PDA

View Full Version : Deal Co-Co...make Chapman

brm7675
04-27-2011, 06:39 PM
Phillies in need of a closer, how about we deal Co-Co to them for some minor league talent, and put Chapman in as closer?

Hondo
04-27-2011, 06:47 PM
I honestly think the White Sox would take Cordero and His Salary at this point...

Chris Sale anyone?

zacharync
04-27-2011, 07:13 PM
I thought Brad Lidge was expected back this summer?

arkimadee
04-27-2011, 07:24 PM
If we deal CoCo then who would be our 7th inning guy or the guy we bring in when we need a strike out?? I wouldn't want it to be Masset or even Logan at this point. I think that role is just as important as the closers role.. It was today.

Jefferson24
04-27-2011, 07:41 PM
I think that role is just as important as the closers role.. It was today.

It was more important today.

The Reds don't have Chapman and they don't win today. I think he is to great a talent to just use situationaly out of the pen but he does excel in that role.

brm7675
04-27-2011, 07:58 PM
If we deal CoCo then who would be our 7th inning guy or the guy we bring in when we need a strike out?? I wouldn't want it to be Masset or even Logan at this point. I think that role is just as important as the closers role.. It was today.

Masset or Logan can handle the job without issue. You also have the kid down in AA on rehab that we signed last year who soon will be ready also...

KYRedLeg
04-27-2011, 08:02 PM
Not only would I not want to give CoCo up, but I really wouldn't want to be a part of a deal that made the Phillies better.

Hondo
04-27-2011, 08:43 PM
Not only would I not want to give CoCo up, but I really wouldn't want to be a part of a deal that made the Phillies better.

Why don't you guys see that the White Sox are in Desperate need for a Closer and this team could get some pieces for him and unload the salary there...

The Phillies shouldnt even come into play...

davereds24
04-27-2011, 08:46 PM
Coco is lights out right now, why would you want to get rid of him? The Reds have plenty of big arms in the system right now, they need to win now not accumulate more prospects.

jhiller21
04-27-2011, 09:13 PM
Coco's velocity is down but his command is looking a lot better this year, I'd hang on to him.

Tadasimha
04-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Chapman will be the closer for 2012. The Reds have a 2012 option with a $1 mil. buyout on Cordero, so expect the buyout to happen and Cordero to move on after the season. Until then, Cordero has shown he can still be a solid 9th inning man and has been one of the more reliable pitchers all season.

Given the money that Rivera and Soriano have gotten from the Yankees to be 8th and 9th inning pitchers, Chapman's contract as a closer will be a bargain up to 2015. Time to forget about stretching him out in Lousiville to make him a starter - he's the Reds' stopper for the next four seasons.

DocRed
04-28-2011, 11:11 AM
Who in their right mind would want Coco and his $12 million dollar price tag....he is untradeable unless we pick up a LARGE portion of his contract.

BurgervilleBuck
04-28-2011, 11:33 AM
Coco is lights out right now, why would you want to get rid of him? The Reds have plenty of big arms in the system right now, they need to win now not accumulate more prospects.

Coco's velocity is down but his command is looking a lot better this year, I'd hang on to him.

Both of these. +11

Red in Atl
04-28-2011, 01:09 PM
I've seen Chapman as the next Mariano since we put him in the BP last year. That said, he's still very young, inexperienced and growing.

Unless someone wants to take his entire salary and give us a prospect or two, I'd wait till the season is over and buy out Cordero's contract. We will need that money bad.

If we can make the playoff's, who wouldn't want closer capabilities for the 7th, 8th and 9th innnings: Chapman, Massett and Cordero? We have some real nice pitching for the first time in ages, let's not just throw it away.

Hondo
04-28-2011, 02:31 PM
Who in their right mind would want Coco and his $12 million dollar price tag....he is untradeable unless we pick up a LARGE portion of his contract.

Again, the Chicago White Sox are in "NEED" of a Closer and are a team that would take the Salary...

DocRed
04-28-2011, 07:05 PM
Again, the Chicago White Sox are in "NEED" of a Closer and are a team that would take the Salary...

Disagree completely, no way would they pay $12 million for CoCo.

brm7675
04-28-2011, 07:13 PM

By the mid point he won't be owed 12 million....

KOBasinger
04-29-2011, 08:04 AM
Why just have Chapman in the 9th when you can have him in the 7th/8th and CoCo in the 9th?

Not losing faith in Coco anytime soon.

Girevik
04-29-2011, 08:13 AM
Coredero is playing well. I can't see trading him now as part of a salary dump...it's not like you could use his money to sign anyone else right now.

Now, if you could get something usefull in return, or maybe work a 3 way deal where you pick up salary from another team that fills a need, I'd consider it. But I just can't see moving Cordero for prospects right now. Not from a contending team.

Vottomatic
05-01-2011, 07:46 AM
I'm kind of expecting this to happen. Cordero is pitching well. They could have a puff piece written about how Coco lost a bunch of weight, got in shape for his contract year and is having a great season so far. Some team in need, that can afford him, would probably bite.

But I make Ondrusek or Masset the closer, not Chapman. And hope Arredondo gets back in the next month or so.

Then we could possibly turn the savings into filling some other holes.

DocRed
05-07-2011, 04:04 PM
The real Coco.....

Coco's Save %
2010-83.3%
2011-83.3%

At least he is consistent....

Jack Burton
05-07-2011, 04:42 PM
Trade CoCo. Maybe we can get a bag of circus peanuts in return.

redram
05-07-2011, 04:55 PM
The guys has pitched GREAT all year, lay off him. Gezz I guess he is never allowed a bad outing. :rolleyes:

Vottomatic
05-07-2011, 04:58 PM
I'd trade him to the White Sox just to unload payroll.
Then I'd make Ondrusek the closer.
Then I'd turn around and make a trade with the Mets for Reyes and possibly Beltran (to hit behind Votto).

Hondo
05-07-2011, 05:49 PM

Also you are mistaken. This is the Same team that took Alex Rios off waivers and took his 17 Million a year & LTC without even a blink... They can afford the 12 Million and they are in DIRE NEED of a Closer...

I say Cordero for Sale straight up...

VottoFan54
05-07-2011, 06:24 PM
Trade CoCo. Maybe we can get a bag of circus peanuts in return.

What did you want from Cordero? Before this apperance his ERA was 1.29 with no loses or blown saves, in fact he actually had 2 wins, and you complain after one bad appearance where he was forced to get four outs due to Stubbs dropping a flyball:confused:.

Jack Burton
05-07-2011, 06:44 PM
The guys has pitched GREAT all year, lay off him. Gezz I guess he is never allowed a bad outing. :rolleyes:

Lol, sounds like Lloyd Christmas.

Hondo
05-07-2011, 07:10 PM
What did you want from Cordero? Before this apperance his ERA was 1.29 with no loses or blown saves, in fact he actually had 2 wins, and you complain after one bad appearance where he was forced to get four outs due to Stubbs dropping a flyball:confused:.

This post was started long before today.

Vottomatic
05-07-2011, 07:49 PM

I think this thread dates back years, doesn't it? :laugh:

DocRed
05-07-2011, 08:39 PM
Also you are mistaken. This is the Same team that took Alex Rios off waivers and took his 17 Million a year & LTC without even a blink... They can afford the 12 Million and they are in DIRE NEED of a Closer...

I say Cordero for Sale straight up...

While I agree they would be willing to pay $12 million for a closer...I also think their GM is smart enough to realize Coco is nowhere CLOSE to a $12 million dollar player.

redram
05-08-2011, 12:03 AM

Maybe so but it was re-started today after his only bad outing of the year. Maybe some of you wish we had Franklin from The Cards instead. I know, how about not bashing a player for having ONE bad game and acting like you are the baseball god of ownership and management. Try to support the team and be a fan. I am sure Co Co blew this one on purpose so those people would have something to B____ about.

Hondo
05-08-2011, 04:56 PM
Great to see Cordero bounce back today. Best thing for the team was to get him right back out there and get a save.