PDA

View Full Version : Props to Brandon Phillips

Todd Gack
05-14-2011, 08:41 AM
I loved your hustle trying to go from first to third in the 2nd inning last night. I know you were thrown out by a mile, but I appreciate the hustle you showed. It says a lot about you as a baseball player and you can finally realize your full potential now that you've displayed the hustleness of a champion.

mroby85
05-14-2011, 09:08 AM
I loved your hustle trying to go from first to third in the 2nd inning last night. I know you were thrown out by a mile, but I appreciate the hustle you showed. It says a lot about you as a baseball player and you can finally realize your full potential now that you've displayed the hustleness of a champion.

I think you need to hustle with a brain, I hated that play and it made me irate when it happened. "Never make the 1st or 3rd out at 3rd base." He really didn't stand to gain that much by trying to stretch that play to third. I like Phillips, but didn't like this play at all. I would consider it more of a bonehead play than hustle.

Fireball
05-14-2011, 10:40 AM

Love the hustle, but that doesn't make it any less of a stupid play, especially with two outs in the inning.

ntorvik
05-14-2011, 11:01 AM
It's all right, he made up for it in the 10th now didn't he? You could look at it as, maybe he wouldn't have had to, but he came through in the clutch for us there.

ntorvik
05-14-2011, 11:13 AM
It's all right, he made up for it in the 10th now didn't he? You could look at it as, maybe he wouldn't have had to, but he came through in the clutch for us there.

by the 10th I meant 9th...oops!

Krawhitham
05-14-2011, 11:54 AM

to bad he did not hustle out of the box in the 9th, he should have been on 2nd. Watch the replay he just stands there watching the ball for like 3-4 seconds, then he jogs down to 1st

signalhome
05-14-2011, 01:31 PM

As Ryan Freel taught us, there's a difference between hustling and just doing something stupid.

This was the latter. As a previous poster pointed out, there was very little to gain from advancing to third. There were already two outs in the inning.

CrosleyField
05-14-2011, 09:06 PM
4-7 so far against the Cards. Maybe he does deserve some props?