PDA

View Full Version : Jordan Palmer

Sea Ray
04-19-2011, 06:59 PM
I find it interesting that Jordan is preparing to be the Bengals starting QB this year. Apparently whatever pissed off his brother is of no concern to him. Given what the Bengals have, I say "why not"? I'm glad to see him go for it. If he leads the Bengals to a .500 record it'd be the story of the year. Regardless of how this works out, I'm glad to see him take charge and go for it.

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2011-04-19/jordan-palmer-preparing-to-replace-brother-as-bengals-starting-qb

WMR
04-19-2011, 07:07 PM
The journey to the #1 pick begins with a single snap.

joshnky
04-19-2011, 07:49 PM
Apparently whatever pissed off his brother is of no concern to him.

The fact that his leaving the team will give his brother a shot probably makes it even more certain Carson won't return. Not only does he get out of Cincy but his leaving gives his brother a very good chance to be a starting QB in the NFL.

TeamSelig
04-19-2011, 09:15 PM
Only if we go full out for Andrew Luck, would I accept this.

Newport Red
04-20-2011, 10:31 AM
Only if we go full out for Andrew Luck, would I accept this.

And pray that Andrew Luck doesn't pull an Eli Manning

bucksfan2
04-20-2011, 12:10 PM
And pray that Andrew Luck doesn't pull an Eli Manning

I would imagine that Luck doesn't feel the same sense of entitlement that Eli did because of his last name. Heck if it were to play out again I would be happy with the situation that San Diego found themselves in Rivers >>>> Eli.

Slyder
04-20-2011, 01:03 PM
I would imagine that Luck doesn't feel the same sense of entitlement that Eli did because of his last name. Heck if it were to play out again I would be happy with the situation that San Diego found themselves in Rivers >>>> Eli.

Eli has a ring, AJ Smith has sabotaged San Diego almost to the point of obscurity. Just saying ;)

TeamSelig
04-20-2011, 01:43 PM
I wasn't really sure about the Eli/Chargers situation so I looked it up and found this on it......

Ryan Leaf and Peyton Manning came out of college together and, as the two hot QB prospects that year, compared notes from time to time about their experiences. After they were drafted, Manning told Leaf about how well the Colts organization treated him. They basically bent over backward to make his transition to the NFL as smooth as possible, taking care of all the non-football stuff so Peyton could concentrate on immersing himself into the Colts offense. Manning was stunned to hear that Leaf's experience was completely different. Our golfing partner said that Leaf was basically left to figure it out for himself. If that's true, you combine it with the legendary stories about what an immature jerk Leaf is and begin understand why he crashed so quickly. Again, this is coming from a family friend. Who knows what the Chargers did or did not do for their rookie QB, or whether their management team was equipped to deal with such a high-maintenance player. Regardless of who was at fault for the failed Leaf-Chargers marriage, the allegedly shabby treatment of Leaf stuck with the Manning clan. And, our new golf buddy explained, that's why Archie Manning, the patriarch, threw such a fit on draft day when Eli was picked by San Diego.

Hard to blame him IMO.

WVRed
04-20-2011, 01:45 PM

Luck also has a dad similar to Archie Manning who was a NFL QB that would probably try to steer Andrew clear of the Bengals.

(Oliver Luck, WVU's Athletic Director, for those who don't know)

bucksfan2
04-20-2011, 02:51 PM
Eli has a ring, AJ Smith has sabotaged San Diego almost to the point of obscurity. Just saying ;)

Sure Eli has a ring but Rivers is a much better QB. It takes a team to win the SB, not just a QB.

remdog
04-20-2011, 04:15 PM
Sure Eli has a ring but Rivers is a much better QB. It takes a team to win the SB, not just a QB.

Agreed. Rivers seemed to deal with the Chargers' handleing of him just fine.

Rem

Sea Ray
04-20-2011, 04:19 PM
Just look at the Bengals schedule. I don't see how this team gets the #1 pick even if Carson Palmer never leaves his Southern California abode

CTA513
04-20-2011, 04:25 PM
If Jordan left just because his brother wants out then he is dumb.
He might actually get a chance to start even if the Bengals draft a QB in the 1st or 2nd round.

Sea Ray
04-20-2011, 04:34 PM
Jordan Palmer will never have a better opportunity to play NFL football than in 2011 on the Cincinnati Bengals and to his credit, I think he knows that

Reds4Life
04-20-2011, 07:41 PM
If Jordan Palmer is your starting QB, then you might as well just skip the entire season, it won't be worth watching. Not that any product Mike Brown puts on the field ever is.

Redsfaithful
04-20-2011, 08:20 PM
I'd rather see LeFevour. But I'm kind of hoping the season gets canceled, the Bengals only bring misery.

Oxilon
04-20-2011, 10:42 PM
LOL I'm getting shades of the 90's Bungles right now with it being the off season and nobody is expecting anything above .500. Normally this would make me upset, but seeing how I've become emotionally detached from the Bengals for quite some time now, I'm not losing any sleep over them. It just makes me angry that no matter how poor the Bengals are, and how low their attendance is, Mikey will still cash in on the NFL revenue system.

medford
04-21-2011, 12:07 PM
LOL I'm getting shades of the 90's Bungles right now with it being the off season and nobody is expecting anything above .500. Normally this would make me upset, but seeing how I've become emotionally detached from the Bengals for quite some time now, I'm not losing any sleep over them. It just makes me angry that no matter how poor the Bengals are, and how low their attendance is, Mikey will still cash in on the NFL revenue system.

+1. At this point, my biggest hope is that they're historically bad, 1-15 (or however many games they actually get in) land the top pick so they can get Luck next year, draft solid players this season that can add to Luck's ability to win. Then to top it all off, and even more important, Son of Paul finally turns things over to pumpkin, who hires a real GM to run the franchise, who in turns hires more scouts and better personal and the Bengals can emerge as a top 10 organization with regular trips to the playoffs.

W/ the lockout and the emotional drain the Bengals have placed on this area the last 20+ years, Carson' departure, etc.. Attendance may well be at an all time low.

Sea Ray
04-21-2011, 12:46 PM
+1. At this point, my biggest hope is that they're historically bad, 1-15 (or however many games they actually get in) land the top pick so they can get Luck next year, draft solid players this season that can add to Luck's ability to win. Then to top it all off, and even more important, Son of Paul finally turns things over to pumpkin, who hires a real GM to run the franchise, who in turns hires more scouts and better personal and the Bengals can emerge as a top 10 organization with regular trips to the playoffs.

W/ the lockout and the emotional drain the Bengals have placed on this area the last 20+ years, Carson' departure, etc.. Attendance may well be at an all time low.

Looking at that schedule do you really think they can go 1-15? I don't think so

RedsBaron
04-21-2011, 02:20 PM
Looking at that schedule do you really think they can go 1-15? I don't think so

Never overestimate the Bengals.

Mario-Rijo
04-21-2011, 02:26 PM
I'd rather see LeFevour. But I'm kind of hoping the season gets canceled, the Bengals only bring misery.

If Lefevour is the QB then the season has been canceled hasn't it? I'd take Jordan Palmer all day every day over EL Sickness.

Redsfaithful
04-21-2011, 04:58 PM
I actually think Lefevour has a skillset that other NFL teams could turn into a competent starting QB. Probably not so much the Bengals.