PDA

View Full Version : Harang

UPRedsFan
05-12-2011, 11:59 AM
Nice to see Harang is bouncing back in SD

He's a 5-2 with a 4.07 ERA. He's had 7 starts and 5 quality starts where he gave up 2 runs or less.

Not suggesting the Reds should have signed him. They made the right decision at the time with the information they had. But it's nice to see Aaron turn it around. Always liked him.

will5979
05-12-2011, 12:02 PM
I agree 100%. The biggest problem is GABP, they made those stupid short porches for that bum KGJ (he is still hurting us!) and our pitchers have to pay for it. Congrats to Aaron.

brm7675
05-12-2011, 12:59 PM
I agree 100%. The biggest problem is GABP, they made those stupid short porches for that bum KGJ (he is still hurting us!) and our pitchers have to pay for it. Congrats to Aaron.

REALLY? KGJ is a bum? GABP was not built for him, and was built within the space allowable. Please get a clue.

will5979
05-12-2011, 01:10 PM
REALLY? KGJ is a bum? GABP was not built for him, and was built within the space allowable. Please get a clue.

As a Red between 2001-2005, YES KGJ was a MAJOR BUM!

mroby85
05-12-2011, 02:08 PM
As a Red between 2001-2005, YES KGJ was a MAJOR BUM!

Agreed, great in Seattle, complete bust that seemed to have a lack of motivation in Cincinnati. (not just because of injuries.)

BluegrassRedleg
05-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Harang could not have made a wiser choice than SD. Place is a graveyard for fly balls.

I'm glad he's doing well. Always liked him. Stand-up guy, classy.

Vottomatic
05-12-2011, 05:17 PM
I liked him and appreciated his service as a Red. But on the other hand, it was time for him to go. His pitching style did not fit well for GABP.

mlh1981
05-12-2011, 05:18 PM
How many KGJ posts do we really need in one day? It's not 2008 (of before) anymore.

lidspinner
05-12-2011, 10:45 PM
I agree we did not build GABP for KGJ...but I am sure it helped that they thought he would be chasing history here in Cincy....they thought he would be breaking Babes record, then Hanks....and so did all of us....but the space is there if they wanted to go back another 20-40 feet.....so its not like the short porches were their only options....I am sure the idea of Ken chasing history helped them a ton.

jhiller21
05-12-2011, 11:12 PM

Uh, dude... The opposing pitchers have to pitch in the same park we do. Harang happens to be a major fly ball guy, put 2 & 2 together. It has nothing to do with Jr., who is a first ballot HOFer.

jhiller21
05-12-2011, 11:18 PM
Also we should get off the Jr. topic but I forgot to mention most of his homers were halfway up the moon deck. Wasn't much for wall-scrapers.

BluegrassRedleg
05-12-2011, 11:27 PM
Uh, dude... The opposing pitchers have to pitch in the same park we do. Harang happens to be a major fly ball guy, put 2 & 2 together. It has nothing to do with Jr., who is a first ballot HOFer.

Exactly. I've always thought the controversy surrounding the dimensions was overblown. The only way it hurts the Reds is -- if someday they're contending for FA pitchers -- they're likely not going to land them. Fortunately, we have an organization that is stressing developing its own pitching now.

jhiller21
05-13-2011, 01:18 AM
Exactly. I've always thought the controversy surrounding the dimensions was overblown. The only way it hurts the Reds is -- if someday they're contending for FA pitchers -- they're likely not going to land them. Fortunately, we have an organization that is stressing developing its own pitching now.

Yup

Leake, Arroyo, Cueto, Wood, and Homer all have good out pitches that can produce ground balls. Harang is much better suited to Petco.

gilpdawg
05-13-2011, 07:42 AM
Agreed, great in Seattle, complete bust that seemed to have a lack of motivation in Cincinnati. (not just because of injuries.)

Yeah he didn't have any motivation, but he blew out his shoulder diving for a ball, and tore his hamstring the first time sprinting around third in a SPRING game. Not to mention playing a whole season with a hole in his leg. Complete lack of respect for one of the greatest players to ever step on a field from some people who claim to be Reds fans.

Natty Redlocks
05-13-2011, 08:27 AM
http://www.dlisted.com/files/87873067.jpg
LEAVE GRIFFEY ALONE!!!!

Old NDN
05-13-2011, 08:49 AM
I'm happy for Harang. But to pick up his 12 million dollar would have been senseless. He hadn't shown much in the previous 2 years.

BluegrassRedleg
05-14-2011, 06:56 PM
We hexed the poor guy. 7 ER already out in Coors.

DocRed
05-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Good for him. I would love to see him pwn Central teams.

davereds24
05-14-2011, 09:09 PM
The Harang of the last few years is back. 3 of the last 4 starts have been ugly. High walks and homers, low strikeouts.

Reds
05-16-2011, 08:03 AM
yeah I think i saw him give up 7 runs, second most of his career and they the pads came back and won the game 9-7. talk about getting harang off the hook.

mikdavrut
05-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Like has already been mentioned, I am VERY glad that the Reds did NOT pick up his option/resign him. I think, unfortunately for Harang that his best days are LONG since passed & behind him. I predict he will have an avg. season w/the Padres, of course most likely pitching better at Petco vs. away. I really do like Aaron as a person (what I know of/about him at least - seems like he's a great person, just a downright good human being), so I was happy to see him get off to such a great start this season. But, I remember telling a friend of mine that I watch a lot of Reds games with that I did not think it would last through an entire season. Hopefully I end up being wrong and his past few not-so-great outings turn out to be a minor bump in the road and he reverts back to his beginning of the season success. But, I have my doubts.

I'm not exactly sure what happened with Harang or where/why things started breaking down for him success wise but I really hated to see it happen. He did a LOT for the Cincy community and was great w/kids, etc. As well as the fact that he was one of our few beacons of light through a few pretty dark and rough seasons.

I wish him nothing but the best (minus when/if he pitches against the Reds) ;)