PDA

View Full Version : Arthur Rhodes

NeilHamburger
04-14-2011, 06:53 PM
I know it's easy to look back now and say what should've been done. But, let's play a little guessing game. Guess the Reds record right now if they had signed Rhodes.

My guess is 11-1. I really think they would've won that last home game against Houston, the last game against Arizona and the last game against San Diego.

jfleur87
04-14-2011, 07:42 PM
Woulda, coulda, shoulda...but maybe. I'll take an 8-4 start.

bshall2105
04-14-2011, 07:53 PM
I'm going to go 12-0. Just his presence in the bullpen would have made Travis Wood pitch better in the 13-2 game.

Kingspoint
04-14-2011, 08:03 PM
If we continue the trend that we're on (.667 ball), we'll win the Division by 20 games and tie the 1976 REDS for the best record ever by a Cincinnati REDS' team.

Krawhitham
04-14-2011, 08:11 PM
He signed a 2 year 8 million dollar contract

and he is 41 years old

VottoFan54
04-14-2011, 08:42 PM
If we would have signed Rhodes then Chapman would probably be starting right now in Louisville and therefore Rhodes would be pitching in the same situations Chapman has been in and we would still have to rely on Masset for some sort of decent relief pitching.

Reds
04-15-2011, 12:53 AM
Arthur is one of the few players in league that's overpaid and underrated.

bleedsred
04-15-2011, 01:31 AM
Massett will be fine............

DaytonFlyer
04-15-2011, 08:52 AM
If we would have signed Rhodes then Chapman would probably be starting right now in Louisville and therefore Rhodes would be pitching in the same situations Chapman has been in and we would still have to rely on Masset for some sort of decent relief pitching.

Chapman would not be in the minors this year. They are paying him too much to sit in Louisville.

bounty37h
04-15-2011, 10:23 AM
Arthur is one of the few players in league that's overpaid and underrated.

:beerme: Good post, I agree. Would have LOVED to have had him back this year, but he wanted too much money, esp for 41 year old pitcher with a bad foot. He gave his all last year on that bad foot every time out and I respect the heck out of him for what he did, and wish him the best, but that was a risk the Reds couldnt pay that much for.

brm7675
04-15-2011, 11:10 AM
Chapman would not be in the minors this year. They are paying him too much to sit in Louisville.

He would not be "sitting" in louisville, he would and should be down there learning how to be a pitcher. What we have right now is a kid who is a thrower and sorry in the major leagues "throwers" are usually not very good for very long. He has the abiity to be a very good pitcher, but that is being wasted right now out in the Reds BP.

As for Rhodes, great guy, great competitor but to old to get the monies he got.

Vottomatic
04-16-2011, 11:57 AM
Probably the only mistake management has made since Castellini took over is not resigning Rhodes.

They trade for Rolen for his winning presence. Same should have been thought about Rhodes.

mlh1981
04-16-2011, 06:30 PM
I'd rather remember Arthur Rhodes for what he did, and leaving the team on a relatively high note because sooner or later, he will decline and be a problem for somebody else.

He's been one of my favorite players in recent years. The guy has seen it all, and nothing rattled him.

davereds24
04-16-2011, 06:34 PM
Probably the only mistake management has made since Castellini took over is not resigning Rhodes.

They trade for Rolen for his winning presence. Same should have been thought about Rhodes.

there's a big difference in paying a guy $4mil to throw 50 innings and paying Rolen $8mil to play 120 games. Maybe if they weren't strapped with the Cordero contract they could have brought him back.

Redlegs20
04-17-2011, 09:41 AM
Rhodes is gone, get over it. The Reds must develop the younger players that they have in order to win for many years to come. I think Rhodes had a career year and was fragile last year and your cannot build on that.