PDA

View Full Version : Home Sunday night game...

brm7675
05-13-2011, 06:10 PM
As with the Monday night game in the NFL is the key TV game each week, I think it's safe to say the "Sunday' night game on ESPN is the big TV game each week. Well we have been on once AT St. Louis and now we will be on again on June 12th AT SF. So when do the Reds get to host a Sunday night TV game this season....:confused:

mroby85
05-13-2011, 06:21 PM
Other people here may feel different than me, but I dont really get that same feel about Sunday Night Baseball. In my opinion I think what sets Monday Night Football apart is that you're THE game that day in the entire league. At least for me, I don't really get that excited if they have a Sunday Night home game, just because they're basically going to play at the same time anyway, maybe an hour later than usual. Again, other people might feel different about it, thats just my take. They also have a Fox game tomorrow.

brm7675
05-13-2011, 06:24 PM
Other people here may feel different than me, but I dont really get that same feel about Sunday Night Baseball. In my opinion I think what sets Monday Night Football apart is that you're THE game that day in the entire league. At least for me, I don't really get that excited if they have a Sunday Night home game, just because they're basically going to play at the same time anyway, maybe an hour later than usual. Again, other people might feel different about it, thats just my take. They also have a Fox game tomorrow.

True but it is the one game that gets National exposure. The Fox game is nice but they offer regional games on those. The Sunday night game is the one time YOU and only YOu are on and get the press. It's one of the key ways you can showcase players like Votto and Phillips and such to the country which may help things like All Star voting.

davereds24
05-13-2011, 06:39 PM

There is only 1 sunday night baseball game each week. I believe normal Sunday start is 1pm, Sunday night baseball is 8pm. Would be nice to get a game so we can hear them talk about the city.

knoonan991
05-13-2011, 07:13 PM
Does anyone know if the addition of this game will cause FSO to pick up a day game prior to June 12th?

jhiller21
05-14-2011, 12:22 AM
I think every Sunday game should be played during the day.

Sunday games should be 'throwback games' at GABP. Organ music only, $1.00 dogs, and the old fashioned "walks will haunt" and "charge!" images on the scoreboard.

mroby85
05-14-2011, 12:25 AM
I think every Sunday game should be played during the day.

Sunday games should be 'throwback games' at GABP. Organ music only, $1.00 dogs, and the old fashioned "walks will haunt" and "charge!" images on the scoreboard.

Have you seen the new "walks will haunt" thing they've brought back this year? haha it's pretty sweet.

You guys are right about only 1 game at that time, I didn't really look at it from that perspective.

jhiller21
05-14-2011, 12:28 AM
Have you seen the new "walks will haunt" thing they've brought back this year? haha it's pretty sweet.

You guys are right about only 1 game at that time, I didn't really look at it from that perspective.

Do they still have the spooky ghost with the circle mouth?

mroby85
05-14-2011, 02:28 AM
Here it is, I took a pic of the new one at the game to post on a friends wall because we always used to say that growing up when we would play ball, and I figured he would get a kick out of it, lol.

Fireball
05-14-2011, 10:46 AM
I do love the new Walks Will Haunt graphic. The one with Gapper covered in a sheet was horribly lame.

The next thing to fix is the new Mr. Red race. That thing is awful.