PDA

View Full Version : 10 moves within that makes this team better

brm7675
05-13-2011, 12:12 PM
Okay you are the GM, what 10 moves would you make within the organization right now to improve this team. you can't make any trades, just move around players you already have. My 5 would be:

1. DFA Edgar
2. Demote EV
3. Demote Chapman
4. Move Leake back into rotation
5. Recall Jose A and put in pen
6. Bring rolen off DL
7. Keep Valikea on roster as your backup infielder
8. DFA Gomes
9. Recall Malloney
10. Leave Fransico in AAA

Hillsdale87
05-13-2011, 12:19 PM
Okay you are the GM, what 10 moves would you make within the organization right now to improve this team. you can't make any trades, just move around players you already have. My 5 would be:

1. DFA Edgar
2. Demote EV
3. Demote Chapman
6. Bring rolen off DL
8. DFA Gomes
9. Recall Malloney

1. Why DFA Edgar? He's struggled so far in the field, but he hasn't been so bad that I'd want to cut him yet. Also, who would you like to take his place?
2. I would like to see this happen for a couple starts. It seems like Volquez thinks that he hasn't done his job if he doesn't get a swing and miss. I'd like to see him pitch in a (relatively) meaningless game where he's forced to throw strikes. His stuff is good enough that he'll get outs keeping the ball in the zone.
4. I'd rather see Leake in Louisville. I think he has a future in the rotation, but I'm not sure he's ready yet. I'm fine with him in for a couple starts, but I'd rather he dominate in AAA and build more confidence.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 12:28 PM
1. Why DFA Edgar? He's struggled so far in the field, but he hasn't been so bad that I'd want to cut him yet. Also, who would you like to take his place?
2. I would like to see this happen for a couple starts. It seems like Volquez thinks that he hasn't done his job if he doesn't get a swing and miss. I'd like to see him pitch in a (relatively) meaningless game where he's forced to throw strikes. His stuff is good enough that he'll get outs keeping the ball in the zone.
4. I'd rather see Leake in Louisville. I think he has a future in the rotation, but I'm not sure he's ready yet. I'm fine with him in for a couple starts, but I'd rather he dominate in AAA and build more confidence.

1. Chris Valieka, he plays more positions, is better in the field and can't be anyworse at the plate then Edgar has been.

4. How is Leake not ready for the majors? He gets hitters out, he wins games on the major league level. How would him getting AAA players out 'boost' his confidence?

Kiss the Baby00
05-13-2011, 12:58 PM
1. Chris Valieka, he plays more positions, is better in the field and can't be anyworse at the plate then Edgar has been.

4. How is Leake not ready for the majors? He gets hitters out, he wins games on the major league level. How would him getting AAA players out 'boost' his confidence?

Edgar has a walk off GW hit this season so far. also we dont have any play by the name of Chris Valieka in our system.

Leake's ERA is over 5. that is why he isnt ready for the majors. Id rather keep rolling EV out there then put Leake into the rotation again.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 01:02 PM
Edgar has a walk off GW hit this season so far. also we dont have any play by the name of Chris Valieka in our system.

Leake's ERA is over 5. that is why he isnt ready for the majors. Id rather keep rolling EV out there then put Leake into the rotation again.

Sorry can't spell Chris's last name but you know whom I am speaking of. And wow you are keeping an old out of shape can't play guy like Edgar because he has 1 GW hit...ouch

How have the Reds done in Leakes games? Also remove the one horrible outing and that ERA goes down. Right now EV can't find the plate, give me a pitcher who is going to keep us in games and last more then 4 innings an outing....

Kiss the Baby00
05-13-2011, 01:10 PM
Sorry can't spell Chris's last name but you know whom I am speaking of. And wow you are keeping an old out of shape can't play guy like Edgar because he has 1 GW hit...ouch

How have the Reds done in Leakes games? Also remove the one horrible outing and that ERA goes down. Right now EV can't find the plate, give me a pitcher who is going to keep us in games and last more then 4 innings an outing....

Leake's ERA is 6.24 since June 10th of 2010. No, you can't take out one of Leake's bad starts to lower his ERA to favor your argument. That is not how it works.

I will make a proposition to you. If the Reds DFA Edgar Renteria before the All- Star game of 2011, I will never post on this forum again. If they keep him past the ASG you never post on this forum again. Deal?

brm7675
05-13-2011, 01:18 PM
Leake's ERA is 6.24 since June 10th of 2010. No, you can't take out one of Leake's bad starts to lower his ERA to favor your argument. That is not how it works.

I will make a proposition to you. If the Reds DFA Edgar Renteria before the All- Star game of 2011, I will never post on this forum again. If they keep him past the ASG you never post on this forum again. Deal?

No I said moves I would make. Edgar will be here all season because Walt and Dusty are idiots. Why either one think carrying a useless non team player on the roster over someone like Chris V. who brings so much more to the table is beyond me. To see Edgar play SS is so dam horrible it's not funny, the man can not play anymore and this whole veteran leadership crap that Dusty spews is just that crap. Give me a player who plays incredible D, can play 3 positions (something Edgar refuses to do) and can hit and has a future then it's a no brainer...

you think Leake's ERA is high now, watch as EV and EC raise near 8 with the way they are pitching...

Kiss the Baby00
05-13-2011, 01:19 PM
No I said moves I would make. Edgar will be here all season because Walt and Dusty are idiots. Why either one think carrying a useless non team player on the roster over someone like Chris V. who brings so much more to the table is beyond me. To see Edgar play SS is so dam horrible it's not funny, the man can not play anymore and this whole veteran leadership crap that Dusty spews is just that crap. Give me a player who plays incredible D, can play 3 positions (something Edgar refuses to do) and can hit and has a future then it's a no brainer...

you think Leake's ERA is high now, watch as EV and EC raise near 8 with the way they are pitching...

Who is EC?

Kiss the Baby00
05-13-2011, 01:25 PM

I give you stats to back up my arguments and you spew opinions w no facts or evidence to back it up. Baseball is a numbers game. Give me some numbers to back up why you think we should make these ridiculous moves.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 01:29 PM
I give you stats to back up my arguments and you spew opinions w no facts or evidence to back it up. Baseball is a numbers game. Give me some numbers to back up why you think we should make these ridiculous moves.

Leake I believe is 3-1
Chapman has an inning to walk ration like 12/11
EV last four innings his last outing and before that struggled to get to the 6th and usually had the Reds down by multiple runs before we even hit.
JFran wont' see playing time

Stray
05-13-2011, 01:29 PM

1. DFA Edgar
2. Demote EV
3. Demote Chapman
6. Bring rolen off DL
8. DFA Gomes
9. Recall Malloney

1. Not a chance. A veteran backup with postseason experience and a knack for getting big hits...his age is showing more now that we've been dealing with an abnormal amount of injuries. He's perfect for his natural role on this team.
2. On the fence here. We're starting a brutal stretch of games without an off day and we can't afford Volquez to be a 4 inning starter. If Price believes there is a mechanical flaw I would be in favor of sending him down for 2-3 starts to change those mechanics.
3. No. He's had what, 3 or 4 straight bad games? Before that he was lights out. Look at Masset who started the year getting hit all over the place...he settled back into his groove and is as nasty as ever. If this trend continues with Chapman then I will change my mind, but I think we need to give it a little more time.
4. If 2 happens then yeah I obviously agree. Leake for whatever reason gets a lot of love when he's proven to be about as on or off as Volquez. Sometimes Leake goes out and can hardly get anyone out...only difference is Volquez is walking guys while Leake gets rocked.
5. Yes
6. Well I would assume Rolen and the Reds want to have him back in the lineup as soon as possible. He's been injured, when he comes back he's ready.
7. Nah, not when everyone is healthy.
8. If Gomes keeps playing this way he's going to work himself out of his job up here.
9. Ehh...depending on what happens with Volquez I'm not sure. I like Lecure as a long man.
10. He's proven himself at that level, when he's healthy I'd like to see him get an extended chance. I realize he was bad before the injury but that wasn't a real sample size.

Kiss the Baby00
05-13-2011, 01:32 PM
Leake I believe is 3-1
EV last four innings his last outing and before that struggled to get to the 6th and usually had the Reds down by multiple runs before we even hit.

WOWOWOW you actually think bringing up win-loss record in a pitching argument is a valid point. That is great stuff. :laugh: :lol::eek::D:rolleyes::explode::explode::explode:

Vottomatic
05-13-2011, 01:38 PM

1. DFA Edgar
2. Demote EV
3. Demote Chapman
6. Bring rolen off DL
8. DFA Gomes
9. Recall Malloney

1. I wasn't in favor of signing him, but I don't want to DFA him. He hasn't been bad. Probably better than I expected. As long as Dusty plays Janish most of the time, I'm fine ER.
2. Agree. Demote EV, and tell him when he walks one or less per start and is efficient with his pitches, then he can return to the major league roster.
3. Agree. Demote Chapman and tell him when he can get the ball over the plate, then he too can return to the majors.
4. Agree. I don't get the Leake boo-birds.
5. Agree. Need a reliable bullpen guy.
6. Agree.
7. Disagree. Bring Francisco off the DL and play him 2 out of every 7 games. Rolen starts 5, Francisco starts 2 at third base. Need to see what he can do and keep Rolen fresh. Valaika back to Louisville.
8. I like Jonny as a person and think he is good for clubhouse chemistry. I don't want to DFA him. His contract is up after this year. I just make a rule with Dusty that Gomes is strictly a pinch hitter and he can start once in every 7 games. Heisey and Lewis should be platooning in LF.
9. Huh? Don't get that move.
10. Disagree. See #7.

:thumbup:

CySeymour
05-13-2011, 01:39 PM
Leake I believe is 3-1

Volquez is 3-1, as well. So by that logic, why demote Edinson?

brm7675
05-13-2011, 01:45 PM
1. Not a chance. A veteran backup with postseason experience and a knack for getting big hits...his age is showing more now that we've been dealing with an abnormal amount of injuries. He's perfect for his natural role on this team.

We have a "veteran" backup his name is Cairo. We need talented players who are willing to do what is in the best interest of the team, not himself.

3. No. He's had what, 3 or 4 straight bad games? Before that he was lights out. Look at Masset who started the year getting hit all over the place...he settled back into his groove and is as nasty as ever. If this trend continues with Chapman then I will change my mind, but I think we need to give it a little more time.

let me ask you this...right now would you feel comfortable in a tight game to bring AC in to pitch? I wouldn't so you leaving him out there to do nothing which is just bad baseball.

7. Nah, not when everyone is healthy.

Why he is younger and better and more versitle then anyone else on the bench

8. If Gomes keeps playing this way he's going to work himself out of his job up here.

I wish you were right, but Gomes will be the everyday LF this season, Dusty I believe has a man crush on him.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 01:45 PM
Volquez is 3-1, as well. So by that logic, why demote Edinson?

Because right now EV can't throw strikes and last time I checked that is kinda important.

signalhome
05-13-2011, 01:50 PM
2. Agree. Demote EV, and tell him when he walks one or less per start and is efficient with his pitches, then he can return to the major league roster.

Volquez will never be someone who walks one or less per start. As high as his K/9 is, to be effective, he simply needs to keep his BB/9 around 4.00 (roughly a little under three walks per start, depending on IP, obviously). He did that in 2008 (4.27), and he was a very good pitcher. This year, however, his BB/9 is up to 7.02, which is beyond the realm of saving with any K/9.

signalhome
05-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Because right now EV can't throw strikes and last time I checked that is kinda important.

He was trying to point out the fallacy in using W-L record in your argument, I believe.

Stray
05-13-2011, 01:54 PM
We have a "veteran" backup his name is Cairo. We need talented players who are willing to do what is in the best interest of the team, not himself.

let me ask you this...right now would you feel comfortable in a tight game to bring AC in to pitch? I wouldn't so you leaving him out there to do nothing which is just bad baseball.

Why he is younger and better and more versitle then anyone else on the bench

I wish you were right, but Gomes will be the everyday LF this season, Dusty I believe has a man crush on him.

1. Because I don't think Renteria has played himself off of he team. His age and weaknesses show with our injuries but he is a perfect fit for what we signed him for.
2. Hard to say. Not nearly as comfortable as I was say 3 weeks ago, but I've seen a lot of relievers go in and out of nasty slumps. It's not like he's been bad all season. Like I said, if he has another couple of bad outings then I will definitely be in favor of it.
3. Younger, yes. Better, I'm not sure how you can say that. Like has been discussed on this board recently, I think it's a little of the backup QB syndrome.
4. If Gomes keeps hitting like he is he won't be the everyday LFer. I think we'll see more of Heisey and Lewis sooner rather than later.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 01:55 PM
WOWOWOW you actually think bringing up win-loss record in a pitching argument is a valid point. That is great stuff. :laugh: :lol::eek::D:rolleyes::explode::explode::explode:

no there are others and Leake is better right now then EV in those also. Until I can see EV go 6+ innings and give up fewer then 1-2 walks a game and NOT put this team in a bind from teh first inning on he is in Lousiville and I go with Leake. Leake has had

4 out of 6 starts of 6+ innings
4 out of 6 starts of 3 ER or less
5 out of 6 starts with 2 walks or less per outing
5 out of 6 starts with 1 or fewer HR allowed
3 out of 6 starts with 4 hits or less allowed

So yep I will take that over what EV brings to the table right now every day and twice on Sunday's.

CySeymour
05-13-2011, 02:01 PM
He was trying to point out the fallacy in using W-L record in your argument, I believe.

:thumbup:

brm7675
05-13-2011, 02:05 PM
1. Because I don't think Renteria has played himself off of he team. His age and weaknesses show with our injuries but he is a perfect fit for what we signed him for.

He can't field (has almost half the teams E already this season) brings no real pop with his bat. He should have never been on this team in the first place.

2. Hard to say. Not nearly as comfortable as I was say 3 weeks ago, but I've seen a lot of relievers go in and out of nasty slumps. It's not like he's been bad all season. Like I said, if he has another couple of bad outings then I will definitely be in favor of it.

So if you are the manager and we have say a 3-2 lead vs. the Cards tonight in the 7th inning do you bring him in? If not then you can't have him out in the bullpen.

3. Younger, yes. Better, I'm not sure how you can say that. Like has been discussed on this board recently, I think it's a little of the backup QB syndrome.

Have you seen the kid play? Just his defense and ability to play 3 positions makes him a better bench player then Edgar who can't play any infield position

4. If Gomes keeps hitting like he is he won't be the everyday LFer. I think we'll see more of Heisey and Lewis sooner rather than later.

I hope you are right but there is so much history that says otherwise. For whatever reason Dusty loves Gomes and not only continues to play him, but bats him in key slots. I just don't see Dusty changing.

signalhome
05-13-2011, 02:10 PM
Until I can see EV go 6+ innings and give up fewer then 1-2 walks a game and NOT put this team in a bind from teh first inning on he is in Lousiville and I go with Leake.

As I stated earlier, you are never going to see Volquez do that. That's not the kind of pitcher he is. He isn't a Greg Maddux (career 1.80 BB/9), he's more of a Nolan Ryan* (career 4.67 BB/9). Both pitchers were successful, albeit in completely different ways. Asking Volquez to only walk one batter per start would be akin to asking your low-power speedster (think Michael Borne) to go up and slug one out of the park. It's not within their skill set, and it's not from there that they derive their value. Guys like Leake and Maddux are good because they keep their BB/9 low, which offsets the fact they don't strike out many batters. Guys like Volquez and Ryan are good because they strike out a lot of batters, which helps to offset their very high BB/9. It's possible for people to have equivalent value as pitchers while arriving there by very different means, as Ryan and Maddux proved (nearly identical career ERAs, with Ryan having the slightly better FIP). You may have a preference for one style of pitcher over the other, but that doesn't change the fact that both are effective.

*Disclaimer: I am nor proclaiming Volquez to be the next coming of Nolan Ryan. I'm just saying they are similar pitchers in the way that they arrive at being effective.

Hillsdale87
05-13-2011, 03:13 PM
I like Valaika, but I'd have to agree with the idea of the backup QB syndrome. This is a guy who plays good, not great defense, and has been a quality hitter in the minors, but nothing spectacular. I don't see him as a significant upgrade over Renteria. Neither guy is going to get a ton of playing time, but it has been forced on them recently because the first 4 3B on our depth chart have been injured. The role that they will have is as occasional spot starter and pinch hitter, and I would much rather have Renteria coming off the bench late in games mainly because of his experience.

Redsnake
05-13-2011, 03:14 PM
I'll just give my top 5.

1) Alonso comes up to play LF regularly. Gomes goes to the bench or Louisville.
2) Chapman demoted and Jose Arrend. is promoted.
3) Rolen off the DL and F.Lewis demoted.
4) Trade Leake, LeClure, Wood, Danny Dorn and Frazier to Seattle for Felix Hernandez. 3 ML pitchers and two top 20 prospects. Is it enough?!?
5) Trade Cozart, Malloney and Jordan Smith to the Mets for Jose Reyes.

1) Reyes SS
2) Stubbs CF
3) Votto 1B
4) Phillips 2B
5) Rolen 3B
6) Bruce RF
7) Yonder LF
8) Hanigan/Hernandez

#1 Felix
#2 Bailey
#3 Arroyo
#4 Cueto
#5 Edison

Just my thoughts. :D

Hillsdale87
05-13-2011, 03:16 PM
I'll just give my top 5.

4) Trade Leake, LeClure, Wood, Danny Dorn and Frazier to Seattle for Felix Hernandez. 3 ML pitchers and two top 20 prospects. Is it enough?!?

1) Reyes SS
2) Stubbs CF
3) Votto 1B
4) Phillips 2B
5) Rolen 3B
6) Bruce RF
7) Yonder LF
8) Hanigan/Hernandez

#1 Felix
#2 Bailey
#3 Arroyo
#4 Cueto
#5 Edison

Just my thoughts. :D

Does this plan also include finding a winning lottery ticket? Where is the extra $30 MM going to come from?

brm7675
05-13-2011, 03:18 PM
I like Valaika, but I'd have to agree with the idea of the backup QB syndrome. This is a guy who plays good, not great defense, and has been a quality hitter in the minors, but nothing spectacular. I don't see him as a significant upgrade over Renteria. Neither guy is going to get a ton of playing time, but it has been forced on them recently because the first 4 3B on our depth chart have been injured. The role that they will have is as occasional spot starter and pinch hitter, and I would much rather have Renteria coming off the bench late in games mainly because of his experience.

Just the sheer issue that Valaika will and can play 3 positions (2nd/SS/3rd) and Edgar refuses to play anything more then SS makes Valaika even more valueable to the Reds. To me this is a no brainer...:thumbup:

brm7675
05-13-2011, 03:21 PM
I'll just give my top 5.

Alonso needs more seasoning at AAA in LF, from reports he makes Gomes look like Mays in the OF. Maybe next year for Alonso

agree

why demote Lewis?

No way I make that deal, you don't part with 3 pitchers of which 2 will be good ml pitchers for a single pitcher who has already had arm issues.

No way Mets would make that deal.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 03:22 PM
As I stated earlier, you are never going to see Volquez do that. That's not the kind of pitcher he is. He isn't a Greg Maddux (career 1.80 BB/9), he's more of a Nolan Ryan* (career 4.67 BB/9). Both pitchers were successful, albeit in completely different ways. Asking Volquez to only walk one batter per start would be akin to asking your low-power speedster (think Michael Borne) to go up and slug one out of the park. It's not within their skill set, and it's not from there that they derive their value. Guys like Leake and Maddux are good because they keep their BB/9 low, which offsets the fact they don't strike out many batters. Guys like Volquez and Ryan are good because they strike out a lot of batters, which helps to offset their very high BB/9. It's possible for people to have equivalent value as pitchers while arriving there by very different means, as Ryan and Maddux proved (nearly identical career ERAs, with Ryan having the slightly better FIP). You may have a preference for one style of pitcher over the other, but that doesn't change the fact that both are effective.

*Disclaimer: I am nor proclaiming Volquez to be the next coming of Nolan Ryan. I'm just saying they are similar pitchers in the way that they arrive at being effective.

If EV can't his per walk per game ratio down to around 2 maybe 3 per game, then I deal him now.

Cant Touch This
05-13-2011, 03:25 PM
No to #9. Please no.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 03:49 PM
No to #9. Please no.

Why malloney would work well out of the bullpen.

Kiss the Baby00
05-13-2011, 03:51 PM
Is there an ignore user feature?

markymark69
05-13-2011, 04:23 PM

Go to User CP then click on Edit Ignore List then type or paste username and hit okay.

It works - it's what I've done.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 05:10 PM

What you can't handle the truth....:confused:

Kiss the Baby00
05-13-2011, 05:26 PM
What you can't handle the truth....:confused:

You just spout opinions w no facts to back it up. You ignore logic and statistics. There is no point in discussing Reds baseball with you.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 05:42 PM
You just spout opinions w no facts to back it up. You ignore logic and statistics. There is no point in discussing Reds baseball with you.

no i provided you with stats and you just don't agree with them. You don't like Leake and no stat provided will change your mind. If Leake is so bad why did the Reds waste a number 1 pick on him? If he is so bad how has he been able to be as successful as he has been with very limited pro ball experience.

As for EV, if you can sit and watch him and think he will be okay, then you really need to get your eyes examined. He needs to work on his delivery motion and such and you can't do that on the major league level.

As for AC, to invest the monies the Reds did and not provide this kid with good fundemental training is just stupid. He is NOT ready to pitch on the major league level. He flashes moments of greatness but unlike Leake he has no foundation to build off of.

BluegrassRedleg
05-14-2011, 07:01 PM

1. DFA Edgar
2. Demote EV
3. Demote Chapman
6. Bring rolen off DL
8. DFA Gomes
9. Recall Malloney

You're hitting .300, but somehow it doesn't feel the same. :D

RedLegsToday
05-14-2011, 07:11 PM
5 has happened also, hasn't it?

DocRed
05-14-2011, 07:13 PM
I stopped reading after #1 which makes no sense at all...

Vottomatic
05-14-2011, 07:19 PM
Acquire Carlos Beltran to hit behind Votto and play LF.

He hit three home runs against Colorado on Thursday and in his last 12 games has five homers, five doubles and 14 RBIs.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/news;_ylt=ApHdvp7EoA65jqtOTX6_o_cRvLYF?slug=ap-mets-beltran

NatiWolfpack24
05-14-2011, 07:42 PM
BRM is ignorant period

Redeye fly
05-15-2011, 12:32 AM
no i provided you with stats and you just don't agree with them. You don't like Leake and no stat provided will change your mind. If Leake is so bad why did the Reds waste a number 1 pick on him? If he is so bad how has he been able to be as successful as he has been with very limited pro ball experience.

First of all, I have yet to see anyone say that Leake is bad. I think pretty much every Reds fan likes Mike Leake. The only point of dispute is whether or not he's one of the five best options right now for the major league rotation. But are you really trying to say that Leake has to be pretty good just because he was a number 1 pick? I guess that means Ryan Wagner and David Espinosa were both really good. The same goes for Brandon Larson, Chad Mottola and John Oliver (who?) Or how about guys like Jack Armstrong or Scott Scudder? Yeah they had their moments, but they were few and far between... particularly for Scudder. Those are just Reds draft picks too. Every year, in every draft, in every sport there are first round picks who disappoint and are indeed pretty much wasted first round picks.

As for EV, if you can sit and watch him and think he will be okay, then you really need to get your eyes examined. He needs to work on his delivery motion and such and you can't do that on the major league level.

As for AC, to invest the monies the Reds did and not provide this kid with good fundemental training is just stupid. He is NOT ready to pitch on the major league level. He flashes moments of greatness but unlike Leake he has no foundation to build off of.

5TimeWSChamps
05-16-2011, 05:41 PM

1. DFA Edgar
2. Demote EV
3. Demote Chapman
6. Bring rolen off DL
8. DFA Gomes
9. Recall Malloney

Umm false.

1. Absolutely not. The guy is a great clubhouse guy, is clutch as clutch can be and has postseason experience, which if you saw the playoffs last year, this team could use more playersl ike him.
2. I don't know what to do with him, but you gotta think he's got MAYBE one start left to turn this around.
3. Put him on the DL, don't demote him.
4. No, he needs to be in AAA where he will start every day.
5. Agreed, for Leake. 4 and 5 go hand in hand
6. Done
7. I would say yes, but not at the expense of Renteria. If we didn't have Cairo and Edgar, I'd be for it, but you don't need 3 backup IF's on your roster.
8. I'd just cut his playing time by 95%. He is someone that seems to have the team's respect. I like Heisey/Lewis more in the field
9. Absolutely not, he is a less glorified Eric Milton
10. Agreed 100%, he's the left handed Wily Mo Pena

brm7675
05-16-2011, 05:53 PM
I stopped reading after #1 which makes no sense at all...

Simple, you have a younger, cheaper and better choice with Chris V., what is not to understand?

5TimeWSChamps
05-16-2011, 05:55 PM
Simple, you have a younger, cheaper and better choice with Chris V., what is not to understand?

What has Chris V done in limited playing time to prove he deserves a roster spot over 2 time WS champ, WS MVP, widely considered a great teammate, etc, etc

A .278/.304/.407 split in 57 career at-bats? With a whopping 4 career xbh?

No thanks

brm7675
05-16-2011, 05:58 PM
Umm false.

1. Absolutely not. The guy is a great clubhouse guy, is clutch as clutch can be and has postseason experience, which if you saw the playoffs last year, this team could use more playersl ike him.

If he is such a "clubhouse" guy then why does he refuse to play 3rd or another other position then SS? Also we have clubhouse guys, why take up a roster spot for that reason?

2. I don't know what to do with him, but you gotta think he's got MAYBE one start left to turn this around.

If I saw improvement I would agree but there hasn't been, let him work out his kinks in AAA where it does no harm.

3. Put him on the DL, don't demote him.

Well they did today, but what is wrong with demoting him, he needs to work on things and you can't do that on the major league level. He is not cut out to be a middle innings bullpen guy, let him begin his move to a quality starter.

9. Absolutely not, he is a less glorified Eric Milton

According to whom? also he would work out of the pen not as a starter.

brm7675
05-16-2011, 06:02 PM
What has Chris V done in limited playing time to prove he deserves a roster spot over 2 time WS champ, WS MVP, widely considered a great teammate, etc, etc

A .278/.304/.407 split in 57 career at-bats? With a whopping 4 career xbh?

No thanks

He is younger, a much better fielder and can hit. I don't give a rats butt on someone who was on a team that won a world series and did very little to contribute to the overall performance of said team (SF) and wow WS MVP..so what. He is NOT a team player, He can't field his position and he brings nothing to this team that Chris can't do better.

Also if Edgar is so darn "valueable" then why didn't the Giants keep him...I mean really how could they let their WS MVP go if he is so darn good...

5TimeWSChamps
05-16-2011, 06:40 PM
WHY WOULD JOCKETTY TRADE ENCARNACION FOR ROLEN!?!? ROLEN IS OLD, ENCARNACION IS YOUNGER AND CHEAPER!!!!!

Signed,

brm7675 circa 2009 :rolleyes:

brm7675
05-16-2011, 06:45 PM
WHY WOULD JOCKETTY TRADE ENCARNACION FOR ROLEN!?!? ROLEN IS OLD, ENCARNACION IS YOUNGER AND CHEAPER!!!!!

Signed,

brm7675 circa 2009 :rolleyes:

Because Rolen is better, just like Chris is better then Edgar AND he is younger and cheaper. Again the idea is to play your best players, Edgar is NOT better then Chris V.

Vottomatic
05-16-2011, 07:31 PM
I'm starting to think brm and Kingspoint are brothers.

Not that there's anything wrong with that. :eek: