PDA

View Full Version : Jose Reyes countdown

Kiss the Baby00
04-20-2011, 01:42 AM
He will be a Red by July 31. He fits perfect into our lineup. The Mets are awful and he is in the last year of his deal, they won't resign him for the 100 million +.

What do we need to give the Mets for a rental player like Reyes?

I'm thinking LeCure as he is auditioning right now. Perhaps a Heisey/Gomes. That would make room for Sappelt to come up next year. I personally love Heisey but it just doesn't seem like there is room here for him between Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Sappelt, and Alfonso now learning OF.

SidneySlicker
04-20-2011, 09:00 AM
He will be a Red by July 31. He fits perfect into our lineup. The Mets are awful and he is in the last year of his deal, they won't resign him for the 100 million +.

What do we need to give the Mets for a rental player like Reyes?

I'm thinking LeCure as he is auditioning right now. Perhaps a Heisey/Gomes. That would make room for Sappelt to come up next year. I personally love Heisey but it just doesn't seem like there is room here for him between Bruce, Stubbs, Gomes, Sappelt, and Alfonso now learning OF.

Meh. The Reds have the most runs scored in baseball and it's not even close really. What the Reds need to work out right now is thier pitching. Nobody on their staff has been giving quality starts, and that has to and in my opinion will change. I'm stilling looking for a #1 gun though if I can get one.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 11:50 AM
Never happen....

cbowen2112
04-20-2011, 11:53 AM
That might be one of the worst trade ideas ever. Without naming any players, just the idea of the trade would be for not. We need an ace and we need one fast. I think someone like a Brett Myers would do wonders for our pitching staff. If they are shopping him in Houston, we need to be all over that one.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 11:55 AM
That might be one of the worst trade ideas ever. Without naming any players, just the idea of the trade would be for not. We need an ace and we need one fast. I think someone like a Brett Myers would do wonders for our pitching staff. If they are shopping him in Houston, we need to be all over that one.

A) Meyers is no ACE and not better then what we have on the roster
B) There are very few "aces" in the game today and obtaining one is near impossible and would result in the loss of a Bruce or a Stubbs in addition to some minor league talent.

Kiss the Baby00
04-20-2011, 11:58 AM
I don't make this stuff up out of nowhere.

Cincinnati - The Reds are going with Paul Janish and Edgar Renteria to fill out their shortstop position, but they've looked for a leadoff hitter and a more concrete solution at short in the past. Reyes could fill both of those roles on a short-term basis in 2011 as they look to defend the NL Central title.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/04/trade-candidate-jose-reyes.html

brm7675
04-20-2011, 12:14 PM
I don't make this stuff up out of nowhere.

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2011/04/trade-candidate-jose-reyes.html

Well if it's on that web site it's a done deal...:thumbdown:

There is no way they bring this rental in because that is all he would be.

redsfanmia
04-20-2011, 12:37 PM

Myers is a bad guy (AKA wife beater), no thanks.

markymark69
04-20-2011, 12:38 PM
Although I'm not sure I'm in favor of that move - it would not surprise me to see this happen. Reyes' name has been linked with the Reds in various rumors even dating back to last season.

Right now its a bit premature to think about and if the Reds are where we hope they will be in July and the same for the Mets, nothing would surprise me.

I'm with the earlier notion of trying to get the pitching straightened out however - of course maybe that happens with Cueto and Bailey.

Simon Rhymon
04-20-2011, 12:44 PM
Rent-a-players always cost more than they are worth. And if The Reds are going to spend money on a player that is going to be here multiple seasons, it should be somebody with an ERA under 3.5, not a guy who comes into an already good offense.

Kiss the Baby00
04-20-2011, 01:06 PM
Rent-a-players always cost more than they are worth. And if The Reds are going to spend money on a player that is going to be here multiple seasons, it should be somebody with an ERA under 3.5, not a guy who comes into an already good offense.

Bronson, Chapman, Leake, Wood, Cueto, Bailey, Maloney, LeCure

Where is a new SP going to fit in? Remember the playoffs last year, it wasn't our pitching that sucked. We have scored 99 runs this year. 35 of those came in 3 games. We got shut down by Charlie Morton and Kevin Correia, the O needs help. Votto needs real protection, Rolen is a great asset to our team but not a cleanup hitter.

bounty37h
04-20-2011, 01:15 PM
I dont see it either.

SidneySlicker
04-20-2011, 01:49 PM

Where is a new SP going to fit in? Remember the playoffs last year, it wasn't our pitching that sucked. We have scored 99 runs this year. 35 of those came in 3 games. We got shut down by Charlie Morton and Kevin Correia, the O needs help. Votto needs real protection, Rolen is a great asset to our team but not a cleanup hitter.

You don't not search for a #1 pitcher because of a logjam of middle to bottom of the rotation pitchers. If there are too many you move one or two. I would think, though I'm not sure, that Leake and Maloney definitely have options available. As for the current state of our pitchers.

Bronson obviously has a spot. Old reliable.

Wood has earned a spot in the rotation and though he didn't pitch well the last night I expect him to rebound next time out.

Chapman is in the pen for at least this year and may never be a starter.
To be honest I think he's destined for a career out of the pen. I'm just not sure he has the control or the mental edge to be a starter. That being said what's wrong with having a guy to groom as a closer who can throw 106mph coming out of the bullpen? Why force him into a starters role?

Leake aside from his current legal issues. His post all star era last year was 6.91 and batters hit .352 off of him. This year he's got an era of 5.40 so far. Listen I was with everyone else at the begining of last year as blown away by Leake, but lets face it. Since the all star break of last year, he's been downright terrible. I'm not sold on him as a longterm or even a short term solution until he puts together 3 or 4 solid performances.

Cueto and Bailey have spots right now, but who knows what state of health their arms are in right now. That being said are either of them really a #1 pitcher?

Lecure has been solid and if the others can't get it done he's earned a spot in the rotation in my opinion though it's a nice luxury to have him as a long reliever.
Maloney- I think he has a chance to be a decent to go pitcher, but I'm not sold that he's a top of the rotation pitcher.

Parliament
04-20-2011, 01:52 PM
Reyes could help the team. I would be for trading some prospects to get him.

SidneySlicker
04-20-2011, 02:00 PM

I don't doubt he could "help" this team, but thier time and resources shouldn't be focused on improving an offense that has scored 8 more runs than the next closest team in major league baseball. They need to get thier pitching right, or fix it. It's a long season people will get right and settle in place.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 02:08 PM

Your protection for Votto comes in the form of "whose hot". When Gomes is hot hit him behind Votto, when Bruce gets hot hit him behind Votto, when Stubbs is hot and so on. Batting orders can be manipulated but someone forgot to tell Dusty that.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 02:09 PM

how does an overpaid often injuried player "help" this team?

Hondo
04-20-2011, 02:30 PM
If this team is trading its Best Prospects Like Alonso, and Mesoraco Plus Frazier, Maloney, LeCure etc...

I want the Kitchen sink thrown at the Mariners for Felix Hernadez and go with Janish and Renteria at SS...

But according to the Professionals on this site. Janish is worth SOOOOO Much, the Mariners may DEMAND Janish be a part of any Deal for King Felix.

That last sentence was Sarcasm.

cbowen2112
04-20-2011, 02:38 PM
I think that the Brett Myers is way better in the last two years then anyone else in our rotation. Look at the numbers. The ace that might be had is King Felix, but that will cost the farm.

The DARK
04-20-2011, 02:41 PM
Don't see what exactly he brings to the table. Janish is our guy and is one of the anchors of the best MLB infield defense, while Renteria a more than capable backup who seems to be gelling in the clubhouse. Our bats are fine, and Reyes, while a great player, contributes little more than statistics. And unless we can come up with a blockbuster deal where we can get a true TOR arm for some of our dwindling prospects (Francisco, Alonso, Frazier), our pitchers will pick up on their production on their own, barring a catastrophe.

Hondo
04-20-2011, 04:14 PM
I think that the Brett Myers is way better in the last two years then anyone else in our rotation. Look at the numbers. The ace that might be had is King Felix, but that will cost the farm.

WIN Now

While we have Votto, Phillips, and Rolen is still productive.

Trade the Farm for KING Felix and sign him to an even bigger extension.

SidneySlicker
04-20-2011, 04:23 PM
WIN Now

I'd give up a good deal for Hernandez, but I don't think the Mariners are interested in trading him right now. Buster onley was talking the other day about the Mariners young 6'7 260lber that made his debut this year and has #1 potential. He said that there have already been teams to throw huge offers at them, and they've said time after time they have no interest in dealing Hernandez. He said that it would probably be mid 2012 before they would entertain offers. Time can change things, so we'll just have to wait and see.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 04:33 PM
WIN Now

What makes you think A) That Seattle would part with him B) Adding him makes us WS team?

bshall2105
04-20-2011, 04:37 PM
The only way I could see the Reds doing this is if they are not going to pick up BP's option. Then they resign Reyes and try to get a hometown discount from BP.

Hondo
04-20-2011, 04:56 PM
What makes you think A) That Seattle would part with him B) Adding him makes us WS team?

A) The Marniers are so far away from contending... A Trade like this would instantly improve the depth on that team.

B) It makes this team match up well with other Number 1 Starters in the Playoffs.
-1. Please dont tell me we have a Number 1 Starter on the Reds Staff. The team doesn't.

Vottomatic
04-20-2011, 05:04 PM

Maybe we should be trading for Charlie Morton and Kevin Correia? :D

Seriously, I'm not that impressed with our offense either. They don't seem to bring it when they most need to. I was hollering at the end of last season to acquire protection for Joey in the lineup but nobody would listen. I like Rolen, but don't consider him a cleanup hitter.

I also proposed acquiring Reyes this past offseason to be our leadoff hitter. But I've changed my mind with Sappelt doing well at Louisville. I think he could be it.

I was also interested in acquiring Carlos Beltran to hit behind Votto. He is currently batting .250 with 3 HR's, 4 doubles, and 7 rbi in a bad lineup. I was hoping to swap Cordero's salary ($12M) and Beltran's salary ($20M), give them a couple of prospects and have them pay us some money to cover the difference. Not sure if I'd do it now. I'd have to think about it. If it didn't cost anything......hmmm. Beltran is a switch hitter by the way. It would knock Gomes out of the lineup though.

We have guys like Cozart, Mesoraco, Valaika, and Sappelt on the way soon. Should we wait and use them to fill those positions or go and acquire proven players? We are small market.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 05:06 PM
A) The Marniers are so far away from contending... A Trade like this would instantly improve the depth on that team.

B) It makes this team match up well with other Number 1 Starters in the Playoffs.
-1. Please dont tell me we have a Number 1 Starter on the Reds Staff. The team doesn't.

If Seattle was going to move him they already would have and you don't have to an ACE to win playoff games.

Hondo
04-20-2011, 05:10 PM
If Seattle was going to move him they already would have and you don't have to an ACE to win playoff games.

You're right. You don't need an Ace to win playoff games. You Need an ACE to WIN playoff Series.

;)

Vottomatic
04-20-2011, 05:11 PM

Felix is due $11.7M in '11, $19.2M in '12, and $20M in '13 and '14 each. Keep dreaming though. No way the Reds take on that kind of salary.

Also, his e.r.a. currently sits at 4.33 and hitters are hitting .282 against him. Sure, it's early, but he's off to a rocky start.

I do agree with you that Seattle would make that trade if the right return were offered. A team that is so far from contending shouldn't and usually doesn't hold on to one piece of the puzzle when it may acquire them multiple pieces to rebuild with. Greinke was traded for the same reason. I also argue that Choo could be had for the right offer, except for the fact that Cleveland is actually playing well right now, but I don't think it will last.

Hondo
04-20-2011, 05:13 PM
Felix is due $11.7M in '11, $19.2M in '12, and $20M in '13 and '14 each. Keep dreaming though. No way the Reds take on that kind of salary.

Also, his e.r.a. currently sits at 4.33 and hitters are hitting .282 against him. Sure, it's early, but he's off to a rocky start.

I do agree with you that Seattle would make that trade if the right return were offered. A team that is so far from contending shouldn't and usually doesn't hold on to one piece of the puzzle when it may acquire them multiple pieces to rebuild with. Greinke was traded for the same reason. I also argue that Choo could be had for the right offer, except for the fact that Cleveland is actually playing well right now, but I don't think it will last.

Correct, but I'd rather have the team use its Top Prospects to acquire Felix Hernandez rather than another Bat. Also look how the Indians are doing. They wont be trading Choo IMO. The Mariners are truely awful and could pull a Kansas City Royals by trading Felix to fill multiple holes on their Roster.

Alonso would be DH, Mesoraco would go right to Starting C, Frazier would be a bench player, and Lehr would go into the roation as well as Maloney. I would even put Donnie Joseph in that package and possibly include Heisey.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Correct, but I'd rather have the team use its Top Prospects to acquire Felix Hernandez rather than another Bat. Also look how the Indians are doing. They wont be trading Choo IMO. The Mariners are truely awful and could pull a Kansas City Royals by trading Felix to fill multiple holes on their Roster.

Alonso would be DH, Mesoraco would go right to Starting C, Frazier would be a bench player, and Lehr would go into the roation as well as Maloney. I would even put Donnie Joseph in that package and possibly include Heisey.

We could trade them all of our top prospects and still couldn't make that deal, the Reds don't have that kind of money, especially if they hope on keeping Votto. I am still confused on why you don't think the talent the Reds have in the area of pitching can't lead them to the world series...

Hondo
04-20-2011, 06:28 PM
We could trade them all of our top prospects and still couldn't make that deal, the Reds don't have that kind of money, especially if they hope on keeping Votto. I am still confused on why you don't think the talent the Reds have in the area of pitching can't lead them to the world series...

Oh okay, you're right. My Bad.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Oh okay, you're right. My Bad.

Okay knowing what he is owed left on his contract, how do you make it work financially?

Hondo
04-20-2011, 06:54 PM
Okay knowing what he is owed left on his contract, how do you make it work financially?

Cordero's not under Contract for next year and I don't think this team should commit 11 Million to Brandon Phillips.

brm7675
04-20-2011, 07:03 PM
Cordero's not under Contract for next year and I don't think this team should commit 11 Million to Brandon Phillips.

So you give up your starting gold glove 2nd basemen who on average gives you 150 games a season for a pitcher who may appear in 40 games tops and has had arm issues in his past? okay....:laugh:

Parliament
04-20-2011, 07:20 PM
how does an overpaid often injuried player "help" this team?

A career .285 hitter who can run and get on base. I have no idea :laugh:

brm7675
04-20-2011, 07:23 PM
A career .285 hitter who can run and get on base. I have no idea :laugh:

how do we know if given full playing time janish can't hit .285? We know he can move because he is one of the best defensive SS in the game. i will stick with Janish and save the money.

Kiss the Baby00
04-20-2011, 07:35 PM
how do we know if given full playing time janish can't hit .285? We know he can move because he is one of the best defensive SS in the game. i will stick with Janish and save the money.

you arent saving anything. how much did you pay of the Reds salaries last year?

Krawhitham
04-20-2011, 08:41 PM
Our current SS is a better fielder and is hitting .302

Vottomatic
04-20-2011, 09:10 PM

I'm not risking $20M on a pitcher. Arm or shoulder trouble is right around the corner any minute. And Felix's contract goes through 2014. That's 4 years.

I'd rather trade for Josh Johnson, currently 3-0 with an e.r.a. of 1.00, 27 IP, 27 K's, 0.59 WHIP and hitters are hitting .112 against him. He makes nearly $8M this year and then $13.75M in '12 and '13. Marlins payroll is at $58M. They've only been higher once in their history at $60M in 2005. Sure, they are currently in 2nd place, but they won't pass the Phillies. I'd rather risk a 3 year contract totaling around $35.5M than a 4 year contract totaling $70+M.

Just saying.

Hondo
04-20-2011, 09:19 PM
I'm not risking $20M on a pitcher. Arm or shoulder trouble is right around the corner any minute. And Felix's contract goes through 2014. That's 4 years.

I'd rather trade for Josh Johnson, currently 3-0 with an e.r.a. of 1.00, 27 IP, 27 K's, 0.59 WHIP and hitters are hitting .112 against him. He makes nearly $8M this year and then $13.75M in '12 and '13. Marlins payroll is at $58M. They've only been higher once in their history at $60M in 2005. Sure, they are currently in 2nd place, but they won't pass the Phillies. I'd rather risk a 3 year contract totaling around $35.5M than a 4 year contract totaling $70+M.

Just saying.

I agree but I think the Marlins and the Mariners are in 2 completely different scenerios... Payroll wise, talent wise, and future.

I would absolutley Love to trade for Josh Johnson but I think you have to Look at Pitchers who are likely to get moved...

Sabethia from Cleveland
Lee from Cleveland
Lee from Mariners
Greinke from Royals
Hernadez from Mariners

As far as Money goes. If this team can Pay Cordero $12 Million, they can commit to Hernadez through 2014 besides he is only 25 and will be in the Prime of his career through those years. Plus with the Money coming off the Books Next year this is a No Brainer.

Vottomatic
04-20-2011, 09:36 PM
I agree but I think the Marlins and the Mariners are in 2 completely different scenerios... Payroll wise, talent wise, and future.

I would absolutley Love to trade for Josh Johnson but I think you have to Look at Pitchers who are likely to get moved...

Sabethia from Cleveland
Lee from Cleveland
Lee from Mariners
Greinke from Royals
Hernadez from Mariners

As far as Money goes. If this team can Pay Cordero $12 Million, they can commit to Hernadez through 2014 besides he is only 25 and will be in the Prime of his career through those years. Plus with the Money coming off the Books Next year this is a No Brainer.

I understand "the pitchers that are most likely to be moved" thinking. But I feel the Marlins fall into a different category because they don't keep a high payroll very long. If they fall into mediocrity this season, I think Johnson could be had. Hanley Ramirez has gotten off to a slow start batting sub-.250 with no HR's and only 1 SB so far. I just think the fish are always in the mix for getting some good prospects because if they're not competing, they like to unload payroll.

Kiss the Baby00
04-20-2011, 09:44 PM
Our current SS is a better fielder and is hitting .302

solid 17 game sample :thumbdown:

4 hits tonight. yea this team rocks at offense!!! Ian Kennedy wishes he could pitch against the Reds every outing.

markymark69
04-20-2011, 11:05 PM
An important point to remember - DO NOT bring up trade ideas on this board -everybody you propose is horrible, can't play, past their prime and are oft-injured and all of our players - even the minor leaguers are future hall of famers.

This will save a lot of time and frustration for everybody.

Simon Rhymon
04-21-2011, 12:36 AM

Those guys are a bunch or #3 or #4 starters. They need somebody who is just establishing himself with the potential to be a #1 or #2, e.g. Brett Anderson, Trevor Cahill, Wade Davis. I'm tired of waiting for Bailey to prove why he was a #1 pick or Cueto to live up to his minor league promise. They may get to be 29 years old and still have the "potential" tag on them.

Kiss the Baby00
04-21-2011, 12:46 AM
Those guys are a bunch or #3 or #4 starters. They need somebody who is just establishing himself with the potential to be a #1 or #2, e.g. Brett Anderson, Trevor Cahill, Wade Davis. I'm tired of waiting for Bailey to prove why he was a #1 pick or Cueto to live up to his minor league promise. They may get to be 29 years old and still have the "potential" tag on them.

i agree all these guys are 2-5s at max. the person proposed adding another 2-5, not an ace, thats why i said there was nowhere for another mediocre pitcher to fit. we have an abundance of mediocre pitchers

Parliament
04-21-2011, 01:18 AM
An important point to remember - DO NOT bring up trade ideas on this board -everybody you propose is horrible, can't play, past their prime and are oft-injured and all of our players - even the minor leaguers are future hall of famers.

:laugh: :thumbup:

Hondo
04-21-2011, 01:57 AM

Obviously you and me are on the same page. :thumbup:

Seriously.

BluegrassRedleg
04-21-2011, 04:41 AM
I don't doubt he could "help" this team, but thier time and resources shouldn't be focused on improving an offense that has scored 8 more runs than the next closest team in major league baseball. They need to get thier pitching right, or fix it. It's a long season people will get right and settle in place.

While that's true, it's been a feast-or-famine bit in many games. I'd like to see more consistency, especially with the table-setters at the top of the order.

Can Reyes do that? Not sure. But it's worth a look IMO.

markymark69
04-21-2011, 02:30 PM
I was curious to see how "terrible" Reyes was and how "oft-injured" he was.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/reyesjo01.shtml

Judge for yourself - but career-wise he has pretty good numbers and one - count them one season since he has become a regular player.

Hondo
04-21-2011, 02:55 PM
I would say Matt Kemp will be available via trade this Summer so after Gomes cools down like he always does... Acquiring Kemp to play Left is a really doable trade. With the Dodgers in the situation they're in I can see Kemp, Broxton, & Blake all being dealt away to save payroll...

Oh and Kemp would be perfect in the 4 hole behind Votto.

BluegrassRedleg
04-21-2011, 03:54 PM
I was curious to see how "terrible" Reyes was and how "oft-injured" he was.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/r/reyesjo01.shtml

Judge for yourself - but career-wise he has pretty good numbers and one - count them one season since he has become a regular player.

Thinking his offensive numbers would also benefit greatly from GABP.

dubc47834
04-22-2011, 08:43 AM
Reyes is not who I want from the Mets, it's David Wright. If we could add him, it solves a TON of issues. It won't happen tho.

xavr1
04-22-2011, 12:08 PM
I still havent heard of any "Ace" that will likely be available via trade this summer. Reyes would be an incredible addition and we have the chips to trade (again).

As for Kemp, I dont believe the Dodgers will be entirely out of it at the trade deadline, nor do I think they'll be especially keen on moving him anyway.

brm7675
04-22-2011, 12:14 PM
I would say Matt Kemp will be available via trade this Summer so after Gomes cools down like he always does... Acquiring Kemp to play Left is a really doable trade. With the Dodgers in the situation they're in I can see Kemp, Broxton, & Blake all being dealt away to save payroll...

Oh and Kemp would be perfect in the 4 hole behind Votto.

What do you believe the Dodgers would want in return for Kemp?

Hondo
04-22-2011, 01:07 PM
Reyes is not who I want from the Mets, it's David Wright. If we could add him, it solves a TON of issues. It won't happen tho.

Evan Longoria will probably be moved in the Next Year or 2 from the Rays... He is coming into his years where he is going to be making 11 Million & 11.5 Million each...

So how about Longoria at 3rd Base for the Next 10 Years...

Can you say awesome!

Hondo
04-22-2011, 01:09 PM
I still havent heard of any "Ace" that will likely be available via trade this summer. Reyes would be an incredible addition and we have the chips to trade (again).

As for Kemp, I dont believe the Dodgers will be entirely out of it at the trade deadline, nor do I think they'll be especially keen on moving him anyway.

Felix Hernadez will be moved given the Right Trade and I believe Alonso, Heisey, Mesoraco, Maloney, Lehr, and Joseph could get it done.

Throw in Janish if ya want to put it over the top ;)

Hondo
04-22-2011, 01:10 PM
What do you believe the Dodgers would want in return for Kemp?

With MLB Running the Team, I think it will be a Salary Dump.

brm7675
04-22-2011, 01:48 PM
With MLB Running the Team, I think it will be a Salary Dump.

I don't see them doing a salary dump, that would ruin the teams overall value. I think that if any trades are done by the Dodgers it will be for equal value in the sense of giving up a Kemp they are going to want say someone like our Catcher in AAA, lecure or Malloney or another position player. I don't think the situation in LA is a dire as you believe it is.

Hondo
04-22-2011, 05:44 PM
I don't see them doing a salary dump, that would ruin the teams overall value. I think that if any trades are done by the Dodgers it will be for equal value in the sense of giving up a Kemp they are going to want say someone like our Catcher in AAA, lecure or Malloney or another position player. I don't think the situation in LA is a dire as you believe it is.

If you think the Los Angeles Dodgers losing Mat Kemp would ruin the overall value of one of the Most Storied Franchises in Major League Baseball...

You sir... Need to reevaluate the situation.

brm7675
04-22-2011, 06:04 PM
If you think the Los Angeles Dodgers losing Mat Kemp would ruin the overall value of one of the Most Storied Franchises in Major League Baseball...

You sir... Need to reevaluate the situation.

If he keeps producing then you have to look at him as one of their key cogs. Again I don't see the Dodgers doing any major moves this season.

Hondo
04-22-2011, 06:38 PM
If he keeps producing then you have to look at him as one of their key cogs. Again I don't see the Dodgers doing any major moves this season.

Ok Peter Gammons!

Vottomatic
04-23-2011, 06:14 AM
Evan Longoria will probably be moved in the Next Year or 2 from the Rays... He is coming into his years where he is going to be making 11 Million & 11.5 Million each...

So how about Longoria at 3rd Base for the Next 10 Years...

Can you say awesome!

Dude, you need to move to New York where they aren't small market. You're living in a dreamworld.