PDA

View Full Version : new power rankings, Reds still coming in the top 10!

ntorvik
05-09-2011, 10:26 AM
How bout Cueto and Bailey, huh? When we needed a spark from our two injured pitchers, we got it, and with authority. One run over 12 innings between the two of them is pretty impressive. Cueto even made it into the 7th inning, even if only for one batter. Now all that needs to happen is Rolen needs to come back from his injury and stay healthy for the season. Everything else is coming together. Bruce has started to heat up from the plate, Votto is going to be Votto, and Stubbs hit another homer yesterday (6 on the season now, going for the 25 mark that I'm looking for!)
http://www.upperdeckreport.com/news_article/show/89099?referrer_id=290721

Hondo
05-09-2011, 01:36 PM
How bout Cueto and Bailey, huh? When we needed a spark from our two injured pitchers, we got it, and with authority. One run over 12 innings between the two of them is pretty impressive. Cueto even made it into the 7th inning, even if only for one batter. Now all that needs to happen is Rolen needs to come back from his injury and stay healthy for the season. Everything else is coming together. Bruce has started to heat up from the plate, Votto is going to be Votto, and Stubbs hit another homer yesterday (6 on the season now, going for the 25 mark that I'm looking for!)
http://www.upperdeckreport.com/news_article/show/89099?referrer_id=290721

This team is literally 3 players away from just kicking everybodys butt...

ntorvik
05-09-2011, 01:39 PM
you think 3? Who else do we need? We get Rolen back to shore up 3rd base, I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a more consistent hitter out in left field and maybe a younger shortstop that isn't Paul Janish. So that would be three, yeah, haha.

Magdal
05-09-2011, 01:49 PM
you think 3? Who else do we need? We get Rolen back to shore up 3rd base, I guess I wouldn't be opposed to a more consistent hitter out in left field and maybe a younger shortstop that isn't Paul Janish. So that would be three, yeah, haha.

I'm sorry, but I can't agree on Rolen. I would not spend another dime on him. Too old, too fragile. Too bad.

Maker_84
05-09-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm sorry, but I can't agree on Rolen. I would not spend another dime on him. Too old, too fragile. Too bad.

still pretty good on defense, but other than that he's worthless

webbbj
05-09-2011, 03:15 PM
wow a week ago half this board thought the team was falling off. Now no one can stop us. funny how over reactionary some fans can be.

brm7675
05-09-2011, 03:18 PM
This team is literally 3 players away from just kicking everybodys butt...

3? Let me guess a LF, a leadoff hitter and a ACE?

brm7675
05-09-2011, 03:20 PM

I like Rolen, but his career is over. At that age you don't recover from injuries like you did in your 20's and if you saw last year he just can't go over a the long haul. I know he won't, but I wish Rolen would just man up and retire. It would allow the Reds maybe make a move for a 3rd basemen like a David Wright, but he won't.

ntorvik
05-09-2011, 03:26 PM
I can agree with the sentiments on Rolen, he is old, I guess I just like the presence that I feel he brings to the club. It would be great to get a younger, stronger guy, but I'm worried that with the big offseason signings of Bruce and Votto, we won't have the money to through for a top tier 3B like Wright.

SidneySlicker
05-09-2011, 03:44 PM
People need to relax.
OPS in the NL among outfielders
13. Drew Stubbs .807 I think this will continue to improve slowly
15. Jay Bruce .795 I see him in the top 10 by mid June
18. Jonny Gomes .762 Right now Jonny is going in the wrong direction.
Heisey in 42 ab's granted is .742.

1. Berkman 1.191
2. Holliday 1.095
8. Rasmus .858
Cincy's infield is much better offensively than the cardinals and while St. Louis's outfield is playing out of their minds right now it's bound to cool off at somepoint. I think this is gonna be a race to the end. I just don't see the reason to panic right now. The Reds pitching is getting a shot in the arm right now and hopefully for the long term. This Reds team is gonna get better as the season moves along. Now that doesn't mean I'm against making a trade at the deadline to improve the team, but lets not panic 5 weeks into the season.