PDA

View Full Version : How St. Louis Fans view the Reds

Chris Sabowned
04-22-2011, 08:24 PM
http://i.imgur.com/mlb91.jpg

Its on.

Stray
04-22-2011, 08:29 PM
Lol I like how they get mad about being called out for whining a lot, and then they whine about it.

davereds24
04-22-2011, 08:43 PM
haha

signalhome
04-22-2011, 08:49 PM
Not gonna lie, I laughed pretty hard at the Cueto comics.

bshall2105
04-22-2011, 08:54 PM
I think it's funny that they hate us waaaaaaaay more than we hate them, and yet they're supposed to be the NL Central powerhouse.

AintlifeGrande
04-22-2011, 09:21 PM
I think it's funny that they hate us waaaaaaaay more than we hate them, and yet they're supposed to be the NL Central powerhouse.

Speak for yourself.

BAKER12
04-22-2011, 09:47 PM
Living in the heart of Cardinal country, they are quite humorous. Some still wear the 1985World Series Champion shirts (the series they were "robbed" in against KC) and the obsession with Dusty is noted. LaRussa and his pal Bobby Knight hate anyone that does not back down from them.

BAKER12
04-22-2011, 09:48 PM
LaRussa DUI mug shot needs to be included in this photo essay

Chris Sabowned
04-22-2011, 10:10 PM
LaRussa DUI mug shot needs to be included in this photo essay

If some people help me come up with ideas, I'll string together a Cardinals version of this.

Using Tony LaRussa, Chris Carpenter, and whoever else.

goreds2
04-22-2011, 11:04 PM
If some people help me come up with ideas, I'll string together a Cardinals version of this.

Using Tony LaRussa, Chris Carpenter, and whoever else.

http://www.beloblog.com/KMOV_Blogs/offtherecord/TONY%20L

arkimadee
04-22-2011, 11:06 PM
http://www.thecubreporter.com/files/TCRimages/players/Pujols_Cubs_TCR.jpg

HalMorrisRules
04-22-2011, 11:10 PM
Honestly, those were some of the weakest attempts at humor I have seen in a long time. It just came off as bitter ramblings.

huber14
04-22-2011, 11:12 PM
lol /r/baseball?

signalhome
04-22-2011, 11:14 PM
lol /r/baseball?

Haha, I thought exactly the same thing.

foxfire123
04-22-2011, 11:15 PM
http://www.thecubreporter.com/files/TCRimages/players/Pujols_Cubs_TCR.jpg

OOOOH Good One!

huber14
04-22-2011, 11:16 PM
Haha, I thought exactly the same thing.

Glad she is back up. I got tired of drinking my own piss :lol:

Defacto
04-23-2011, 12:50 AM

Um, most Cardinals fans that I know don't hate the Reds. Dislike what Cueto did and what Phillips said? Yes. But you have to remember that quite a few players and the Reds GM were a part of the Cardinals organization at one point.

Chris Sabowned
04-23-2011, 12:52 AM
Glad she is back up. I got tired of drinking my own piss :lol:

We were prepared for it though. Being able to see people with Reddit Gold post without being able to post ourselves was just like reading the ORG here.

Magdal
04-23-2011, 03:39 AM
I would like to think that real baseball fans in St. Louis would welcome a new rivalry as the Cubs are too awful to inspire.

The new power of the Reds seems to have waken up the La Russa hating team. Yes...the players hate Tony.

I like the new rivalry! But if the Reds don't get better starting pitching it will be moot and the un-tuckers will rise to the occasion. I can't believe they are over .500 after their putrid start.

gilpdawg
04-23-2011, 03:47 AM
http://mf0.donkeyts.com/artifacts/images/design_data/FF0000-thumb-275x274-design-1035.png

joshua
04-23-2011, 05:31 AM
Are you guys participating at /r/reds at all?

Vottomatic
04-23-2011, 07:08 AM
Glad they feel the need to whine about the Reds. Pretty soon they'll be at the bottom of the standings when Pujols leaves and they have nothing. Wainwright won't be back to form for a few years, Carpenter will be gone to free agency, and they've pretty much traded away their farm system. This is their last shot, and they will fall far short. Count on it.

Magdal
04-23-2011, 08:04 AM
Votto: you assume much. Pujols leaving will hurt them? I don't think so. It would free up a lotta money. Carp leaving? So what? He is on the downside of his career, and his departure will free up MORE $.

Wainwright taking years to recover from Tommy John? Who knows? Losch has stepped in for him pretty good. A 2 hit CG shutout the other nite! Rasmus and Freeze certainly seem legit, and CHEAP!

The geezer Berkman and Holliday ain't going nowhere. Are they to be ignored? Make no mistake, it's gonna be the Reds and Cards for the next few years. (I would HATE for the un-tuckers to interfere)

Defacto
04-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Glad they feel the need to whine about the Reds. Pretty soon they'll be at the bottom of the standings when Pujols leaves and they have nothing. Wainwright won't be back to form for a few years, Carpenter will be gone to free agency, and they've pretty much traded away their farm system. This is their last shot, and they will fall far short. Count on it.

No one knows how long it's going to take Wainwright to recover from Tommy John Surgery. Josh Johnson has been good(or even better) after he had his surgery than before, Volquez still hasn't been the same, just using examples. Carp's only going to leave if the Cards don't pick up his option, which is a possibility. And the farm system has something in it. It has a few RP prospects(Sanchez being one of them), one decent SP prospect in Memphis right now(Lynn) and a really Left handed SP prospect(Shelby Miller). At 3B, there is a guy named Matt Carpenter, who is starting in Memphis who impressed a lot of coaches and players in ST this year. Not to forget their 2010 draft(which was decent). Yes, if Albert does leave, there will be some void but they'll have the money to go out and get a guy like Prince Fielder, assuming they decline Carp's option and don't resign him.

signalhome
04-23-2011, 11:36 AM
Votto: you assume much. Pujols leaving will hurt them? I don't think so. It would free up a lotta money. Carp leaving? So what? He is on the downside of his career, and his departure will free up MORE $.

Wainwright taking years to recover from Tommy John? Who knows? Losch has stepped in for him pretty good. A 2 hit CG shutout the other nite! Rasmus and Freeze certainly seem legit, and CHEAP!

The geezer Berkman and Holliday ain't going nowhere. Are they to be ignored? Make no mistake, it's gonna be the Reds and Cards for the next few years. (I would HATE for the un-tuckers to interfere)

Pujols and Carpenter have been worth a combined 25.3 WAR the last two seasons, so yes, I think their departure will sting quite a bit. Money will be freed up, sure, but you're not going to find a better use for $14.5 million than Albert Pujols. If Mark Teixeira (16.2 WAR over the past three seasons) is worth $23 million a year, and Ryan Howard (9.9 WAR over the past three seasons) is worth $20 million a year, then Pujols (25.3 WAR over the past three seasons) is worth at least $35 million. There's definitely an argument that the Yankees and Phillies vastly overpaid for their first basemen, but that's what the market is now.

Swampturkey
04-23-2011, 12:15 PM
I think you all are way overreacting to what ONE FAN posted. Honestly, yes, there has been attention on Phillips here because of his tweets and attitude, and Leake had some attention last week because of his incident, but other than that, it's just baseball. We focus on the team we are playing, not the reds 24/7.

There has been talk about this being a new rivalry, but that has been strictly baseball talk about the match-ups, etc.

Sean_CaseyRules
04-23-2011, 12:37 PM
lol /r/baseball?

I think you mean /b/aseball lol

BurgervilleBuck
04-23-2011, 08:09 PM
How I view whiny Cards fans.

http://blogs.families.com/media/crybaby.jpg

Jack Burton
04-23-2011, 08:19 PM
Cards fans are right up there w/ Cubs fans.

AintlifeGrande
04-23-2011, 09:48 PM
I love what Franklin said after the fans booed him the other night.''These are supposed to be the best fans in baseball?Yeah right''.

CrosleyField
04-23-2011, 10:01 PM
The Baker picture hits too close for comfort.

Swampturkey
04-23-2011, 10:45 PM
How I view whiny Cards fans.

http://blogs.families.com/media/crybaby.jpg

That's kinda how all the Cards fans are viewing Baker right about now because of the rain situation yesterday. It's his own fault. The radar was on the screen at Busch AT LEAST 30 minutes prior to game time (as that's when I got to the park and saw it).

Vottomatic
04-24-2011, 10:10 AM
So glad I could get under the Cards fans skin. Seem to be more Cards fans on a Reds board, on a thread about how Cards fans view the Reds. Classic.

The Reds fans could care less and the Cards fans are on here whining. Classic again.

And I love how Cards fans are making it so easy to replace the guy they don't want to lose - Pujols. "We'll have so much more money", blah, blah, blah.

Whatever. You're organization is going to be in rebuild mode. Seriously. Come back to reality.

Jack Burton
04-24-2011, 11:43 AM
Cards fans are really a pathetic bunch....

Low class to go along with their low baseball IQ.

bshall2105
04-24-2011, 12:21 PM
Um, most Cardinals fans that I know don't hate the Reds. Dislike what Cueto did and what Phillips said? Yes. But you have to remember that quite a few players and the Reds GM were a part of the Cardinals organization at one point.

Fans tend to dislike players more when they played for them, and now play for a division rival so I think that actually fuels Cards fans dislike for the Reds. Oh and I guess we don't know any of the same Cardinals fans. Every one of them I talk to has something to say about the Reds.

Defacto
04-24-2011, 12:33 PM
Fans tend to dislike players more when they played for them, and now play for a division rival so I think that actually fuels Cards fans dislike for the Reds. Oh and I guess we don't know any of the same Cardinals fans. Every one of them I talk to has something to say about the Reds.

Fans don't hate Rolen, unless they really like LaRussa. If LaRussa and Rolen were close, Rolen would still be here but instead he and LaRussa feuded. I don't blame LaRussa for what he did, though. It has to do with him benching Rolen in the '06 NLCS so he could get a rest. There are some Cardinals fans that miss Renteria. I don't think anyone likes or dislikes Cairo, because he was well, a backup/utility man. The one key person in the Reds organization that I think fans miss the most is Jocketty. He's a great GM.

Magdal
04-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Pujols and Carpenter have been worth a combined 25.3 WAR the last two seasons, so yes, I think their departure will sting quite a bit. Money will be freed up, sure, but you're not going to find a better use for $14.5 million than Albert Pujols. If Mark Teixeira (16.2 WAR over the past three seasons) is worth $23 million a year, and Ryan Howard (9.9 WAR over the past three seasons) is worth $20 million a year, then Pujols (25.3 WAR over the past three seasons) is worth at least $35 million. There's definitely an argument that the Yankees and Phillies vastly overpaid for their first basemen, but that's what the market is now.

Yep...those saleries are rediculas. It HAS to stop somewhere doncha think? 8 bucks for a beer at the stadium...and the ticket prices! I wonder just how much some team will pay Pujols if he has a big year?

bigredmechanism
04-24-2011, 02:00 PM
http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/4/24/a3877a9d-8f88-4ceb-bfb8-0d9dfd7ba8bb.jpg

Razzle
04-24-2011, 02:55 PM
Cards fans are really a pathetic bunch....

Low class to go along with their low baseball IQ.

I'm not sure if the stereotypes or irony are more comedic in this post.

Jack Burton
04-24-2011, 03:06 PM
Look, even their superstar steroid freak doesn't want to return.

Wonder how they'll react when Albert PuHGHols visits STL next season in a cubs uni?

goreds2
04-24-2011, 03:22 PM
http://content.gatehousemedia.com/files/7/ADDITION%20Steroids%20McG_Redf.jpg

signalhome
04-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Yep...those saleries are rediculas. It HAS to stop somewhere doncha think? 8 bucks for a beer at the stadium...and the ticket prices! I wonder just how much some team will pay Pujols if he has a big year?

Yeah, they're definitely ridiculous. Every other team has to suffer because the Yankees and Phillies vastly overpaid for their first basemen. It's sort of the same thing the Bengals had to deal with a few years back with Andre Smith after the draft. Al Davis and the Raiders gave Darius Heyward-Bey a lot more money than was the usual for the seventh pick in the draft. Smith obviously wanted to be paid more than a guy drafted one spot after him, so there was a big dispute there. When someone overpays for a player, everyone suffers.

bshall2105
04-24-2011, 03:54 PM

Wonder how they'll react when Albert PuHGHols visits STL next season in a cubs uni?

Pujols is not linked to HGH

arkimadee
04-24-2011, 04:31 PM
http://content.gatehousemedia.com/files/7/ADDITION%20Steroids%20McG_Redf.jpg

wth is wrong with his neck?? I could never figured out if it was a burn or stretch marks or what? He didn't have it when he was young did he? Cards fans any idea?

Carolina_Redleg
04-24-2011, 05:18 PM
I was at the game the past two days, and yesterday a Cards fan beside me said that St. Louis showed the least animosity towards opponents than anyone else in the league, and said that BP must be an awful person if the Cards fans really hate him that much. I laughed.

mckbearcat48
04-24-2011, 06:43 PM
wth is wrong with his neck?? I could never figured out if it was a burn or stretch marks or what? He didn't have it when he was young did he? Cards fans any idea?

It seemed to get more pronounced when he retired from baseball. He's lost quite a bit of weight since 1998.

Vottomatic
04-24-2011, 06:45 PM
It seemed to get more pronounced when he retired from baseball. He's lost quite a bit of weight since 1998.

That's what happens when you quit taking steroids.

Alot of St. Louis former players have it. I guess the organization was supplying them to all their players.

goreds2
04-24-2011, 07:57 PM

I think his neck has always been like that. Acne when younger?

BurgervilleBuck
04-24-2011, 08:03 PM
I think his neck has always been like that. Acne when younger?
Younger and on steroids?

Razzle
04-25-2011, 12:39 AM

Alot of St. Louis former players have it. I guess the organization was supplying them to all their players.
It was probably that Jocketty guy.

Magdal
04-25-2011, 02:33 AM
I think his neck has always been like that. Acne when younger?Yes, he had that awful scarring acne that many fair skinned boys get. But that disgusting neck is the result of muscle loss! He must look like hell when buck naked.

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 12:05 PM
So glad I could get under the Cards fans skin. Seem to be more Cards fans on a Reds board, on a thread about how Cards fans view the Reds. Classic.

The Reds fans could care less and the Cards fans are on here whining. Classic again.

And I love how Cards fans are making it so easy to replace the guy they don't want to lose - Pujols. "We'll have so much more money", blah, blah, blah.

Whatever. You're organization is going to be in rebuild mode. Seriously. Come back to reality.

Cards fans read this board. You have a thread about the Cardinals. Didn't you expect to have Cards fans reading this? I think you did and were trying to start something. Doesn't bother me though. I live in St. Louis and I know how Cards fans view the reds. I don't need you to tell me.

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 12:07 PM

I think he lost some muscle, but he definately has not lost weight. He's got a bulgy tummy now.

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 12:10 PM

Not me. I still love Rolen. I like him a great deal more than I like LaRussa. I always took Rolen's side in the whole controversy. I also like Cairo. I never LOVED Renteria when he was a Cardinal, but I never had a dislike for him either. I still don't.

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 12:12 PM

Pujols has never been linked to any type of PEDs at all and infact has been tested numerous times. Always clean. Very mature of you to try and drag an innocent guy's name through the mud.

I'm not naive. I know he may not be with the Cardinals next year, although I want him too be. I am convinced however that he will not go to the Cubs. He has stated before that he doesn't like all the day games they have, the clubhouses are extremely tiny and cramped, and he wants to play for a winner.

goreds2
04-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Here is a "statement" from a Cardinals fan commenting on the Reds article from last night's game.

" First of all, you guys can rep;y to this all you want because I'm not going to check back on this post. Brandon Phillips is an ignorant piece of s*** and Johnny Gomes wishes he was black and swings for the fences every time. Molina hates the reds and loved every minute of that 3 run jack last night as did I. CARDINALS OWN YOU and went 12-6 vs you last year and are on pace to do it again and you wont repeat. PEACE SUCKERSSSSSSS "

:phillips:

mckbearcat48
04-25-2011, 02:10 PM

Hello again Vottomatic...It's been awhile.

Swampturkey
04-25-2011, 05:06 PM
Here is a "statement" from a Cardinals fan commenting on the Reds article from last night's game.

" First of all, you guys can rep;y to this all you want because I'm not going to check back on this post. Brandon Phillips is an ignorant piece of s*** and Johnny Gomes wishes he was black and swings for the fences every time. Molina hates the reds and loved every minute of that 3 run jack last night as did I. CARDINALS OWN YOU and went 12-6 vs you last year and are on pace to do it again and you wont repeat. PEACE SUCKERSSSSSSS "

:phillips:

ONE Cardinals fan. Some are mean and like to cause trouble. Same can be said about some Reds fans.

mckbearcat48
04-25-2011, 05:37 PM
ONE Cardinals fan. Some are mean and like to cause trouble. Same can be said about some Reds fans.

Read the Cards section of the Post...that's where most of them are.

cardszone
04-25-2011, 06:09 PM
C'mon, there are idiots on both sides of any controversy. If I wanted to hear what moronic Cards fans think about the Reds, I'd look at the post dispatch comments. If I wanted to hear what moronic Reds fans think about the Cards, I wouldn't be on this forum.

Why post the trash like it's meaningful? I registered here because I've seen intelligent and funny discussion about baseball. Maybe I'm in the wrong place.