PDA

View Full Version : NBA Playoffs Thread 2011:

Pages : [1] 2

texasdave
04-14-2011, 03:27 PM
First up here is the (TV) schedule for the opening round of the playoffs:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/basketball/nba/04/13/playoff.schedule.2011/index.html?eref=sihp

I don't see any upsets in the first round as the top four seeds in each conference will advance into the second round. If there is a team that might get upset it is the Spurs. But I think there is only a slim chance of that. Thunder and Nuggets could be pretty entertaining.

Kingspoint
04-14-2011, 07:57 PM
There's a zero percent chance that all four top seeds will advance in each conference.

Revering4Blue
04-15-2011, 10:50 PM
Good news: The Pacers are back in the playoffs.

Bad news: They do not match up well against the Bulls. The Pacers would have had a much better shot against the interior defensively-starved Heat, who should have a relatively easy time with a crippled 76ers team.

Revering4Blue
04-15-2011, 10:53 PM
There's a zero percent chance that all four top seeds will advance in each conference.

I wouldn't go that far, but I'll give the Knicks, Blazers and Nuggets a fighting chance to pull off a first-round upset.

goreds2
04-16-2011, 11:55 AM
GO SIXERS! I have been a fan since the late 70's.

Revering4Blue
04-16-2011, 12:05 PM
GO SIXERS! I have been a fan since the late 70's.

I'd love to see the 76ers pull it off.

As an aside, I still consider the 1983 76ers the best team I've ever seen, but that's a topic for another thread.

goreds2
04-16-2011, 06:45 PM
Sixers played Miami tough but could not get the win.

http://www.nba.com/playoffs/2011/eastseries2/index.html?g=1&t=bs

Unassisted
04-16-2011, 08:07 PM
Good news: The Pacers are back in the playoffs.

Bad news: They do not match up well against the Bulls. The Pacers would have had a much better shot against the interior defensively-starved Heat, who should have a relatively easy time with a crippled 76ers team.I watched the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter of Game 1 in this series and was amazed at the turnaround. Pacers went from being up by 7 and in command, with Hansbrough hitting a soft jumper every time he got the ball in his hands to being tossed around like a bunch of pillows as the Bulls clawed their way into the lead. I don't see the Pacers coming back from a loss like that.

Revering4Blue
04-16-2011, 08:43 PM
I watched the last 5 minutes of the 4th quarter of Game 1 in this series and was amazed at the turnaround. Pacers went from being up by 7 and in command, with Hansbrough hitting a soft jumper every time he got the ball in his hands to being tossed around like a bunch of pillows as the Bulls clawed their way into the lead. I don't see the Pacers coming back from a loss like that.

Yeah, they're done like a fast food steak.

With Boozer in foul trouble, the table was set for Indy to steal one. Granger was in a zone for awhile, but bogged the offense down late in the game with his quick trigger. It goes without saying that Rose is something else.

Kingspoint
04-16-2011, 09:08 PM
10-point lead with 3:29 to go and they get outscored 16-1.

Ouch! That's a choke...(or a fix...I didn't see it).

But, that's got to hurt.

I don't think it's over for Indy. That was a great effort. It proves they were ready to play. Don't see any reason why that will change in the next game.

I find it amazing how analysts are just assuming that nobody can beat the Bulls. They're too inexperienced to be given that much respect.

Razor Shines
04-16-2011, 09:58 PM
Yeah, they choked that one away. Inexperience. But the Bulls are a bunch of cry babies. If Rose gets touched they want to fight. And after the game when asked about the Pacers' defense on him he says "Well, they were fouling me hard."

Revering4Blue
04-17-2011, 09:41 AM
The Hawks strategy of playing Dwight Howard straight-up without double-teaming him worked to perfection. Other than Jameer Nelson, the Magic are devoid of players who can create their own shot. On top of that, they lack defensive depth in the post behind Howard and Bass.

Translation: The Magic miss Martin Gortat more than they care to admit. I fail to see how that early season multi-player deal with the Suns improved them at all.

I have to admit that I was a little disappointed with the Blazers/Mavs brick festival last night. 89-81? Come on. I'll still be surprised if this series doesn't go 7.

Jack Burton
04-17-2011, 12:41 PM
Yeah, they choked that one away. Inexperience. But the Bulls are a bunch of cry babies. If Rose gets touched they want to fight. And after the game when asked about the Pacers' defense on him he says "Well, they were fouling me hard."

Agreed, a bunch of sissies. Play the game and quit whining.

But it's very unacceptable to lose that lead, needed to take that game.

NJReds
04-17-2011, 02:14 PM
The Bulls go to the line 32 times (to 17 for the Pacers) ... Rose takes 21 FTs!

The Heat go to the line 39 times (to 15 for the Sixers) ... Bosh, James and Wade take 32 FTs.

NBA Playoff fever ... catch it.

Slyder
04-17-2011, 02:24 PM

The Heat go to the line 39 times (to 15 for the Sixers) ... Bosh, James and Wade take 32 FTs.

Dont ya know NBA can't afford its premier teams to not make it to the next round. Got to give espn a reason to continue the Heat watch (which has been an outright failure based on the hype by ESPN).

Jack Burton
04-17-2011, 08:12 PM
Lakers lost today, very good stuff.

Doubt NO will take the series but a great start nonetheless.

Jack Burton
04-17-2011, 09:48 PM
Just a flat out terrible call on the Melo Offensive Foul. You can not make a call like that. Dumbfounded. And the NBA wonders why people say it's "fixed"?

Chip R
04-18-2011, 09:10 AM
Just a flat out terrible call on the Melo Offensive Foul. You can not make a call like that. Dumbfounded. And the NBA wonders why people say it's "fixed"?

If it's so fixed, wouldn't the refs (Knicks fan Stern) want the Knicks to win?

Unassisted
04-18-2011, 09:23 AM
Not impressed with the Spurs showing in Game 1, handing a team that had never won a game in the playoffs a road win against the #1 seed. If they can't win without one of their Big Three, they won't get far in these playoffs.

Puffy
04-18-2011, 10:54 AM

Stern wants higher seeded teams to advance. And the kingpins of the NBA are Boston and Los Angeles. And this year Miami.

The Knicks won't get any calls. Not this year at least.

Razor Shines
04-18-2011, 11:02 AM
That offensive goaltending that wasn't called on OKC was horrible too.

NJReds
04-18-2011, 11:26 AM

I don't think so. Celtics v. Heat is the matchup of choice. But I don't think it was fixed ... it was just a bad call.

It was compounded by the fact that Toney Douglas was obliterated by KG with an illegal pick that left Ray Allen open for the game winning basket and there was no call.

But the Knicks let that one get away on their own dumb mistakes as well.

texasdave
04-18-2011, 12:13 PM
There may be no crying in baseball; but basketball certainly makes up for it.

Puffy
04-18-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't think so. Celtics v. Heat is the matchup of choice. But I don't think it was fixed ... it was just a bad call.

It was compounded by the fact that Toney Douglas was obliterated by KG with an illegal pick that left Ray Allen open for the game winning basket and there was no call.

But the Knicks let that one get away on their own dumb mistakes as well.

Exactly. The Knicks lost because the Celtics outworked them in the second half. The game style was Celtics style.

But those two calls didn't help matters either.

NJReds
04-18-2011, 12:39 PM
There may be no crying in baseball; but basketball certainly makes up for it.

If the officiating in baseball was tipped to the home team's advantage as much as it is in basketball, there would be plenty of crying in baseball.

texasdave
04-18-2011, 01:30 PM
If the officiating in baseball was tipped to the home team's advantage as much as it is in basketball, there would be plenty of crying in baseball.

If the game is slanted then why even watch it?

Chip R
04-18-2011, 02:02 PM

I'm not so sure about that. It seems to me that every sport would love a NYC team in their finals - even over a storied team like the Celtics. I'm not saying that having the Celtics (or the Heat) advance to the finals would be a bad thing for the NBA but having the New York Knicks there would be quite a story.

I'm not sure why the NBA would even bother helping the Celtics out. They are going to shoot themselves in the foot even before they get to the Finals.

NJReds
04-18-2011, 03:02 PM
If the game is slanted then why even watch it?

I think NBA fans are used to it. Home calls are part of the game. It's something that the visiting team has to overcome.

But to answer your question, I don't really watch much NBA unless my team is playing.

TeamSelig
04-18-2011, 08:52 PM
The Melo foul call basically handed the Celtics the win. What a terrible call.

Kingspoint
04-18-2011, 08:52 PM

The Mavericks go to the line 19 times in the 4th Quarter to the Blazers 2. The favored teams/home teams had a ton more free throw attempts than the road team. Nate McMillan isn't a coach that ever complains about the officiating, but he had no choice but to say after the game, "I don't know what to say". "My players had no idea how to play the game because of it not being consistent on both ends of the floor." That was pretty much a prevailing theme around the league for the Game 1's.

That said, Nate McMillan lost that game by playing Brandon Roy for all but one second of the 4th Quarter, leaving their best defender (at Guard) and best three-point shooter on the bench the whole quarter in Matthews, while also leaving on the bench the entire 4th Quarter, Marcus Camby, who had 18 Rebounds.

Revering4Blue
04-18-2011, 09:34 PM
That offensive goaltending that wasn't called on OKC was horrible too.

NBA confirms Thunderís go-ahead basket was illegal

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AvLX2SGmTBPurmoJQKou6EE5nYcB?slug=ap-nuggets-thunder

Razor Shines
04-18-2011, 09:46 PM
I think Hansbrough just sees "DUKE" when Boozer is on the court.

TeamSelig
04-19-2011, 01:00 PM
The NBA REALLY wants Chicago to win, huh?

Oxblood
04-19-2011, 01:49 PM
The NBA REALLY wants Chicago to win, huh?
It's almost unwatchable at this point.

It's also funny the way Chi reacts to every foul called against them, where's the TF's?

RBA
04-19-2011, 02:02 PM
Maybe the NBA is taking out the No. 1 and 2 seeds in the West to give the East a fighting chance this year. ;)

HotCorner
04-19-2011, 02:23 PM
The Mavericks go to the line 19 times in the 4th Quarter to the Blazers 2. The favored teams/home teams had a ton more free throw attempts than the road team. Nate McMillan isn't a coach that ever complains about the officiating, but he had no choice but to say after the game, "I don't know what to say". "My players had no idea how to play the game because of it not being consistent on both ends of the floor." That was pretty much a prevailing theme around the league for the Game 1's.

That said, Nate McMillan lost that game by playing Brandon Roy for all but one second of the 4th Quarter, leaving their best defender (at Guard) and best three-point shooter on the bench the whole quarter in Matthews, while also leaving on the bench the entire 4th Quarter, Marcus Camby, who had 18 Rebounds.

The NBA has assigned referee Danny Crawford to Game 2. The Mavs are 2-16 in playoff games with him as head referee. Interesting.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nba/news/story?id=6388692

DALLAS -- As far as Dallas conspiracy theories go, referee Danny Crawford working Mavericks playoff games ranks right up there with who shot J.R. Ewing.

Crawford is the lead official of the crew that will work Tuesday night's Game 2 in the Dallas Mavericks' first-round series against the Portland Trail Blazers. That will make many Mavs fans cringe, given the franchise's miserable track record in playoff games worked by Crawford.

The Mavs have a 2-16 record in playoff games officiated by Crawford, including 16 losses in the last 17 games. Dallas is 48-41 in the rest of their playoff games during the ownership tenure of Mark Cuban, who has been fined millions of dollars in the last 11 years for publicly complaining about officiating.

KoryMac5
04-19-2011, 06:18 PM
Crawford is definitely not a guy you want to see around a Mavs game, if you are a Mavs fan. Portland has to be jumping up and down about this switch and in a very good way.

Interesting numbers from a Dallas website:

Besides the Mavs being 2-16 in playoff games officiated by Crawford since the 2001 season. ... In all other playoff games since 2001 they are 48-41.

*Average point differential in that time-frame: With Crawford: minus-7.7; Without Crawford: plus-0.9

*He's officiated four elimination games; Dallas has lost all four.

*In 2009, when the Mavs were preparing to take on the Nuggets in Round 2, we pointed out before Game 1 that in Mavs playoffs games worked by Crawford from 2001-to-2005, the Mavs record was 0-8. (Those years, Dallas was 41-37 in games NOT worked by Crawford.)

Ouch!

Bill Simmoms also weighs in with his take on this situation:

So why does Danny rank so highly in the power rankings? Because any NBA official who can keep his job post-Donaghy with a documented history of bias against a particular team has to be commended. I'm being sarcastic. What a joke. The league could easily avoid these situations by admitting that, yes, from time to time, a team rubs an official the wrong way, and officials are human, and there's nothing we can do about this other than making sure the official and the team cross paths as little as possible -- like Crawford and Dallas, like Bill Kennedy and Boston, like Joey Crawford and San Antonio (1-4 in Crawford's five Spurs playoff games since he was suspended for ejecting Tim Duncan in 2007) -- but apparently it's easier to stick our heads in the sand and pretend this stuff isn't going on. You know, because Tim Donaghy's documented-by-the-FBI, staggeringly successful record of picking winners by playing on the biases of officials against certain teams didn't really happen. Even though it did. Let's just move on.

Double Ouch!!

TeamSelig
04-19-2011, 08:20 PM
This has received quite a bit of press though.... it will be interesting to see if Crawford calls an extra favorable game for Dallas to "even" out the numbers.

NJReds
04-19-2011, 10:04 PM
No Billups, no Amare ... a late lead and the same boneheaded mistakes result in the Knicks being down 2-0.

Razor Shines
04-19-2011, 11:26 PM
Watching the Blazers and Mavs. They're talking about Kidd's improved shooting.... How long has Kidd been playing basketball? And he had to learn about making the "V" with your pointer and middle finger when you shoot the ball from Dirk just this year? So did he intentionally ignore all the shooting coaching he'd had up until that point?

Kingspoint
04-20-2011, 12:54 AM
Watching the Blazers and Mavs. They're talking about Kidd's improved shooting.... How long has Kidd been playing basketball? And he had to learn about making the "V" with your pointer and middle finger when you shoot the ball from Dirk just this year? So did he intentionally ignore all the shooting coaching he'd had up until that point?

When you play street basketball with Gary Payton in Oakland growing up, you pass the ball to Payton and let him shoot.

Razor Shines
04-20-2011, 09:32 AM
When you play street basketball with Gary Payton in Oakland growing up, you pass the ball to Payton and let him shoot.

Haha, that's good.

Puffy
04-20-2011, 11:32 AM
No Billups, no Amare ... a late lead and the same boneheaded mistakes result in the Knicks being down 2-0.

Yeah, I just can't be too mad though. The final five on the court for the last 3 minutes were Melo, Jeffries, Anthony Carter, Douglas and Bill Walker. The fact that they even were close is a miracle.

If you watched those final minutes it was get the ball to Melo, Big Baby immediately ran to the double team (I mean IMMEDIATE) so who was going to score once Melo was forced to pass?

If Amare and Billups can return Friday I think Knicks win that one. Then if they can win the Sunday game its a series again. If not, well, they were always a one and out this year anyway. They need that one more player to beat the big boys. Who that player is though I have no idea.

NJReds
04-20-2011, 12:38 PM
If you watched those final minutes it was get the ball to Melo, Big Baby immediately ran to the double team (I mean IMMEDIATE) so who was going to score once Melo was forced to pass?

I thought they might try to run him off a screen or something. But you're right, hard to get too upset.

I think Billups will retire. That subtracts $14M from the cap. They need a big ... Tyson Chandler, for example ... that can run, block shots and rebound. And obviously they'll need a point guard.

It'd be nice if Landry Fields would show up. I mean, he didn't get traded to Denver, but his game still left town.

Chip R
04-20-2011, 12:48 PM
If the NBA were fixed WWE style then even if the NBA wanted BOS to win the series, they would make the series go 7 and even the Knicks losing would put them over coming into next season (if there is a next season.)

NJReds
04-20-2011, 01:22 PM
If the NBA were fixed WWE style then even if the NBA wanted BOS to win the series, they would make the series go 7 and even the Knicks losing would put them over coming into next season (if there is a next season.)

Only after Doc Rivers hit Carmelo with a chair as he went for the game winning layup.

Razor Shines
04-20-2011, 01:26 PM
I thought they might try to run him off a screen or something. But you're right, hard to get too upset.

I think Billups will retire. That subtracts $14M from the cap. They need a big ... Tyson Chandler, for example ... that can run, block shots and rebound. And obviously they'll need a point guard.

It'd be nice if Landry Fields would show up. I mean, he didn't get traded to Denver, but his game still left town.

I heard Jay Mohr say that Fields plays five minutes and then D'Antoni puts him in a car and sends him home.

WMR
04-20-2011, 01:39 PM
Yeah, I just can't be too mad though. The final five on the court for the last 3 minutes were Melo, Jeffries, Anthony Carter, Douglas and Bill Walker. The fact that they even were close is a miracle.

If Amare and Billups can return Friday I think Knicks win that one. Then if they can win the Sunday game its a series again. If not, well, they were always a one and out this year anyway. They need that one more player to beat the big boys. Who that player is though I have no idea.

I thought Chris Paul was wearing Knickerbocker pajamas at this point? :D

Puffy
04-20-2011, 03:45 PM
Paul is a free agent in 2012. I think the Knicks make a move before that, i.e. next year. I mean, in theory, it would be great to hold the money and then go for Howard or CP3 or Deron Williams (no way he stays with Nets, IMO) but even if you save that money there is no guarantee any of those three make it to 2012 as free agents. And if they do then maybe the Lakers free up cash, or the Celtics, or Howard stays and convinces CP3 to join him, etc.

So I think they make some kind of move for next year.

VR
04-24-2011, 12:32 AM
An amazing comeback today by the Blazers and Brandon Roy. Down 23 with 30 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, and Roy puts them on his shoulders like it was 2008 and he had knees once again.

Kingspoint
04-24-2011, 03:41 AM
An amazing comeback today by the Blazers and Brandon Roy. Down 23 with 30 seconds left in the 3rd quarter, and Roy puts them on his shoulders like it was 2008 and he had knees once again.
That was a lot of fun.

Revering4Blue
04-24-2011, 10:40 AM
This just in..

The Thunder are a dangerous team.

San Antonio is in deep trouble.

The Lakers have no answer for Westbrook.

If they (The Thunder) keep it up, who in the West is going to derail them?

Razor Shines
04-24-2011, 12:48 PM
My money is still on Bynum and Gasol. Kendrick Perkins will help but it won't be enough.

Jack Burton
04-24-2011, 02:11 PM
I think we're going to see a Heat vs Thunder finals.

Puffy
04-24-2011, 03:34 PM

That might be the first ever finals without an "S"

Unassisted
04-24-2011, 04:44 PM
The Thunder are a dangerous team.

San Antonio is in deep trouble.

If they (The Thunder) keep it up, who in the West is going to derail them?
San Antonio will (would?) be in trouble playing the Thunder in the next round.

Most Spurs fans would definitely prefer seeing them in the Finals instead of the #2 and #3 seeds in the West. ;)

RBA
04-25-2011, 12:45 AM
Not a good night to be a Lakers, Reds and an Amazing Race Cowboys fan. ;)

Kingspoint
04-25-2011, 04:12 AM
Nobody has put up stats like Chris Paul did in a playoff game the way Paul did tonight since Oscar Robertson back in 1962.

The referees have helped OKC quite a lot in this series. Denver got screwed more than once (as have the Pacers as that series should be tied).

15fan
04-25-2011, 08:51 AM
Chris Paul is good. Really good.

Puffy
04-25-2011, 09:14 AM
Chris Paul is good. Really good.

He is going to look great in NY Knick blue and orange ;)

NJReds
04-25-2011, 09:17 AM
He is going to look great in NY Knick blue and orange ;)

I don't see it happening. I doubt the Knicks bring back Billups for $14M, and I don't think they want to wait another year for Paul. I don't think they have enough to trade to get him. Of course, this could all be solved if there's a one year work stoppage, but that's far fetched, too. I doubt the NBA would lose a whole season to a stoppage.

The only way it happens if they find a 1-year, low cost stopgap.

Scrap Irony
04-25-2011, 12:20 PM
There are now a ton of decent, low-cost PGs around the league.

Finding a stop-gap guy for one year won't be hard to do. The problem is selling that to the New York faithful, who are ready to win yesterday.

Unassisted
04-26-2011, 04:32 PM
I see no way that the Spurs can recover and take 3 games to win their series. They looked too old and too deflated last night. The only mystery is whether that series ends in 5 games or 6.

If there's a lockout next season, there's lots of speculation locally that their last playoff game will be Tim Duncan's last NBA game.

NJReds
04-26-2011, 04:35 PM
There are now a ton of decent, low-cost PGs around the league.

Finding a stop-gap guy for one year won't be hard to do. The problem is selling that to the New York faithful, who are ready to win yesterday.

Buzz in the papers here is that they're keeping Billups. His $14 expiring contract could draw interest in a trade. Of course, they'll have no money or tradeable parts left to upgrade the roster if they do resign him for $14. Of couse it may not matter if there is a lockout.

Razor Shines
04-26-2011, 10:11 PM
I understand why Mcroberts got tossed, but how to the refs look at the replay and not give that horses butt Noah his second tech as well?

Razor Shines
04-26-2011, 10:41 PM
One of these days someone is really going to blast Noah.....and he's probably going to deserve it.

texasdave
04-26-2011, 10:47 PM
I see no way that the Spurs can recover and take 3 games to win their series. They looked too old and too deflated last night. The only mystery is whether that series ends in 5 games or 6.

If there's a lockout next season, there's lots of speculation locally that their last playoff game will be Tim Duncan's last NBA game.

I am not counting the Spurs out quite yet but it is quite and uphill climb. Two of the final three potential games would be at home though.

texasdave
04-26-2011, 10:49 PM
I understand why Mcroberts got tossed, but how to the refs look at the replay and not give that horses butt Noah his second tech as well?

Refs' decisions never cease to amaze me. If looking at replay leads to ridiculous conclusions then more replay is not the answer.

VottoFan54
04-27-2011, 09:00 PM
It sure is nice to see my Sixers competing with the Heat, it would be cool if they brought this series back to Philly, they have a good young core in Turner, Holiday, Young, and Williams.

texasdave
04-28-2011, 12:17 AM
Time to see if those Memphis youngsters can handle a must-win situation. I don't think they go back to San Antonio and win a game seven.

NJReds
04-28-2011, 10:26 AM
Time to see if those Memphis youngsters can handle a must-win situation. I don't think they go back to San Antonio and win a game seven.

How do you let SA shoot a three-pointer. I don't understand why coaches don't have their team foul in that situation. Worst case is that you're still leading by a point and you have the ball with one second left.

NJReds
04-28-2011, 10:29 AM
I doubt the Knicks bring back Billups for $14

Wile E. Coyote ... super genius. :p

Hit that one on the nose!

So Billups is back for $14M and the Knicks are over the cap. Should I guess they'll shuffle the rest of the deck and hope they can come up with something useful.

Then again, there may not be a season and they'll have a $14M expiring contract to trade.

Puffy
04-28-2011, 11:20 AM
Wile E. Coyote ... super genius. :p

Hit that one on the nose!

So Billups is back for $14M and the Knicks are over the cap. Should I guess they'll shuffle the rest of the deck and hope they can come up with something useful.

Then again, there may not be a season and they'll have a $14M expiring contract to trade.

Well, its only a one year deal and they have contracts they can buy out to get back under the cap (Balkman, Jeffries and one other player). There's talk that Chandler wants to come back and the Knicks want him back so I could see a 4.5 mid level exception going to him and then a long term deal later. The good thing is he wants to come back and will take less to do so freeing up cap space in process.

Unassisted
04-28-2011, 12:10 PM
Time to see if those Memphis youngsters can handle a must-win situation. I don't think they go back to San Antonio and win a game seven.It looked to me like Memphis was in control through pretty much all of regulation in Game 5. Hollins got outcoached in the final minute and his team wasn't able to regain any momentum in overtime.

Still not optimistic about Game 6. Manu's not 100%. Duncan is no match for Randolph inside. Tony Parker just isn't hitting his shots in this series and worse than that, the very good Memphis defense is causing him to make turnovers. The Spurs can't seem to count on their Big Three to take control of a game with the game Memphis is bringing.

texasdave
04-28-2011, 02:27 PM
It looked to me like Memphis was in control through pretty much all of regulation in Game 5. Hollins got outcoached in the final minute and his team wasn't able to regain any momentum in overtime.

Still not optimistic about Game 6. Manu's not 100%. Duncan is no match for Randolph inside. Tony Parker just isn't hitting his shots in this series and worse than that, the very good Memphis defense is causing him to make turnovers. The Spurs can't seem to count on their Big Three to take control of a game with the game Memphis is bringing.

Can one shot turn a series around? The Spurs were eliminated for all intents and purposes. Memphis still has the upper hand but if they lose game six they lose game seven, IMO.

Kingspoint
04-28-2011, 04:28 PM
How do you let SA shoot a three-pointer. I don't understand why coaches don't have their team foul in that situation. Worst case is that you're still leading by a point and you have the ball with one second left.

Because it's a lot easier to shoot three free throws than to shoot a desperation 3-pointer.

Kingspoint
04-28-2011, 04:32 PM
Can one shot turn a series around?

See Robert Horry....several times.

Puffy
04-28-2011, 05:06 PM
Because it's a lot easier to shoot three free throws than to shoot a desperation 3-pointer.

I think he is talking about fouling before the shot so its only 2 free throws. Or a make first, intentionally miss, get rebound and get put back. Lot of things have to happen right that way....

NJReds
04-28-2011, 09:14 PM
I think he is talking about fouling before the shot so its only 2 free throws. Or a make first, intentionally miss, get rebound and get put back. Lot of things have to happen right that way....

Bingo.

Kingspoint
04-29-2011, 04:09 AM

But, that scenario didn't exist. With 1.7 seconds to work with, they were putting up a shot as soon as they touched the ball, so you can't foul them then.

KoryMac5
04-29-2011, 10:40 AM
But, that scenario didn't exist. With 1.7 seconds to work with, they were putting up a shot as soon as they touched the ball, so you can't foul them then.

I have seen that play over and over, thanks to ESPN. No way to foul a guy when your playing that loose on D.

WMR
05-01-2011, 05:53 PM
Batman and Batman :cool:

Roy Tucker
05-01-2011, 07:59 PM
I'm no Celtics fan, but the Heat sure got some home cookin' today from the refs.

Kingspoint
05-01-2011, 10:46 PM
Nice to see Memphis take out the NBA's "darlings", OKC.

Unassisted
05-02-2011, 01:13 PM
Nice to see Memphis take out the NBA's "darlings", OKC.Memphis is tough and fearless. I wouldn't mind seeing a Memphis-LA WC final.

Razor Shines
05-03-2011, 12:24 PM
Boy, the Lakers really took some poor shots to allow Dallas back in that game. I still think the Lakers win in 6.

HotCorner
05-03-2011, 01:01 PM
As a Mavs fan, I'm delighted they took Game 1. They had to split in LA to have a chance in this series. What impressed me the most was they did not cave when they got down by 16 in the 3rd especially considering how the last matchup between these two went when the Mavs completely lost their composure.

Razor Shines
05-03-2011, 01:19 PM
As a Mavs fan, I'm delighted they took Game 1. They had to split in LA to have a chance in this series. What impressed me the most was they did not cave when they got down by 16 in the 3rd especially considering how the last matchup between these two went when the Mavs completely lost their composure.

I honestly thought it was over after the way the 1st half ended. What a disaster that was.

Homer Bailey
05-03-2011, 04:41 PM
Are we allowed to talk about the 5 straight game winning shots missed by Kobe in the playoffs? In my experience, that's something we're not allowed to talk about.

reds44
05-03-2011, 06:44 PM
Are we allowed to talk about the 5 straight game winning shots missed by Kobe in the playoffs? In my experience, that's something we're not allowed to talk about.
You can talk about it all you want, he'll keep winning titles.

I think LeBron just got swatted by the uber athletic Elton Brand again.

Razor Shines
05-03-2011, 09:24 PM

You're right that if that was Lebron it would be all we would be hearing about right now. Game winning shot percentage is such a stupid stat though. It's dumb when they make a big deal out of it in Lebron's case and it would be dumb for them to do it with Kobe too.

There is a double standard though.

Boston Red
05-03-2011, 09:42 PM
If we could get rid of the Celtics and Lakers both in this round, that would be nice. I'm tired of those two.

The best teams right now may be Atlanta and Memphis. Probably not the ABC/ESPN dream Finals scenario, but I would be more likely to watch that than Lakers/Celtics.

WMR
05-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Nice game 2 from King James. Now to Boston...

BTW: Danny Ainge looks terrible. Was he out on the beach all day today or something? :laugh: I wonder how many folks thanked him for trading Perkins on his sojourn to Miami? :D

RBA
05-03-2011, 10:03 PM
I am still going with the Lakers.

Homer Bailey
05-04-2011, 10:04 AM
You're right that if that was Lebron it would be all we would be hearing about right now. Game winning shot percentage is such a stupid stat though. It's dumb when they make a big deal out of it in Lebron's case and it would be dumb for them to do it with Kobe too.

There is a double standard though.

Exactly. Since when did game winning shot % become the only way to judge a player if he was clutch? This article pretty much nails it regarding Kobe (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time).

Bryant makes crunch-time defense easy for opponents by shooting just about every time he touches the ball (over a five-year period, he mustered 56 clutch shots, to go with one assist).

Fans of his raw machismo howl that such criticism misses the point, but the point is that when Bryant gets the ball in crunch time, it's a virtual certainty that he'll shoot it, and it's better than 2-1 odds that he'll miss.

Kobe's selfishness in the last 5 minutes of games causes more close games, thus giving him way more chances at game winners than someone like LeBron who averaged 66 points per 48 minutes last year in the last 5 minutes of games within 5 points, and did it on 51% shooting. Yet he's the anti-clutch!

But the Kobe lovers will just point to the rings that cover up the facts.

Homer Bailey
05-04-2011, 10:05 AM
I am still going with the Lakers.

I am too. I got them at 3.5/1 before the playoffs. Freakin steal if you ask me.

texasdave
05-04-2011, 11:14 AM
Exactly. Since when did game winning shot % become the only way to judge a player if he was clutch? This article pretty much nails it regarding Kobe (http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/24200/the-truth-about-kobe-bryant-in-crunch-time).

Kobe's selfishness in the last 5 minutes of games causes more close games, thus giving him way more chances at game winners than someone like LeBron who averaged 66 points per 48 minutes last year in the last 5 minutes of games within 5 points, and did it on 51% shooting. Yet he's the anti-clutch!

But the Kobe lovers will just point to the rings that cover up the facts.

Here is a fact that is difficult to cover up as well. Rings are why they play the game and not clutch-situation statistics.

Homer Bailey
05-04-2011, 11:43 AM
Here is a fact that is difficult to cover up as well. Rings are why they play the game and not clutch-situation statistics.

Clearly I agree. Just don't try to tell me that Kobe is clutch was all I'm saying.

But thank you for proving my point.

RBA
05-05-2011, 12:51 AM
Lakers in big danger of going down 0-2.

Homer Bailey
05-05-2011, 01:00 AM
Lakers in big danger of going down 0-2.

Series still not even close to over. LA can win two in Dallas, no doubt.

reds44
05-05-2011, 03:55 AM
It's not over, but we're in deep doo doo.

Roy Tucker
05-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Losing the first 2 games of a series is recoverable to a veteran team. But losing the first 2 at home is a really bad idea.

I think the Lakers are in trouble. Gasol has the deer in the headlights look and the only thing Kobe does now is shoot.

Homer Bailey
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM
Bruce about to go deep here.

Wrong thread, but I'm leaving it here because it was right.

Homer Bailey
05-05-2011, 03:15 PM

THANKS THOUGH.

UGH Wrong thread.

texasdave
05-05-2011, 03:46 PM
Clearly I agree. Just don't try to tell me that Kobe is clutch was all I'm saying.

But thank you for proving my point.

I didn't prove anything for you. I despise both Kobe and the Lakers. I was just saying rings are more important than whatever clutch late-game statistics that people want to foolishly argue about.

Chip R
05-05-2011, 04:01 PM
I didn't prove anything for you. I despise both Kobe and the Lakers. I was just saying rings are more important than whatever clutch late-game statistics that people want to foolishly argue about.

I heard them talking about this on the radio the other day. They said that the FGM percentage for last second shots is about 29%. I'm not a Kobe fan but I do respect his game and I'm definitely no Lakers fan but this last second shot business is pretty weak sauce.

WMR
05-05-2011, 04:51 PM
NBA Rookie of the Year voting:
1) Griffin
2) Wall
3) DEMARCUS COUSINS

reds44
05-05-2011, 05:00 PM

Wrong thread, but I'm leaving it here because it was right.
:lol:

Unassisted
05-06-2011, 12:05 AM
Heard Colin Cowherd observe today that the playoffs seem to be tilting very much in favor of the Heat. If the Lakers and Bulls fall out of the picture, the Heat's path to a title looks much easier.

Can't imagine that fans of any other team will be happy for that to happen.

Razor Shines
05-06-2011, 12:38 AM
Heard Colin Cowherd observe today that the playoffs seem to be tilting very much in favor of the Heat. If the Lakers and Bulls fall out of the picture, the Heat's path to a title looks much easier.

Can't imagine that fans of any other team will be happy for that to happen.

I root for the Pacers and then the Spurs but with who's left I'd like to see the Heat win. I'd love a Lakers - Heat final. The Lakers better get it in gear.

davereds24
05-06-2011, 01:39 AM
Hoping for a hawks/bulls vs thunder/griz finals. Guess I also wouldn't mind seeing Cuban get a title.

BRM
05-06-2011, 12:10 PM
I root for the Pacers and then the Spurs but with who's left I'd like to see the Heat win. I'd love a Lakers - Heat final. The Lakers better get it in gear.

Pacers then Nuggets for me. Absolutely zero chance I'll root for the Heat though. At this point my preference is anyone but the Lakers in the West and anyone but the Heat in the East.

Revering4Blue
05-06-2011, 02:11 PM
[QUOTE=BRM;2372173 Absolutely zero chance I'll root for the Heat though. At this point my preference is anyone but the Lakers in the West and anyone but the Heat in the East.[/QUOTE]

+1

I'm not counting the Lakers out by any means, but they majorly failed to address their biggest weakness--lack of a real point guard--in the off-season. This may be the year it finally catches up with them. The Lakers should not have had that much trouble with a Hornets team missing David West, and shouldn't lose two consecutive home playoff games against a Mavericks team missing Caron Butler.

WMR
05-07-2011, 10:55 AM
Time to turn out the lights on the Lake Show.

Jack Burton
05-07-2011, 11:48 AM
Time to turn out the lights on the Lake Show.
:clap:

Phil Jax showing his true colors last night, basically assaulting that dodo bird looking dude.

HotCorner
05-07-2011, 09:20 PM
Go Mavs! They did a fantastic job in the fourth quarter last night of finding the open man and making those shots. Dirk was clutch! Time to close out the Lakers on Sunday. You don't want to give the defending champs any hope.

RBA
05-08-2011, 04:42 PM
I can't believe all these threes raining down.

Mavs playing great as a team. Lakers have no answers.

CTA513
05-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Anyone see Rondos injury yesterday?

:barf:

WMR
05-08-2011, 05:16 PM
good lord :eek:

KoryMac5
05-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Jason Terry having an unreal game today, 9 for 10 from 3pt range so far.

WMR
05-08-2011, 05:17 PM
Anyone see Rondos injury yesterday?

:barf:

Yeah, Rondo deserves major respect for coming back into that game and finishing it spectacularly with one arm.

I don't like the Celtics, but Rondo is the man.

WMR
05-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Wow did you see that elbow by Bynum...

NJReds
05-08-2011, 06:08 PM

He should be suspended for a month ... minimum.

Punk move by Odom, too.

Unassisted
05-08-2011, 09:23 PM
Wonder what the Lakers will do to correct the "trust issues" in the offseason?

Seems like the torch is being passed to a new generation of power teams in these playoffs.

paintmered
05-09-2011, 05:43 AM

I just caught the replay of this. Bynum deserves whatever he gets after pulling that stunt.

Oxblood
05-09-2011, 10:32 AM

Ban him from the league.

Razor Shines
05-09-2011, 10:46 AM
That shot from bynum was one of the dirtiest plays I've seen. James Harrison thanks that was too violent.

Unassisted
05-09-2011, 11:09 AM
Heard some speculation on sports talk radio this morning that the core issue troubling the Lakers is off-the-court/reality TV-centered tension between Gasol, Kobe and Odom. The sordid details in this article (http://www.tmrzoo.com/2011/24680) are said to have created a rift, causing the 3 players not to be on speaking terms for several months.

CTA513
05-11-2011, 09:37 PM
Heat beat the Celtics 97-87 tonight and win the series 4-1

BuckeyeRed27
05-12-2011, 01:12 AM
Heat beat the Celtics 97-87 tonight and win the series 4-1

Based on the celebration I believe the Heat won the game, the NBA championship, the world series, the world cup and the summer and winter olympics combined.

WMR
05-12-2011, 03:14 AM
Based on the celebration I believe the Heat won the game, the NBA championship, the world series, the world cup and the summer and winter olympics combined.

Just imagine how big the party is going to be when they actually DO win the whole thing. :party: :eek: :party:

mlh1981
05-12-2011, 08:11 AM
I really can't see any of the remaining teams beating the Heat, sad to say.

The Spurs/Lakers/Celtics collectively aged overnight, and I don't think the remaining teams have enough talent/experience.

If anyone can do it, I think Dallas can. They seem to be a team on a mission.

Roy Tucker
05-12-2011, 08:32 AM

The Spurs/Lakers/Celtics collectively aged overnight, and I don't think the remaining teams have enough talent/experience.

Yeah, I agree. They can be beat but I'd say they are the favorites now. The Bulls will give them a decent series and win a game or 2 but I don't see them beating the Heat. And like you said, the Mavs seem to be on a mission and I'd give them the best shot. OKC could do it too but Westbrooke dribbles and shoots too much and is the best defense against Durant. And I'm waiting for Memphis to wake up and come back to earth. And I'm stunned that all 3 of the Spurs/Lakers/Celtics got knocked out so convincingly.

NJReds
05-12-2011, 11:10 AM
Just imagine how big the party is going to be when they actually DO win the whole thing. :party: :eek: :party:

Can't be any bigger than the party they held to showcase LeBron, Wade and Bosh after Free Agency.

Slyder
05-12-2011, 11:45 PM

If Westbrook doesn't go Starbury on them OKC could very easily eat Miami's front court for lunch. Chicago also.

gilpdawg
05-13-2011, 07:46 AM
If Westbrook doesn't go Starbury on them OKC could very easily eat Miami's front court for lunch. Chicago also.
Westbrook already did. Dude, see that guy, Durant? He's on your team. And he's one of the best five players in the league. Give him the ball! Don't shoot 30 footers with 10 seconds left on the 24.

Slyder
05-13-2011, 12:42 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=dw-wetzel_bulls_derrick_rose_lebron_james_heat_easter n_finals051211

Derrick Rose is either the biggest idiot or has the biggest set of cajones inthe NBA.With that said Go Bulls.

Razor Shines
05-17-2011, 12:42 PM
Anybody else excited about this WC Final starting tonight. I think it's going to be a fun series.

Side note, when asked about Rick Carlisle comparing Dirk to him, Larry Bird said "Well, we're both tall."

gilpdawg
05-18-2011, 08:35 AM
That was a Bird-esque performance by the Dirkster. Dallas is rolling.

HotCorner
05-18-2011, 08:55 AM
Dirk is taking his game to another level this postseason. It's been really fun to watch.

Razor Shines
05-18-2011, 10:44 AM
One of the best playoff performances I've ever seen.

Homer Bailey
05-18-2011, 02:16 PM
I don't think it was that good. I didn't watch it, but Skip Bayless only gave it a 7 out of 10, so it must not have been that good.

(Kidding about it not being good, I did watch. Not kidding about Bayless giving it a 7 out of 10.)

Razor Shines
05-18-2011, 02:20 PM
I don't think it was that good. I didn't watch it, but Skip Bayless only gave it a 7 out of 10, so it must not have been that good.

(Kidding about it not being good, I did watch. Not kidding about Bayless giving it a 7 out of 10.)

LOL. I didn't see Bayless' reaction. Might have to look for it just hear what his reasoning could possibly be.

12-15 and 24-24 from the line. Crazy.

Homer Bailey
05-18-2011, 05:06 PM
He claimed it was only a 7 because of who was guarding him. Last week, he also scoffed at the idea that Dirk was the best Euro player ever, citing Manu Ginobli's rings. You know, Manu Ginobli, of Eastern Europe's beautiful country of Argentina.

Slyder
05-18-2011, 05:30 PM
Argentina use to be a Spanish territory... thats about the only thing European about it.

WMR
05-18-2011, 05:42 PM
How old is Bayless? He looks about 70.

reds44
05-18-2011, 06:44 PM
He claimed it was only a 7 because of who was guarding him. Last week, he also scoffed at the idea that Dirk was the best Euro player ever, citing Manu Ginobli's rings. You know, Manu Ginobli, of Eastern Europe's beautiful country of Argentina.
LOL!!!!

IslandRed
05-18-2011, 07:50 PM

:laugh:

However -- not that I defend Bayless often, but while Ginobili is not European, he did come to the NBA from playing in Europe. So a lot of people consider him part of that group.

Homer Bailey
05-18-2011, 11:57 PM
Lebron = the best. Simply, the best.

Razor Shines
05-19-2011, 12:18 AM

Yep. I wanted Heat - Lakers but Heat - Mavs would be pretty cool too.

reds44
05-19-2011, 01:19 AM
48 points
12-15 from the field
24-24 from the line
6 boards
6 assists
4 blocks

WMR
05-19-2011, 02:13 AM

Yep!

Remember when people said LeBron would be the sidekick? :laugh:

BRM
05-19-2011, 12:58 PM

Gets old watching him whine and make faces to the refs on a regular basis but that's just the nature of the NBA these days. Great performance last night though.

Razor Shines
05-19-2011, 01:15 PM
48 points
12-15 from the field
24-24 from the line
6 boards
6 assists
4 blocks

So you're saying you'd build a team around Dirk rather than Lebron? Dirk's great, but I still take Lebron. That game Dirk had the other night was ridiculous though.

Homer Bailey
05-19-2011, 02:26 PM
48 points
12-15 from the field
24-24 from the line
6 boards
6 assists
4 blocks

One game does not a player make.

And I've never ever ever ever heard you make a case that Dirk is the best player in the game. Is that your narrative now? Or just "anyone to make sure Lebron isn't the best?"

Homer Bailey
05-19-2011, 02:26 PM
Gets old watching him whine and make faces to the refs on a regular basis but that's just the nature of the NBA these days. Great performance last night though.

Must be really old watching Kobe then.

BRM
05-19-2011, 02:28 PM
Must be really old watching Kobe then.

Yep. It's just something that goes with the territory of watching the NBA, watched it for years out here with Carmelo too. I just try to ignore it as much as possible.

Puffy
05-19-2011, 05:27 PM
So you're saying you'd build a team around Dirk rather than Lebron? Dirk's great, but I still take Lebron. That game Dirk had the other night was ridiculous though.

Well, considering the age difference you'd definitely rather build around LeBron. But Dirk was and is the best player in the game for the 2010-11 season and playoffs.

When all is said and done though Dirk ends up being Top 12 to 15 player of all time. LeBron ends up Top 5. IMO of course.

Homer Bailey
05-19-2011, 10:15 PM
Well, considering the age difference you'd definitely rather build around LeBron. But Dirk was and is the best player in the game for the 2010-11 season and playoffs.

When all is said and done though Dirk ends up being Top 12 to 15 player of all time. LeBron ends up Top 5. IMO of course.

Just curious, would you have said that before game one of the western finals? I'm actually a pretty big Dirk fan, but I wouldn't say Dirk has been better than LBJ, Wade, Durant, and maybe a few others.

reds44
05-20-2011, 01:02 AM
One game does not a player make.

And I've never ever ever ever heard you make a case that Dirk is the best player in the game. Is that your narrative now? Or just "anyone to make sure Lebron isn't the best?"
This. I'm just hoping the Heat don't win it all, because then I've got nothing lol

Homer Bailey
05-20-2011, 02:01 AM
This. I'm just hoping the Heat don't win it all, because then I've got nothing lol

LOL. At least you admit it. Props, haha.

Razor Shines
05-20-2011, 12:32 PM

I don't know about that. IF you want to call their offensive games a wash, Lebron is still so much better on defense than Dirk. I love watching Dirk but I can't imagine any way that he's a better overall player than Lebron.

Hoosier Red
05-20-2011, 02:32 PM
I don't follow the league all that much, but the Mavericks lead the league in guys who I didn't know were still playing.

Jason Kidd
Jason Terry
Shawn Marion
Brian Cardinal
DeShawn Stevenson
Peja Stojakovic
Caron Butler
Brandon Haywood

They had a sequence against the Lakers where I think I had that "Oh he's still playing" as all 5 guys on the floor touched the ball.

Revering4Blue
05-23-2011, 05:24 PM
I'll bet Kingspoint is happy about this.

KoryMac5
05-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Mavs were totally outplayed tonight by OKC yet somehow weathered the storm and pulled out a big win. Going back to Big D to try and finish off the Thunder. Dirk came up big again scoring 40 for the Mavs.

CTA513
05-24-2011, 12:22 AM
Mavs were totally outplayed tonight by OKC yet somehow weathered the storm and pulled out a big win. Going back to Big D to try and finish off the Thunder. Dirk came up big again scoring 40 for the Mavs.

Pretty bad loss since they had like a 12 point lead and then hit a 3 pointer with about 5 or 6 minutes in the 4th when I turned the game on.

Razor Shines
05-24-2011, 12:38 AM
Pretty bad loss since they had like a 12 point lead and then hit a 3 pointer with about 5 or 6 minutes in the 4th when I turned the game on.

That's when I turned it off. I can't believe it.

Roy Tucker
05-24-2011, 08:58 AM
OKC started celebrating a little too early. Dirk was huge. When the game went to OT, I knew the Thunder was doomed.

HotCorner
05-24-2011, 03:04 PM
When the game went to OT, the Thunder players all looked defeated. They stood no chance.

CTA513
05-24-2011, 11:36 PM
Heat beat the Bulls in OT 101-93

Homer Bailey
05-25-2011, 12:09 AM
Derrick Rose may be the worst MVP in NBA history.

Homer Bailey
05-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Oh, and I'm accepting any arguments on anyone that tries to debate any of the following issues with me:

1. It's Lebron's team
2. Lebron is currently the best player in the NBA
3. Derrick Rose deserved to be the MVP

reds44
05-25-2011, 01:33 AM
This.

reds44
05-25-2011, 01:34 AM
Oh, and I'm accepting any arguments on anyone that tries to debate any of the following issues with me:

1. It's Lebron's team
It's impossible to, but I still hope they lose to the Mavs so I can point and laugh and call him a choker.

NJReds
05-25-2011, 09:18 AM
It's impossible to, but I still hope they lose to the Mavs so I can point and laugh and call him a choker.

It's not so much LeBron why I want the Heat to lose. He really mishandled his free agency, no doubt. I think even he would admit that.

I really hate seeing anything good happen for those bandwagon Miami fans. Probably the worst sports fans in any sport and city.

Chip R
05-25-2011, 09:22 AM

It would be nice for him if he had someone else on the Bulls who could share the load like LeBron and Dirk do. It's awfully difficult to win in the NBA if you are a one man team. That's why LeBron went to MIA.

Unassisted
05-25-2011, 10:27 AM
I'll bet Kingspoint is happy about this.

General Manager Rich Cho, who took over the job in Portland last year, is no longer with the organization.

Source: Blazers on TwitterRead in the local paper today that Spurs' Assistant GM Danny Ferry is rumored to be on the short list for that job.

NJReds
05-25-2011, 02:08 PM
Read in the local paper today that Spurs' Assistant GM Danny Ferry is rumored to be on the short list for that job.

Wasn't Ferry the Cavs GM at one time?

Chip R
05-25-2011, 02:18 PM

As recently as last year, IIRC.

WMR
05-25-2011, 02:40 PM

Great job amassing talent there. :eek:

As a long-time LeBron fan and member of the Heat Bandwagon since the ink dried on the contracts of the "Big Three," these playoffs have been a lot of fun to watch.

A possible Finals match-up with Dallas is intriguing.

WMR
05-25-2011, 02:43 PM

1. It's Lebron's team

LeBron may be the most versatile player in the history of the NBA...

Guard PG NBA MVP D. Rose? - Yep
Mid-range out to 3 with devastating ability/accuracy- yep
Guard a power forward? No Problem.
Play PG?
Play Wing?
Best passer on the floor...
Best rebounder pound for pound?

He can score 30 or get 10 assists (and still score 20 lol).

Chip R
05-25-2011, 02:55 PM

Play PG?
Play Wing?

You and Lebron want to get a room together or something? ;)

WMR
05-25-2011, 03:30 PM
You and Lebron want to get a room together or something? ;)

I bet his accountant is smiling right now. :D

I wonder how many millions a championship means for LBJ Corp.

Newport Red
05-25-2011, 05:15 PM

Play PG?
Play Wing?

Earvin Johnson may disagree.

Razor Shines
05-25-2011, 05:29 PM
Great job amassing talent there. :eek:

As a long-time LeBron fan and member of the Heat Bandwagon since the ink dried on the contracts of the "Big Three," these playoffs have been a lot of fun to watch.

A possible Finals match-up with Dallas is intriguing.

I'm pretty much the same. The teams I root for both went out in the first round and ever since then I've wanted Miami to get the title. I still think it's funny that Lebron was gonna be "Robin".

Puffy
05-25-2011, 05:33 PM
Earvin Johnson may disagree.

So might Michael Jordan........

NJReds
05-25-2011, 09:29 PM
So might Michael Jordan........

When you're being compared to Michael and Magic, you're doing okay.

Chip R
05-25-2011, 10:36 PM
When you're being compared to Michael and Magic, you're doing okay.

It's kind of like saying who has the best body between Scarlett Johannson, Jessica Alba and Brooklyn Decker.

CTA513
05-25-2011, 11:32 PM
It's kind of like saying who has the best body between Scarlett Johannson, Jessica Alba and Brooklyn Decker.

I think should model for us so we can give them an honest answer.

KoryMac5
05-26-2011, 11:12 AM
The Dallas Mavs, every talking heads pick for a first round upset are headed back to the finals after a very entertaining series against OKC. The Mavs will stand a chance if the Bulls win tonight. Some teams don't want much rest before the next series, but with Dallas being older they need a few extra days to get fresh.

I am looking forward to a Dallas/Miami series and I think the press will try and frame it as team basketball (Dallas) versus individual superstars (Miami). That's when and if Miami gets past the Bulls.

Unassisted
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Lakers hire Mike Brown to replace Phil. The Popovich-protege mafia invades another outpost. ;)

http://lakersblog.latimes.com/lakersblog/2011/05/mike-brown-post.html

CTA513
05-26-2011, 11:12 PM
I've only seen about the last 5 minutes of this game and boy has Rose really sucked during this time.

CTA513
05-26-2011, 11:14 PM
Now the Bulls waste nearly 10 seconds trying to chase James around while trying to foul him.

CTA513
05-26-2011, 11:15 PM
Bosh hits both free throws to make it 83-80 and James blocks Rose 3 point shot to end the game.

VR
05-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Never recall so many late game chokes as we've seen this year. A stunning amount of double digit leads given away in the final moments. Amazing.

Homer Bailey
05-26-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm four games away from everything I ever said about LeBron being right.

My money is on Dallas though.

reds44
05-26-2011, 11:33 PM
Derrick Rose is hands down the worst MVP in NBA history.

I can't imagine it being very close, either.

texasdave
05-31-2011, 06:15 PM
Incidentally, the NBA Finals start tonight. Heart wants the Mavs, head says the Heat. Come on, Heart.

Mutaman
05-31-2011, 06:41 PM
Last time the Heat played the Mavs in the finals, whenever Nowitski drove, the Heat knocked him on his butt. Pretty soon he stopped driving. Whenever Wade drove and Dallas knocked him on his butt, he got up, laughed, and kept driving. LaBron gets a lot of headlines and granted, does a lot of the dirty work, but Wade is the guy who knows how to win. Heat in 5.

Mutaman
05-31-2011, 07:05 PM

1. It's Lebron's team

Just noticed this. Its hard to knock the media's darling but:

1. Wade already has a ring (and carried his team on his back to get it), LaBron doesn't.

2. In judging the worth of a ballplayer you have to look at both ends of the court- nobody plays defense like Wade.

3. Wade can submerge his ego. I'm not sure LaBron can.

Homer Bailey
05-31-2011, 10:36 PM
Just noticed this. Its hard to knock the media's darling but:

1. Wade already has a ring (and carried his team on his back to get it), LaBron doesn't.

2. In judging the worth of a ballplayer you have to look at both ends of the court- nobody plays defense like Wade.

3. Wade can submerge his ego. I'm not sure LaBron can.

The only thing more laughable than these points is your spelling of the best player in the game.

Mutaman
05-31-2011, 11:51 PM
The only thing more laughable than these points is your spelling of the best player in the game.

How many rings does that best player have?

Mutaman
05-31-2011, 11:59 PM
2. In judging the worth of a ballplayer you have to look at both ends of the court- nobody plays defense like Wade. .

Exhibit 1: Jason Terry's a nice ballplayer but Wade just shut him down tonight.

Homer Bailey
06-01-2011, 12:01 PM

Ah this argument. The laziest possible basketball analysis. Doesn't dignify a response, but I'll just ask how anyone is expected to win a title when the 2nd best player you play with over a 7 year period is a few months with Antawn Jamison. No player in the history of the NBA would have won a title with that Cleveland team. His first year with respectable teammates? Knocking down the door of an NBA championship. Surprise, surprise.

Homer Bailey
06-01-2011, 12:01 PM

Yep, you nailed this one.

Wade shutting down Terry > LeBron shutting down Rose.

Mutaman
06-01-2011, 01:06 PM
Ah this argument. The laziest possible basketball analysis. Doesn't dignify a response, but I'll just ask how anyone is expected to win a title when the 2nd best player you play with over a 7 year period is a few months with Antawn Jamison. No player in the history of the NBA would have won a title with that Cleveland team. His first year with respectable teammates? Knocking down the door of an NBA championship. Surprise, surprise.

"The laziest possible basketball analysis."

I guess thats how you all refer to "a fact" these days. Antoine Walker, The Glove, and Kid Chocolate were real Hall of Famers. James should have just done what Wade did, stfu, put the team on his back and win the championship.

See the last couple of minutes last night- James' grandstanding dunks notwithstanding, who simply took the game over? James is a freak of nature,Wade is a little bigger than the average person. Who had the most rebounds last night?

James went to Miami to learn how to win and Wade is proving to be a good teacher.

NJReds
06-01-2011, 01:13 PM

Actually, LeBron covered Terry in the second half. I can't stand the Heat, but LeBron has taken his game to another level during the playoff run. Especially on defense.

Homer Bailey
06-01-2011, 01:35 PM
"The laziest possible basketball analysis."

I've had this conversation so many times over the past decade that I hate to revisit it, but I will briefly.

Yes, it is horribly lazy analysis when discussing a PLAYER's ability to cite a TEAM accomplishment like winning a championship.

I guess thats how you all refer to "a fact" these days. Antoine Walker, The Glove, and Kid Chocolate were real Hall of Famers. James should have just done what Wade did, stfu, put the team on his back and win the championship.

I honestly have zero response to this, because I literally have no idea what you're trying to say. If you're inferring that Wade's supporting cast in '06 was comparable to any of the supporting casts LBJ had in Cleveland, then I will no longer engage in this conversation with you. Convenient that you left out the most dominant center of this era, Shaquille O'Neal from that team.

See the last couple of minutes last night- James' grandstanding dunks notwithstanding, who simply took the game over? James is a freak of nature,Wade is a little bigger than the average person. Who had the most rebounds last night?

And let's see if I understand your point. When evaluating who "took over the game last night", you want to simply just remove Lebron's baskets from the equation? Solid stance you are taking there. Nevermind that it was also Lebron who carried the Heat through the first 3 quarters while Wade was doing God knows what.

And the notion that your case is proven using a single QUARTER of basketball provides evidence that your conclusion is correct, is comical at best.

James went to Miami to learn how to win and Wade is proving to be a good teacher.

Wow. So for this argument, I guess we'll have to throw out 07-08 (you know, where the Heat had the WORST RECORD IN THE NBA), 08-09 (you know, where the Heat were bounced from the first round), and 09-10 (you know, where the Heat were AGAIN bounced in the first round). I guess Wade should have just shut up and won the championship?

Eric_the_Red
06-01-2011, 01:55 PM
Haters gonna hate.

WMR
06-01-2011, 03:13 PM
I'm amazed you even took the time to address that ridiculousness, HB. :lol:

cincy jacket
06-01-2011, 05:19 PM

Jordan didn't win his first title he was 28 in his 7th NBA season.

James is about to win his first at age 26 in his 8th NBA season.

I think it's still a little early in his career to be judging LeBron because he doesn't have any titles.

Mutaman
06-01-2011, 05:45 PM
Convenient that you left out the most dominant center of this era, Shaquille O'Neal from that team.

Shaq was far from the most dominant center in 2006. With all due respect to James Posey and Udonis Haslim, it could be argued that, except for Wade, the 2006 Heat were the worst team to ever win the NBA championship. It could also be argued that they were no better than the Cleveland teams James played on. Miami was 10-1 to win the NBA championship in 2006 (I should know because I had them ). It could also be argued that if Wade hadn't gotten hurt in game 6 the year before, up 3 games to 2 against Detroit, he would have had two rings.

In 2009 Cleveland was favored to beat Orlando in the playoffs but was upset. (The series where Laron left the court without shaking hands). I believed they were also favored the next year when they were bounced by the Celtics. (when he was booed in Cleveland following his dismal final game performance).

James is a beast, a freak of nature. But he's Dave Winfield- Mr. May. Wade is George Brett- he raises his game when the money is on the line.

Mutaman
06-01-2011, 05:52 PM
Jordan didn't win his first title he was 28 in his 7th NBA season.

James is about to win his first at age 26 in his 8th NBA season.

I think it's still a little early in his career to be judging LeBron because he doesn't have any titles.

I'm only judging him in response to the invitation extended in post #172 to argue that "this is Lebron's team".

Mutaman
06-01-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm amazed you even took the time to address that ridiculousness, HB. :lol:

Very pursuasive argument. I'm just responding to the invitation extended in post #172. So you're saying it's "rediculous" to argue against the statement that "This is Lebron's team".

WMR
06-01-2011, 06:13 PM
Very pursuasive argument. I'm just responding to the invitation extended in post #172. So you're saying it's "rediculous" (sic) to argue against the statement that "This is Lebron's team".

It seemed to me you're implying a whole lot more than just who gets the moniker of it being "My Team." (Which I think both men would agree is a pretty silly debate anyway... they're obviously co-existing just fine.)

You have continuously asserted, as best I can ascertain, that D. Wade is an overall superior player to LeBron James? If you are willing to acknowledge that LeBron is the greater overall player, we've got no argument.

Yes, to claim Wade is a greater basketball player than LBJ is utterly ridiculous. And I'm actually a pretty big D. Wade fan. I'm a fan of the entire Heat, not just one player.

Mutaman
06-01-2011, 08:54 PM
It seemed to me you're implying a whole lot more than just who gets the moniker of it being "My Team." (Which I think both men would agree is a pretty silly debate anyway... they're obviously co-existing just fine.)

You have continuously asserted, as best I can ascertain, that D. Wade is an overall superior player to LeBron James? If you are willing to acknowledge that LeBron is the greater overall player, we've got no argument.

Yes, to claim Wade is a greater basketball player than LBJ is utterly ridiculous. And I'm actually a pretty big D. Wade fan. I'm a fan of the entire Heat, not just one player.

It may be a silly debate, but I didn't define the debate. I'll go along with this guy:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303745304576359733420158832.html

PS: Keep pointing out those internet typos. Reminds me of the nun who taught creative writing back in the 7th grade.

Todd Gack
06-01-2011, 09:33 PM
Shaq was far from the most dominant center in 2006. With all due respect to James Posey and Udonis Haslim, it could be argued that, except for Wade, the 2006 Heat were the worst team to ever win the NBA championship. It could also be argued that they were no better than the Cleveland teams James played on. Miami was 10-1 to win the NBA championship in 2006 (I should know because I had them ). It could also be argued that if Wade hadn't gotten hurt in game 6 the year before, up 3 games to 2 against Detroit, he would have had two rings.

In 2009 Cleveland was favored to beat Orlando in the playoffs but was upset. (The series where Laron left the court without shaking hands). I believed they were also favored the next year when they were bounced by the Celtics. (when he was booed in Cleveland following his dismal final game performance).

James is a beast, a freak of nature. But he's Dave Winfield- Mr. May. Wade is George Brett- he raises his game when the money is on the line.

Agree with everything in your post except the last paragraph. While I believe it has always been 'Wade's Team,' Lebron has basically taken that from him this postseason so far. With that said, Lebron has always been a beast in the postseason. But it's almost impossible to win an NBA championship with Anderson Varejao, Ilgauskas, and Mo Williams as part of your starting 5. I'm not sure Jordan could've ever done that.

WMR
06-01-2011, 09:50 PM
It may be a silly debate, but I didn't define the debate. I'll go along with this guy:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052702303745304576359733420158832.html

PS: Keep pointing out those internet typos. Reminds me of the nun who taught creative writing back in the 7th grade.

Wonder if we could track down one of those nuns and have her teach you how to spell 'LeBron'? :D

Wade is a heck of a player. A great player, one of the tops in the NBA. But he's not LeBron. BTW: I don't know what playoffs you've been watching, but LBJ has been carrying the Heat in these playoffs for awhile now.

improbus
06-01-2011, 10:10 PM
I'm not sure what more LeBron has to do to get some respect. Let's look at his postseason resume so far this season
-Led the Heat in scoring, rebounds, assists, steals, minutes, free throw attempts, has dropped his turnovers from the regular season by almost 1 a game, and has raised his 3P%.
-Completely neutralized Derrick Rose

Pretty strong. If the worst thing he did was put on a dumb TV show that made $2 million for a charity and then get the local fans excited with a glorified pep rally, then I feel pretty good about him. The hypocrisy in the Heat-haters is astounding.

reds44
06-01-2011, 10:22 PM
He said nobody plays defense like Wade! LOL

Mutaman
06-01-2011, 11:46 PM
He said nobody plays defense like Wade! LOL

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/382105-dwyane-wade-is-the-real-defensive-player-of-the-year

http://bayarea.sbnation.com/2011/5/10/2163438/dwyane-d-wade-defense-ray-allen-boston-celtics-miami-heat-nba-playoffs

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/05/27/2237646/miami-heats-dwyane-wade-gets-defensive.html

http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/miamiheat/post/_/id/7804/dwyane-wades-unheralded-game-2-defense

http://forums.realgm.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=1100239&start=0

Homer Bailey
06-02-2011, 12:00 AM
Dude quoted Bleacher Report. Game over! Haha!!!!

When you see some of the biggest LBJ haters going against you, its a sign....

http://www.congostory.org/sites/default/files/give%20up.jpg

Mutaman
06-02-2011, 01:29 AM
Dude quoted Bleacher Report. Game over! Haha!!!!

When you see some of the biggest LBJ haters going against you, its a sign....

http://www.congostory.org/sites/default/files/give%20up.jpg

Just one request-Please don't refer to me as "dude". I can handle the "lol", "utterly rediculous", being called a "hater" and whatever else passes for sharp internet comebacks in rural Ohio, but "dude" I simply can't abide.

Mutaman
06-02-2011, 01:59 AM

I just noticed where you're from. I would suspect you're a bit biased against Dwyane. I've yet to meet anyone from Kentucky who ever got over March, 2003. I'd like to see the day when LaBron what's his name got a friggin triple double in the elite 8 against the Gods of college basketball from the blugrass state.

YouTube - ‪Marquette Dwyane Wade dunk vs Kentucky, 2003‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlymqXcruCU)

reds44
06-02-2011, 02:11 AM
It all makes sense now. You're a D. Wade fan from way back. You're wrong, but at least it makes sense now.

Btw, in the playoffs LeBron is averaging more points, rebounds, assists, steals, blocks, is turning the ball over less, is shooting a better percentage from the field and from 3 than Wade in the playoffs.

Now, to be fair, in the regular season LeBron only averaged more points, rebounds, assists, and steals while shooting better from the field and from 3 than Wade. So that gives Wade blocks.

So what exactly does Wade do better than LeBron? And don't say defense, if he was better on that end of the floor he would have been guarding Rose, not LeBron.

LeBron is a freak. The most talented player in NBA history, and Homer will tell you I hate him like no other.

reds44
06-02-2011, 02:13 AM
And don't get me wrong, rings matter. I'll take Kobe the player in his prime over LeBron the player in his prime, and a large reason for that is his rings. Jordan vs LeBron? LeBron has to get 6 before that become a question.

But LeBron or Wade? C'mon.

reds44
06-02-2011, 02:19 AM
I just noticed where you're from. I would suspect you're a bit biased against Dwyane. I've yet to meet anyone from Kentucky who ever got over March, 2003. I'd like to see the day when LaBron what's his name got a friggin triple double in the elate 8 against the Gods of college basketball from the blugrass state.

YouTube - ‪Marquette Dwyane Wade dunk vs Kentucky, 2003‬‏ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OlymqXcruCU)

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/2003/ncaa_tourney/news/2003/04/05/kansas_marquette_ap/

Dude...how we lookin?

Mutaman
06-02-2011, 02:30 AM
[url]Dude...how we lookin?

Crean wasn't ready for prime time. Give Buzz Williams that 2003 team and they would have gone all the way. Still, that thrashing of Kentucky is still a very sweet memory.

reds44
06-02-2011, 03:13 AM
Crean wasn't ready for prime time. Give Buzz Williams that 2003 team and they would have gone all the way. Still, that thrashing of Kentucky is still a very sweet memory.
Buzz Williams makes a 34 point difference? Put that dude in the Hall of Fame.

WMR
06-02-2011, 01:16 PM
I just noticed where you're from. I would suspect you're a bit biased against Dwyane. I've yet to meet anyone from Kentucky who ever got over March, 2003. I'd like to see the day when LaBron what's his name got a friggin triple double in the elite 8 against the Gods of college basketball from the blugrass state.

Where are those nuns at again? I think they would smack you with a ruler and tell you to re-read my post where I clearly give large props to D. Wade.

That 2003 loss to Marquette is actually one of the less painful tournament losses for my Cats. Perhaps you don't remember, but Keith Bogans severely sprained his ankle and was unavailable for that game. That, along with Wade being an amazing player, was more than enough for Marquette. That loss doesn't even rank in the top 15 for UK in all-time heartbreak. :D

There are plenty of players I dislike plenty for what they did versus UK... Still hate Miles Simon for instance. :lol:

But D. Wade? No. I like Wade a bunch. BUT, he's still not on LeBron's level.

In other words, your argument, yet again, is invalid.

(BTW: When every single person in a thread tells you you're wrong, you might want to re-examine your position. ;))

WMR
06-02-2011, 01:22 PM
Buzz Williams makes a 34 point difference? Put that dude in the Hall of Fame.

Are you kidding, have you seen Buzz shoot the 3? He would have easily been the difference maker in that spanking the Golden Eagles received at the hands of the Jayhawks.

NJReds
06-02-2011, 01:42 PM
Pretty strong. If the worst thing he did was put on a dumb TV show that made $2 million for a charity and then get the local fans excited with a glorified pep rally, then I feel pretty good about him. The hypocrisy in the Heat-haters is astounding.

Why are Heat-haters being hypcritical? I always disliked the Heat going back to the old Heat-Knick rivalries. Then this offseason nonsense. Especially for a fanbase that all but abandons the team unless they're 10 game over .500 or better. Now everyone is a Heat fan ... okay great.

But even though I want them to fail in the finals (they probably won't), I also respect that LeBron is the best in the game and Wade is right up there with him. But I'm not waiving the pom-poms for them.

I also hated the Jordan Bulls, but I still respected him as the best player.

Are you saying it's also hypcritical for Reds fans to despise Pujols and the Cardinals?

IslandRed
06-02-2011, 02:46 PM
On the whole "rings" thing... I'll grant that there's a higher correlation between greatness and championships in basketball than in other sports. But it's still a team sport, and I'm old enough to remember when people evaluated greatness based on how great the player actually was, without filtering it through how good his teammates were. I miss that.

Mutaman
06-02-2011, 02:52 PM
(BTW: When every single person in a thread tells you you're wrong, you might want to re-examine your position. ;))

Are you kidding? This is the price I pay for being a Reds fan and not paying allegiance to the other dopey teams that play in Ohio. Where is LaBron from? Where did he play up until this year? Typical Ohio bias. Also, LaBron has always been the media's darling and a lot of people just blindly follows what the media tells them to do- see presidential election 2000.

These responses are milk and cookies compared to what happens when I wander over to the OSU thread. (How's Mr. Sweater-Vest working out for you guys? ) Or check out the responses I received when I made a few innocent comments re Marquette's smacking of Xavier. The Bengals and Browns- not even worth posting about (The Pack is back!).

I forgot- here's something else on Dwyane's resume that Labron will never accomplish:

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/wade_soy_061204.html

Mutaman
06-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Perhaps you don't remember, but Keith Bogans severely sprained his ankle and was unavailable for that game. ;))

Very similiar to what I hear whenever I run into old Tarheel fans and they start making excuses about Phil Ford and the 1977 championship game. Anyhow I recall Bogan playing - little Travis Diener ate his lunch.

WMR
06-02-2011, 03:37 PM
Very similiar to what I hear whenever I run into old Tarheel fans and they start making excuses about Phil Ford and the 1977 championship game. Anyhow I recall Bogan playing - little Travis Diener ate his lunch.

Never met such a boisterous Marquette fan before... :lol:

1977 was a long time ago... I hope you're not too old to remember it clearly or too young to remember it at all. ;)

WMR
06-02-2011, 03:39 PM
Are you kidding? This is the price I pay for being a Reds fan and not paying allegiance to the other dopey teams that play in Ohio. Where is LaBron from? Where did he play up until this year? Typical Ohio bias. Also, LaBron has always been the media's darling and a lot of people just blindly follows what the media tells them to do- see presidential election 2000.

These responses are milk and cookies compared to what happens when I wander over to the OSU thread. (How's Mr. Sweater-Vest working out for you guys? ) Or check out the responses I received when I made a few innocent comments re Marquette's smacking of Xavier. The Bengals and Browns- not even worth posting about (The Pack is back!).

I forgot- here's something else on Dwyane's resume that Labron will never accomplish:

http://www.nba.com/heat/news/wade_soy_061204.html

You've got some issues, dude. :eek:

reds44
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
Are you kidding? This is the price I pay for being a Reds fan and not paying allegiance to the other dopey teams that play in Ohio. Where is LaBron from? Where did he play up until this year? Typical Ohio bias.

HAHAHAHAHAHA so you're saying there is pro-LeBron bias in Ohio now?

Sir, what the hell have you been smoking?

WMR
06-02-2011, 03:51 PM
HAHAHAHAHAHA so you're saying there is pro-LeBron bias in Ohio now?

Sir, what the hell have you been smoking?

Can I get it passed this way please? :pimp:

Maybe some good stuff left over from that Marquette championship party in 1977.... :D

Mutaman
06-02-2011, 04:25 PM
Never met such a boisterous Marquette fan before... :lol:

1977 was a long time ago... I hope you're not too old to remember it clearly or too young to remember it at all. ;)

I smell ageism.

improbus
06-02-2011, 09:58 PM
So, if you had to choose one player to start your franchise, would you choose Wade or LeBron? I don't think you hesitate for even a second. I love Wade, but he is shorter, older, more injury prone, and his teams averaged 43 wins per season (to LeBron's 50). If you switch LeBron with Wade on the 2006 Heat, do things go differently? I don't think so. Could Wade have led those Cavs teams to 50 wins a season? I would doubt it.

reds44
06-02-2011, 10:01 PM
LeBron is number one by light years. Number two is a toss up with Rose and Howard, I'd go with Rose.

To be fair to D. Wade though, he led a Heat team that was literally just trying to get ready for the offseason last season and had a pretty decent season.

EDIT: I seem to have forgotten Kevin Durant. He might be #2.

dabvu2498
06-02-2011, 10:10 PM
That 2003 loss to Marquette is actually one of the less painful tournament losses for my Cats. Perhaps you don't remember, but Keith Bogans severely sprained his ankle and was unavailable for that game.

Bogans played 24 minutes and scored 15 in that game. I remember him not being 100%, but he was certainly "available."

Just sayin.

http://www.bigbluehistory.net/bb/Statistics/Games/20030329Marquette.html

improbus
06-02-2011, 10:18 PM
Bogans played 24 minutes and scored 15 in that game. I remember him not being 100%, but he was certainly "available."

Just sayin.

The UAB loss was way worse. But, knowing that Wade was one of the 5 best basketball players on earth has lessened the pain.

CTA513
06-02-2011, 11:41 PM
Heat are choking pretty big in the 4th

CTA513
06-02-2011, 11:46 PM
Heat choke and lose 95-93

WMR
06-02-2011, 11:48 PM
Wow, what poor end-game execution by the Heat... let's hope LBJ and D. Wade rebound in game 3 because this loss is a big punch in the gut.

They even had a foul to give at the end...

WMR
06-02-2011, 11:49 PM

Just sayin.

Good catch.

I have nothing but respect for D. Wade. I really like his game, even though he beat my Cats.

I need to go back and watch that game, because I remember Bogans looking just awful. Amazed he scored 15.

Mutaman
06-03-2011, 12:00 AM
You can't win (or even hold a big lead) playing one on one basketball. Bibby had such a good first half, how come he was never put back in the game?

reds44
06-03-2011, 01:55 AM
The ole LeBron choke job. It's about time.