PDA

View Full Version : Pujols hugs Cubs GM Hendry

Vottomatic
05-12-2011, 05:23 PM
http://www.suntimes.com/sports/5303303-419/hendry-pujols-hug-causes-stir-before-cubs-loss-to-cardinals.html

Yep. He's a future Cub.

Say bye-bye Cardinal fans.

SidneySlicker
05-12-2011, 10:18 PM
Much ado about nothing.

webbbj
05-12-2011, 10:35 PM
who cares

Swampturkey
05-13-2011, 10:28 AM
While I don't like seeing our superstar hugging any member of the opposition, I'm not upset at all. Pujols knows a ton of people in baseball and it's not the first time I've seen him hug a guy in another uniform.

Vottomatic
05-13-2011, 10:57 AM
While I don't like seeing our superstar hugging any member of the opposition, I'm not upset at all. Pujols knows a ton of people in baseball and it's not the first time I've seen him hug a guy in another uniform.

Really?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

Swampturkey
05-13-2011, 11:01 AM
Really?

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :D

I see lots of reds hugging Cardinals at Busch Stadium as well. In particular, Scott Rolen, Miguel Cairo, Edgar Renteria...just to name a few. ;)

Magdal
05-13-2011, 11:19 AM
Huggin' a former teamate and friend is one thing, but given his contract situation this is quite another. It was a calculated gesture, probably thought up by his agent. (Boras?)

Not there is anything wrong with that either.

10xWSChamps
05-13-2011, 05:31 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Pujols signs with someone else, but I would be shocked if he signed with the Cubs. He wants to be a winner and he also wants to get paid. He could only accomplish 1 of the 2 if he signed with the Cubs.

I think it's a shot across the Cardinals bow. Pujols himself said he knew it would cause some media stuff when he did it.

Innocent? In some senses, yeah. But I think he also knew it woul.d help ease open the Cardinals pocket book. After all, there could be nothing worse then Pujols signing with the Cubs

Magdal
05-13-2011, 06:05 PM
I wouldn't be shocked if Pujols signs with someone else, but I would be shocked if he signed with the Cubs. He wants to be a winner and he also wants to get paid. He could only accomplish 1 of the 2 if he signed with the Cubs.

I think it's a shot across the Cardinals bow. Pujols himself said he knew it would cause some media stuff when he did it.

Innocent? In some senses, yeah. But I think he also knew it woul.d help ease open the Cardinals pocket book. After all, there could be nothing worse then Pujols signing with the CubsYes there could...signing with the Cardinals.

Vottomatic
05-14-2011, 12:39 PM
Albert doesn't look like his old self. I used to fear him coming to the plate. Now, I'm more worried about Holliday.

Defacto
05-14-2011, 06:19 PM
This is a huge non-story.

DocRed
05-14-2011, 06:54 PM
Hopefully he gets what he deserves from the Cubs or someone else....it's a crime the crappy contract he signed with the Cards.

Magdal
05-14-2011, 09:33 PM
Hopefully he gets what he deserves from the Cubs or someone else....it's a crime the crappy contract he signed with the Cards.At the time he signed it, it was good. Other rediculas salaries have devalued it.

Magdal
05-14-2011, 09:37 PM
Albert doesn't look like his old self. I used to fear him coming to the plate. Now, I'm more worried about Holliday.I told you boys that weeks ago. Wait 'till you see him and judge for yourself, I said. You see him. At least YOU are getting the picture Votto.

Vottomatic
05-15-2011, 10:19 AM
You're seeing the decline of the Cardinals franchise right before your eyes.

Pujols isn't the same.
Berkman is coming back to earth and age is catching up to him after a momentary hot start.
Larussa will retire after this season.
Holliday won't have any protection in the lineup.
Their farm system is in shambles.

It's a wonderful time to be a Reds fan. :D

Fireball
05-15-2011, 10:26 AM
If you seriously think that Pujols isn't going to have Pujols-like numbers at the end of the year, you're kidding yourself. Yes, the guy is not hitting like himself right now, but by the end of the year, he'll have his usual 40 bombs, 110+ RBI's, and near-1.000 (if not over) OPS.

You just hope he gets out of town before he gets hot.

Magdal
05-15-2011, 12:31 PM
You're seeing the decline of the Cardinals franchise right before your eyes.

Pujols isn't the same.
Berkman is coming back to earth and age is catching up to him after a momentary hot start.
Larussa will retire after this season.
Holliday won't have any protection in the lineup.
Their farm system is in shambles.

It's a wonderful time to be a Reds fan. :DYou forgot about old man Carpenter.:D

arkimadee
05-15-2011, 12:35 PM
Off Topic: Was listening to Colin Cowherd on Friday and he reported that Hendry was fired and then went to break. Then he came back and said he misread the information and that Hendry was safely employed. I bet he got his butt ripped on that one because you know how ESPN thrives itself on getting the right info on the air.

jwmann2
05-15-2011, 02:20 PM
Unacceptable. Could you see Derek Jeter giving Francona a hug? Absolutely not. Kind of silly that this is news, but a hand shake would have been just fine.