PDA

View Full Version : Klinker Sent down

cinreds21
04-25-2011, 04:57 PM
Bats' Right-handed pitcher Matt Klinker posted on his twitter that he is heading back down to Double-A Carolina.
Klinker, who was 2-1 with a 9.00 ERA in 4 appearances for Louisville this season, will start Wednesday for the Mudcats in place of injured pitcher Jordan Hotchkiss.

muddie
04-25-2011, 05:00 PM
I wish the circumstances were different but I really look forward to his trip here.

batsfan
04-25-2011, 06:06 PM
Any idea who is going up to AAA?

cinreds21
04-25-2011, 06:40 PM

Likely someone going down from MLB to make room for Bailey. They won't "need" anyone per say. Arredondo is going up in a day so they'll be straight.

muddie
04-25-2011, 06:42 PM
Maloney just got sent down. Is he going to take Klinker's spot?

cinreds21
04-25-2011, 06:43 PM
Maloney just get sent down. Is he going to take Klinker's spot?

Yea, he could. Klinker wasn't really in the rotation because of Bailey and Cueto. Cochran could move back in the to Triple-A rotation as well. Horst could too if needed.

Joseph
04-25-2011, 06:50 PM
Maloney takes his spot in the rotation, but he takes Fishers spot on the roster, so there still another shoe to drop somewhere.

mth123
04-25-2011, 07:26 PM

Arredondo?

With Bailey and Cueto making starts, there really aren't enough innings for Klinker now. A trip to AA will probably help both the Mudcats and Klinker.

muddie
04-27-2011, 04:24 PM

The winner is...Dallas Buck. Buck has been moved up to Louisville.

batsfan
04-27-2011, 04:42 PM
The winner is...Dallas Buck. Buck has been moved up to Louisville.

I'd rather have Klinker.

muddie
04-27-2011, 05:01 PM
I'd rather have Klinker.

I'm trying to figure this one out as well. I don't know if you can look as this as a straight up Klinker for Buck kind of move. There have been several moves lately.

If you look at the two head up, and I'm sure there is more to it than this, Buck probably looks better on paper this year than does Klinker. In 21 innings he's given up 23 hits whereas Klinker has given up 23 hits in 15 innings. Klinker's ERA is 9.00 and Buck's is 5.57. Taking age into account, they were born a month apart. At first I figured they may want to move Buck as soon as he showed signs of life in that he has been slowed for so long by injury. In the end, I think they just want to see buck face AAA batters.

batsfan
04-27-2011, 05:04 PM
I'm trying to figure this one out as well. I don't know if you can look as this as a straight up Klinker for Buck kind of move. There have been several moves lately.

If you look at the two head up, and I'm sure there is more to it than this, Buck probably looks better on paper this year than does Klinker. In 21 innings he's given up 23 hits whereas Klinker has given up 23 hits in 15 innings. Klinker's ERA is 9.00 and Buck's is 5.57. Taking age into account, they were born a month apart. At first I figured they may want to move Buck as soon as he showed signs of life in that he has been slowed for so long by injury. In the end, I think they just want to see buck face AAA batters.

It could also be that they would rather see Klinker in the rotation and Buck in the bullpen then the other way around. I'd still rather see Klinker as he had some success in AAA (in 09) while Buck has never had a AA era lower then 4.82.

cinreds21
04-27-2011, 07:15 PM
It's just a paper move.

Doc. Scott
04-27-2011, 07:37 PM
I could see the Reds trying Buck in the bullpen at AAA to get him to the big leagues. The guy's 26 and has never managed a full season in the organization due to injuries; it's time to find out what we got.

Or maybe not, it might just be because Klinker's a fresh arm and Buck just pitched the day before.

batsfan
04-27-2011, 08:00 PM
It's just a paper move.

I assume you mean that Buck will not even put on Bats uniform. Will anyone else come up to the Bats, or will they just use the rehabbers to fill the spot?

cinreds21
04-27-2011, 09:07 PM
I assume you mean that Buck will not even put on Bats uniform. Will anyone else come up to the Bats, or will they just use the rehabbers to fill the spot?

They had spot open but have enough guys with Cueto, Bailey, and Arredondo there. He's still here in Zebulon