PDA

View Full Version : The Thread of LOL Cubs

The DARK
05-17-2011, 11:20 PM
At this point, it deserves its own thread. Post whenever the Cubs have a particularly Cubs-esque moment.

Such as giving up 6 unearned runs on 4 errors (including two on one play) to lose 2 separate leads during the game. :lol:

The DARK
05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
And what gems of pictures they have too!

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/09/20/amd_cubs_alfonso_soriano.jpg

Who Dey Time
05-17-2011, 11:43 PM
The Cubs are pathetic defensively but I think we really need to appreciate how solid the Reds are in this area. There will be some errors here and there but, overall, you would not see the Reds make some of the basic fundamental mistakes that the Cubs (and Cardinals) have made over the last five games.

The DARK
05-18-2011, 12:12 AM
The Cubs are pathetic defensively but I think we really need to appreciate how solid the Reds are in this area. There will be some errors here and there but, overall, you would not see the Reds make some of the basic fundamental mistakes that the Cubs (and Cardinals) have made over the last five games.

Agreed. It's nice to see management that considers defense and sound fundamentals essentials, rather than sideshows to the big bats (note how Alonso hasn't been called up yet). It pays off with guys like Phillips and Janish, who can pull off a double play every other inning and genuinely excite fans with the crazy plays they make. In a lot of ways, great defensive plays are more exciting than home runs, because they leave fans thinking they've seen something unique and spectacular.

10xWSChamps
05-18-2011, 01:11 AM
Soriano is the worst fielder I have ever seen. Cubs are paying like 18 million a year to a good DH to play left field. He also just doesn't care very much. It's like he smokes a bunch of pot before he goes out to play, he's just so lazy and apathetic out there.

arkimadee
05-18-2011, 01:16 AM
Hate kicking anyone while they are down. We were where they are for about 10 years. I guess the Cards rivalry had given me a softer spot for the Cubs.

Moosie52
05-18-2011, 08:37 AM
Well, thank God the Cubs stink. With their money they could be really good. Plus, they show some games with the Reds on WGN that I can't get on Fox Indiana, so here's to the Cubs! Glad to have you in the division.

Grouse
05-18-2011, 12:56 PM
I'm just glad were in this division, it stinks, and we should win it.

Captain13
05-18-2011, 01:21 PM
Soriano is the worst fielder I have ever seen. Cubs are paying like 18 million a year to a good DH to play left field. He also just doesn't care very much. It's like he smokes a bunch of pot before he goes out to play, he's just so lazy and apathetic out there.

This coming from a fan who has seen Wily Mo Pena, Adam Dunn, and Edwin Encarnacion in the last 5 years. :eek:

mroby85
05-18-2011, 02:09 PM
YouTube - Go Cubs Go parody (Choke Cubs Choke) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NrobcJa_EV8)

YouTube - Cub Fans: Please Stop Believing (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKraecWnTs&feature=related)