PDA

View Full Version : Does the Redlegs' propensity for comebacks

BluegrassRedleg
05-01-2011, 07:17 PM
... also signal a lack of focus earlier in the game?

I recognize their heart and praise the way they never give up, but I sure would like to see some better ABs in the early to middle part of the game.

ruREaDy2
05-01-2011, 07:42 PM
I too have wondered this? Why do we always seem to stall out of the gates early in games?

aldotcs
05-01-2011, 07:48 PM
I think it's something we're good at, but I don't think we depend on it to win games. The offense is slow right now. It seems like when we have good offense, the pitching doesn't hold up. Masset dropped the F bomb when he gave up his 2nd home run and 4th run in the 8th. It's innings like that that slay us in the end.

lonewolf371
05-02-2011, 11:34 AM
Or it's the type of pitching we're good against. Starters usually have 3-4 quality pitches; relievers usually have 1-2. Maybe our guys know how to hit certain types of pitches, but they're not so good at figuring out what pitch is coming.

Magdal
05-02-2011, 03:11 PM
Or it's the type of pitching we're good against. Starters usually have 3-4 quality pitches; relievers usually have 1-2. Maybe our guys know how to hit certain types of pitches, but they're not so good at figuring out what pitch is coming.

You might have something there.

CWRed
05-02-2011, 06:33 PM

Yes. Bullpen guys are there for a reason in most cases. They aren't usually elite pitchers. It doesn't help that the Reds are playing from behind nearly EVERY game. Seems the pitchers aren't prepared early on to a man. That's the problem. The offense isn't really the problem.