PDA

View Full Version : Amazing

Maker_84
05-21-2011, 06:15 PM
how our hitting can go from one of the best in baseball to one of the worst in one year. smh

DocRed
05-21-2011, 06:41 PM
Not amazing...thank Dusty

VottoFan54
05-21-2011, 06:47 PM
The Reds LEAD MLB IN RUNS SCORED and yet they have one of the worst offenses in MLB?:rolleyes: I could easily make an argument that the Reds have one of the 10 best offenses out there. The Reds average over five runs per game.

It is absolutely ridiculous to say the Reds have one of the worst offenses in MLB. :thumbdown:

Look at the stats please:

http://espn.go.com/mlb/stats/team/_/stat/batting

Kevin1476
05-21-2011, 06:49 PM
I hate to pick on the guy, Gomes has no confidence at the plate and no business playing over Heisey. Does anybody think that we can get help from AAA, I am still holding out hope for Francisco. He is batting close to .400. What do you do with Gomes? I also would like to see Frazier or Alonso get a shot over Gomes.

Krawhitham
05-21-2011, 07:52 PM
how our hitting can go from one of the best in baseball to one of the worst in one year. smh

It is amazing how stupid people are

Reds are
#1 in Runs
#1 in HR
#3 in Batting Average
#3 in On Base Percentage
#4 in Slugging Percentage
#2 In On-base plus slugging

THIS SEASON

Vottomatic
05-21-2011, 08:06 PM
It is amazing how stupid people are

Reds are
#1 in Runs
#1 in HR
#3 in Batting Average
#3 in On Base Percentage
#4 in Slugging Percentage
#2 In On-base plus slugging

THIS SEASON

Statistically, yes, they are a top offense.

When they go against good pitchers, they aren't.

They tend to pad their offensive stats against mediocre to bad pitchers and not show up when the going gets tough.

But you stat people conveniently ignore the eye test and just act like everything is hunky dory because the stats look good.

The truth is that opposing pitchers completely avoid pitching to Votto because nobody else on this team steps up offensively when it counts. Rolen has gap power, but his HR power is gone. He is probably now a .250 hitter as opposed to his career .280 numbers. Phillips is having a good year, but is streaky. Bruce has the occasional big HR, but underperforms more often than not. Dusty continues to screw up the 2-hole in the lineup and stubbornly won't change.

This team needs a bat behind Votto in the 4-hole. And the obvious position to upgrade is LF. I begged for Heisey to get the opportunity, but opposing pitchers would still not pitch to Votto with some guy named Heisey behind him. We need someone to be feared like a Matt Holliday behind Votto.

VottoFan54
05-21-2011, 09:10 PM
Statistically, yes, they are a top offense.

When they go against good pitchers, they aren't.

They tend to pad their offensive stats against mediocre to bad pitchers and not show up when the going gets tough.

But you stat people conveniently ignore the eye test and just act like everything is hunky dory because the stats look good.

The truth is that opposing pitchers completely avoid pitching to Votto because nobody else on this team steps up offensively when it counts. Rolen has gap power, but his HR power is gone. He is probably now a .250 hitter as opposed to his career .280 numbers. Phillips is having a good year, but is streaky. Bruce has the occasional big HR, but underperforms more often than not. Dusty continues to screw up the 2-hole in the lineup and stubbornly won't change.

This team needs a bat behind Votto in the 4-hole. And the obvious position to upgrade is LF. I begged for Heisey to get the opportunity, but opposing pitchers would still not pitch to Votto with some guy named Heisey behind him. We need someone to be feared like a Matt Holliday behind Votto.

I agree that our offense is struggling right now and we could use the addition of another bat in our lineup.

However, I do disagree with the fact that the Reds have one of the worst offenses in baseball as we still average 5 runs a game and have the most runs scored of any team out there. I can support my claim with stats, your only claims from the famed "eye test".

I don't think the Reds need a batter to hit four, if Votto cant hit with a bat as hot as Phillips behind him, then Votto just isn't going to hit period. I think that LF bat that we need will come from inside the organization in the form of Heisey/Lewis. Dusty's stupid lineups don't help our offense, he needs to try to always have either Ramon Hernandez or Edgar Renteria in the lineup and that will help with offensive consistency.