PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a chronology of St. Louis complaints?

takealeake
05-18-2011, 12:18 PM
When did this all start and lead up to now? Does anyone have a timeline of when St Louis started complaining like babies about everything, including Carpenter? Heck I read on ESPN's comments over this Mary story that after STL lost to the Dodgers in the playoffs in 2008 Wainwright was complaining about how the blue towels distracted him. Really? How long has this gone on and with who?

mroby85
05-18-2011, 01:41 PM
If i remember correctly they blamed the white towels when Holliday lost a routine fly ball in LF against the Dodgers in the playoffs.

takealeake
05-18-2011, 01:54 PM
If i remember correctly they blamed the white towels when Holliday lost a routine fly ball in LF against the Dodgers in the playoffs.

:runawaycry:

Sounds about right for the Crydnals. I know Carpenter complained about balls not getting rubbed down here last year too, along with the mound and smoke stuff just this past week. I remember he had a few other incidents as well, even with his own teammate if I recall. I can't remember them all exactly though.

foxfire123
05-18-2011, 01:56 PM
Wasn't there an incident with one of his own teammates in Colorado last season?

KYRedLeg
05-18-2011, 02:01 PM
I was sitting in left field on August 9 (http://www.baseball-reference.com/boxes/CIN/CIN201008090.shtml) last year. StL's short stop ran out of the dugout with the wrong glove. You could, very clearly, hear Carpenter yell "What the **** are you doing?!" from my seats...and there was an equally loud chorus of ****s every time the Reds got a hit. After the inning, Carpenter was screaming at the SS as they went back to the dugout.

I think that's also the game where Carp was complaining about the balls being prepped.

BluegrassRedleg
05-18-2011, 02:27 PM
I'm not the best with timelines, but 2-3 years ago they had one of the Reds' pitchers hats checked for a substance. Turned out to only be dirt. But since then I can recall them taking issue with someone's sleeves, jewelry, the balls at GABP and now the fireworks. :laugh:

About 90% of the teams in the NL can tell similar stories.

mckbearcat48
05-18-2011, 03:19 PM
I'm not the best with timelines, but 2-3 years ago they had one of the Reds' pitchers hats checked for a substance. Turned out to only be dirt. But since then I can recall them taking issue with someone's sleeves, jewelry, the balls at GABP and now the fireworks. :laugh:

About 90% of the teams in the NL can tell similar stories.

You are correct. The pitcher was Bronson Arroyo. Holliday's didn't make the excuse about dropping the ball in the 09 playoffs, a STL writer did the next day.

mlh1981
05-18-2011, 05:46 PM
I remember the situation between Carlos Lee and Chris Carpenter last year.

Lee hit a harmless popup and was pissed at himself. I guess Carpenter thought Lee was trying to show him up, then some minor back and forth yelling occured.

Carpenter might be the nicest guy in the world off the field, but his whole super intense act has to wear on now only the opposition, but his own teammates (as we have seen a few times).