PDA

View Full Version : Cubbies dismantle the Cards

Magdal
05-12-2011, 12:26 AM
They left in their worst starter (Westbrook) in until he had 5 ERs in 3 innings. Then he was relieved by the worst reliever in all of baseball (Franklin) to give up another 4 in the next 3 innings.

They benched Holliday, Berkman and Pujols to guarentee a Cub win with lots of game left. It was like a gift game.

The big 2, Holliday and Berkman are 0 for the series with about 7 strikeouts between them. Rasmus in centerfield looked like Soriano out there. Just awful.

mlh1981
05-12-2011, 07:48 AM
They really missed Tony LaRussa's managerial GENIUS impact.

(in all seriousness, can't stand the guy, but hope he's ok)

Magdal
05-12-2011, 11:37 AM
They really missed Tony LaRussa's managerial GENIUS impact.

(in all seriousness, can't stand the guy, but hope he's ok) Last I heard, he may not be back for a month. This shingles thing seems to be pretty serious. He let it go too long before getting treatment. What the heck IS shingles anyway?

brm7675
05-12-2011, 11:42 AM
Last I heard, he may not be back for a month. This shingles thing seems to be pretty serious. He let it go too long before getting treatment. What the heck IS shingles anyway?

You don't want to know, very painful...:thumbdown:

arkimadee
05-12-2011, 11:44 AM
With the way Volquez pitched yesterday we should have been dismantled. It can happen to anyone. The Cards are playing good this year and I'm not about to talk trash about one of there loses because they have owned us the last 2 seasons. The Reds really need to take this series this weekend.

bounty37h
05-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Last I heard, he may not be back for a month. This shingles thing seems to be pretty serious. He let it go too long before getting treatment. What the heck IS shingles anyway?

Its what keeps the rain from coming through your roof.

jrandal9
05-12-2011, 02:18 PM
This was one game, we got dismantled last year as well at least once. Don't think for a second the Cards are going away anytime soon. I think the saying "Every now and then even a bling squirrel finds a nut" applies here.

defender
05-12-2011, 03:16 PM
Not going so well for the Cubs today. Cards up 5-0. Cubs have 3 hits, but Garcia has only needed 30 pitches to get through 3 innings.

Vottomatic
05-12-2011, 05:21 PM
How is Carpenter going to explain the Shingles to his son?

redhat
05-12-2011, 11:39 PM
What the heck IS shingles anyway?
Shingles is caused by the virus that causes chicken pox. If you had chicken pox, the virus is never completely eradicated in your body, and can re-emerge if your immune system is weakened. Blisters and rash are the worst symptoms.

And btw, the Cards blew out the Cubs today.

Rijo's Ghost
05-13-2011, 12:08 AM
Man, I don't think this magdal even roots for a team. Just roots against the Cardinals at every forum. I'm not sure I've ever seen a thread that wasn't Cardinals centric posted by magdal.

EDIT: magdal has...
started 10 threads at northsidebaseball, 7 of them about the Cardinals.
started 64 threads here at redszone, 46 about the Cardinals.

So odd.

10xWSChamps
05-13-2011, 12:46 AM
Man, I don't think this magdal even roots for a team. Just roots against the Cardinals at every forum. I'm not sure I've ever seen a thread that wasn't Cardinals centric posted by magdal.

So odd.

Stats don't lie! Mad gal is a Cardinals hater that trolls NL central forums hating on the Cardinals. She is the furthest thing from a fan

Swampturkey
05-13-2011, 10:30 AM
They left in their worst starter (Westbrook) in until he had 5 ERs in 3 innings. Then he was relieved by the worst reliever in all of baseball (Franklin) to give up another 4 in the next 3 innings.

They benched Holliday, Berkman and Pujols to guarentee a Cub win with lots of game left. It was like a gift game.

The big 2, Holliday and Berkman are 0 for the series with about 7 strikeouts between them. Rasmus in centerfield looked like Soriano out there. Just awful.

In game one, Holliday had an rbi hit in his first at bat, then the K's piled up, but he wasn't (along with Berkman) 0-7. Also, Pujols was NOT benched in game 2. He came out of the game when we were trailing. In fact, he drove in 2 of our runs.

Rasmus threw a guy out at the plate. He never did that last year. He is improving last year and looks nothing like Soriano.

Swampturkey
05-13-2011, 10:31 AM

There is no cure so he didn't exactly let it go too long. The only thing that helps is rest. He would rest before and after games, but obviously it wasn't enough.

Swampturkey
05-13-2011, 10:33 AM

So odd.

I wouldn't care so much if she/he was factual, but he/she is constantly getting things wrong.

Magdal
05-13-2011, 03:25 PM

So odd.

Cudos to you for having all the spare time to look up little old me. Shame on you for taking it all so seriously. Since it seems to matter so much to you Rijo, I'll fill you in. I don't root against the Cards. I don't like certain players and the Manager.

I'm not gonna come on here and brag about how great such and such Cardinal is. Nobody around here wants to hear that stuff. (exept Turkey and Razzle) I don't critisize Reds player on here. I don't know enough about the team, and it's not my place.

On Cardinal boards I am viscously attacked for speaking the truth, so I prefer to talk baseball elswhere. If the Reds were in last place, I would not post on RZ. That would be silly. It is the team battling at the top of the division with the Cards that makes it fun for me. And that team (and their fans)are the only ones interested in the Cards as rivals at that time.

That being said: this series is going to be fun! How about we stop sniping for the next 3 days and enjoy baseball? I would like to see it nip and tuck 'till the very last day of the season.

defender
05-13-2011, 03:45 PM
Hopefully, the Cubs have left the Cardinals overconfident.

Razzle
05-13-2011, 03:54 PM
I'm not gonna come on here and brag about how great such and such Cardinal is. Nobody around here wants to hear that stuff. (exept Turkey and Razzle)
I don't come here for Reds fans to praise the Cardinals (after what's transpired the past year between these two teams that seems to be a pretty lost cause). Instead I come here to debate and discuss the season with people who give me a differing opinion. I'm sorry that you consider me a homer because I refuse to believe that Albert Pujols is now Aaron Miles in the box. Like you, I am not the biggest LaRussa fan, but my love of the team is far greater than my dislike of him.

10xWSChamps
05-13-2011, 05:34 PM
If the Reds were in last place, I would not post on RZ. That would be silly. It is the team battling at the top of the division with the Cards that makes it fun for me.

But don't you see that it just comes off as you pandering to Reds fan and Cubs fans? "Cubbies dismantle the Cards": You seem to be reveling in the Cardinals loss. I see MikeTheirry posting here and he has a balanced position yet he's not pandering to Reds fans.

It's not just that you're harsh when talking about the Cardinals. It's also obvious that you enjoy when they lose and anything bad that happens to us.

You may consider yourself a fan, on whatever level, but I think in the truest sense there's no way you could be a "fan" of the Cardinals.

Magdal
05-13-2011, 05:43 PM
But don't you see that it just comes off as you pandering to Reds fan and Cubs fans? "Cubbies dismantle the Cards": You seem to be reveling in the Cardinals loss. I see MikeTheirry posting here and he has a balanced position yet he's not pandering to Reds fans.

It's not just that you're harsh when talking about the Cardinals. It's also obvious that you enjoy when they lose and anything bad that happens to us.

You may consider yourself a fan, on whatever level, but I think in the truest sense there's no way you could be a "fan" of the Cardinals.

You are correct. Until my 14 years of anger and disgust at the hands of TLR come to an end I will remain a fan anomally. Enjoy the simplicity of your team loyalty. But if Baker remains for another 10 years you may learn the hard way how I got the way I am.