PDA

View Full Version : The Redszone Glossary of Terms, Names, Jokes & Acronyms

Brisco
04-12-2011, 09:21 PM
All:

I was reading another thread and saw that I am not the only one that often has to look up acronyms used on this site... but also, I realize that I am not up on all the nicknames used for various team members and that I might be missing some inside jokes (It took me a while to figure out the whole Jim Coombs story).

For example, I believe Francisco is called END, but I am not sure why.

I propose this thread as a glossary of baseball, Reds and even Redzone terms, nicknames, or inside jokes. A place where new or casual posters can ask about one of the above without disturbing/distracting a given thread and without any need for embarassment.

If everyone likes the idea, I would ask the mods to please make this a sticky here in the Sundeck since that is where most of us ignorant folks can post.

Thank you,

Brisco

Kingspoint
04-12-2011, 10:04 PM
That's a great idea. Many a time I go through a thread and think to myself, "Is that some texting acronym that my date of birth keeps me from being able to decipher what it means?" or, "Is that something I should know?" So, over to google I go to look it up. But, if it's something specifically related to the REDS, it's not likely going to be there.