PDA

View Full Version : Top Cleveland players not playing

brm7675
05-20-2011, 04:28 PM
Well this sure doesn't hurt.

CLEVELAND (AP)—The Indians have been hit hard again.

Designated hitter Travis Hafner(notes) was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained side muscle on Friday, another blow to the AL Central leaders, who had to put center fielder Grady Sizemore(notes) on the DL earlier in the week with a bruised knee.

The DARK
05-20-2011, 04:51 PM
Well this sure doesn't hurt.

CLEVELAND (AP)—The Indians have been hit hard again.

Designated hitter Travis Hafner(notes) was placed on the 15-day disabled list with a strained side muscle on Friday, another blow to the AL Central leaders, who had to put center fielder Grady Sizemore(notes) on the DL earlier in the week with a bruised knee.

Tough luck for them, but this will certainly help bridge the DH divide.

Also, as much as we hate Gomes DHing, it means we'll get a lot of Heisey defense in the outfield. I like our chances.

texasdave
05-20-2011, 05:10 PM
Tough luck for them, but this will certainly help bridge the DH divide.

Also, as much as we hate Gomes DHing, it means we'll get a lot of Heisey defense in the outfield. I like our chances.

The Reds could have Heisey in left and Lewis DHing against the three righties Cleveland is going to throw. But that makes too much sense. I just looked at the lineup posted on Fay's blog and they have Gomes hitting second in front of Votto. Why not. Nothing else has worked for Gomes.

jwmann2
05-21-2011, 01:07 AM
Gomes is a fastball hitter and will see tons of fastballs when batting in the 2 spot. If Stubbs is hitting for a good avg and is stealing 2nd, then watch out for this team...

Vottomatic
05-21-2011, 04:03 AM
Yeah. It certainly helped tonight. (sarcasm)