kingspoint
04-12-2011, 04:07 PM
He has them out in front in first place and pretty loose.

Glad to see us get rid of one of these West Coast trips early.

Girevik
04-12-2011, 04:43 PM
don't know why he is with the big club', and saplet is is in AAA. Do we Need 3 third baseman, and only 4 outfielders?

Because he's on the 40-man roster and Sappelt isn't. The thought is that Francisco could fill in a spot in the OF in a pinch.

texasdave
04-12-2011, 04:54 PM
Because he's on the 40-man roster and Sappelt isn't. The thought is that Francisco could fill in a spot in the OF in a pinch.

They could easily open a spot on the 40-man roster for him. I don't believe Valiquette is going to be pitching for awhile. Move him to the 60-man DL and there you go.

bounty37h
04-12-2011, 05:08 PM
lol why would u think that? Cairo jsut got his first multi year deal at the age of 36. hes obv a stud. and francisco is a .300 hitter in the big leagues.

Answer is below your post.

R_Webb18
04-12-2011, 08:43 PM

hes no hitter in big leagues now. maybe in few yrs.

Billy Hamilton's Legs
04-13-2011, 04:39 AM
the question i have in regard to francisco is whether or not having him ride the bench and play every fourth or fifth day is benefiting his development more than getting reps everyday at AAA. perhaps this way frazier gets more work at AAA and the club sees him as a better long term option as opposed to francisco and francisco is just a better PH right now. I really don't know what the club has in mind, but francisco needs all the seasoning he can get, because rolen and cairo are only around for so long...