PDA

View Full Version : Tony La Russa slams Reds broadcaster

ChaseReds
05-18-2011, 09:33 AM
And it continues!

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=6560905

mikdavrut
05-18-2011, 09:45 AM
Ah, good ole Tony! He taught his "boys" how to be just like him! So I'm sure he does hate it that Marty called ole Priss out on his BS. Cause, basically, he's calling Tony out as well since Tony is not any different.

I LOVE it. I was cracking up, I think it was during Saturdays game. I went to my car to have a smoke as I don't smoke in mine or anyone else's home and was listening to Marty on the radio while in my car. He was reading a "hate" letter someone had written him and seemed to be having a whole lot of fun with it! This particular persons letter was really letting him have it too! :D And Brenneman read it piece by piece, responding to various parts of it. Really seemed to be good humored about the whole thing to be honest.

Of course, I'm a HUGE Marty fan. I know some Reds fans can't seem to stand whom a lot of them refer to as a "crabby" old guy, but I love listening to Marty and I love how he pulls NO punches. He just doesn't give a big rats ass what anyone thinks (or at least he sure doesn't appear to).

I'm sure what LaRussa said will bother him TERRIBLY!! :lol:

SportsNut75
05-18-2011, 09:58 AM
And BP's comments about the Cards being a bunch of whiners proves right again.

Stray
05-18-2011, 10:00 AM
Hilarious, if there's one thing you can count on it's Marty speaking his mind.

I think Marty has called LaRussa 'Mr. Baseball' before and said it's because Tony thinks he invented the game lol.

KYRedLeg
05-18-2011, 10:13 AM
I love that everytime anybody from that organization opens their mouths, they just prove Brandon Phillips' point.

Old NDN
05-18-2011, 10:38 AM
TLR needs to loosen those overly tight baseball pants. They're getting his panties all in a bunch. I'm not much of a Marty fan, but I think it's funny that he's gotten under the skin of TLR. I would think TLR's got more to worry about than what some broadcaster is saying about him. BTW, Tony wearing sunglasses for a night game? Is he just being cool or is that because of his current ailment?

mroby85
05-18-2011, 10:58 AM
TLR needs to loosen those overly tight baseball pants. They're getting his panties all in a bunch. I'm not much of a Marty fan, but I think it's funny that he's gotten under the skin of TLR. I would think TLR's got more to worry about than what some broadcaster is saying about him. BTW, Tony wearing sunglasses for a night game? Is he just being cool or is that because of his current ailment?

I like how Dave Duncan referred to his comments as "classless" with the stuff he was yelling at Coco and Cueto from the dugout. I'm sure he said a lot worse stuff than calling them "infantile".

bigredmechanism
05-18-2011, 11:12 AM
LOL this keeps getting better and better.

arkimadee
05-18-2011, 11:20 AM
I knew it was only a matter of time before Marty would be in it. lol. Random thought, the next time we need a baserunner late in a tied game against the Cards we should send CoCo up with full body armor and see if they live up to taking his bleeping head off.

takealeake
05-18-2011, 12:11 PM
STL is the biggest bunch of whiny trash in baseball right now. Marty told it like it is, and they can't handle it, yet again. I wonder if he'll respond to those comments tonight.

Razzle
05-18-2011, 12:30 PM
How in the world would what LaRussa said classify as "slamming" anyone? I think he would've been better off not to pay any attention to what Brennaman said at all, but this is as tame and concise as you could be for "slamming" someone.

Newport Red
05-18-2011, 12:59 PM
Marty is arrogant and opinionated probably to a fault. Tony is arrogant and competative probably to a fault. I hope neither changes a bit. They add to my enjoyment of Reds baseball.

mckbearcat48
05-18-2011, 01:13 PM
How in the world would what LaRussa said classify as "slamming" anyone? I think he would've been better off not to pay any attention to what Brennaman said at all, but this is as tame and concise as you could be for "slamming" someone.

Yeah...of all the back and forth, this was about as tame as it gets.

bounty37h
05-19-2011, 01:30 PM
I like how Dave Duncan referred to his comments as "classless" with the stuff he was yelling at Coco and Cueto from the dugout. I'm sure he said a lot worse stuff than calling them "infantile".

Haha, no kidding, he can call our guy a homophobic slur and say they are going to hit him in the f'in head, but being called infantile is over the lines of class :confused:

DirtyBaker
05-20-2011, 07:47 AM
the st. Louis radio crew brings a whole new meaning to the word 'lame'. I can understand TLR listening to Marty but can not understand TLR if he actually thinks Cordero was really going for pujols' head.