PDA

View Full Version : I don't even care...

will5979
05-22-2011, 12:34 PM
I couldn't care less what the Reds do on the rest of this road trip. Don't get me wrong I'll always be a Reds fan but this bunch pisses me off more than any other Reds team I have followed since 1986 (win 5 games and look like world beater, lose 4 games and look like a bunch of schoolboys)...part of it has to do with the ownership not acquiring protection for Votto and Duhsty continuing to play Gomes, if they have a winning road trip, great, if not, I'm not losing anymore sleep or causing myself anymore mental anguish over this bunch, screw em, Jocketty, and Duhsty, I HATE INCONSISTENCY WITH A PASSION.

The DARK
05-22-2011, 12:42 PM
Sucks for you, I guess.

Reds
05-22-2011, 12:43 PM
It's a long strange trip. Oddly enough the only time I can step back and breathe apparently is when we clinch a division, because I can tell myself again and again not to read the articles and not to ride the highs and lows but it never works. I did go a series without watching after we clinched last year, it felt odd.

One thing I do do is when we bomb a few games in a row is I'll turn to radio and listen instead of watching every pitch.

DirtyBaker
05-22-2011, 12:58 PM
25-21 and 2nd in the division. If this is a time to be apathetic, what was 2001-2005?

Krawhitham
05-22-2011, 01:21 PM
I couldn't care less what the Reds do on the rest of this road trip. Don't get me wrong I'll always be a Reds fan but this bunch pisses me off more than any other Reds team I have followed since 1986 (win 5 games and look like world beater, lose 4 games and look like a bunch of schoolboys)...part of it has to do with the ownership not acquiring protection for Votto and Duhsty continuing to play Gomes, if they have a winning road trip, great, if not, I'm not losing anymore sleep or causing myself anymore mental anguish over this bunch, screw em, Jocketty, and Duhsty, I HATE INCONSISTENCY WITH A PASSION.

you have followed since 1986? Then you should know the seasons are always a series of up and downs. This team is 4 games over .500 and in a funk, they will bounce back in a game or two.

The Tattler
05-22-2011, 02:22 PM
I love that Reds fans are turning into Cub fans. At least they accept the fact that they are a terrible team and enjoy themselves at the game. You sad fair weather fans are at 54% attendance and think everyone is cheating. PATHETIC

Kevin1476
05-22-2011, 04:37 PM
I want to be positive and yes we are four games above .500, but we have to face the Phils and the Braves on the road. If they do not make some adjustments we could be two games below .500 Need a fifth starter, replace Smith in the bullpen, and another Left fielder to rotate with HiC.

The Tattler
05-22-2011, 04:42 PM
Need a fifth starter,.

You entire rotation is terrible and it's sad that you don't see that.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&baseballScope=mlb&statType=2&sitSplit=&timeSubFrame=2011&groupByTeam=true&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1

Perhaps they could afford quality pitchers if you losers actually went to the games. Why would they put money into a team that can barely fill the stands?

BluegrassRedleg
05-22-2011, 05:14 PM
It's a long season, dude. If you're gonna be a baseball fan, you gotta prepare for the mental ups and downs of the marathon.

Vottomatic
05-22-2011, 09:26 PM
I'm not upset. I pretty much predicted this with my offseason analysis of what the team needed.

So far, unfortunately, I was dead on correct.

brm7675
05-23-2011, 11:20 AM
I kinda agree with the OP to a point. My issues though are how our manager refuses to do what is in the best interset of the team. I feel he is more concerned with the players and how they feel over putting the best product on the field. Moves I feel need to be done:

1. Remove Dusty
2. DFA Gomes
3. DFA Edgar
4. Demote EV
5. Promote Chris V, Todd F. and Mike Leake

brm7675
05-23-2011, 11:22 AM
You entire rotation is terrible and it's sad that you don't see that.

http://mlb.mlb.com/stats/sortable_team_stats.jsp?c_id=mlb&baseballScope=mlb&statType=2&sitSplit=&timeSubFrame=2011&groupByTeam=true&Submit=Submit&timeFrame=1

Perhaps they could afford quality pitchers if you losers actually went to the games. Why would they put money into a team that can barely fill the stands?

I would say 1 starter is the problem. I think Cueto/Bailey/Bronson and Wood will do just fine over an entire season. Both Wood and Bailey pitched very good games this weekend outside of 1 pitch for Bailey and poor handling of Wood by Dusty on Friday. Both Friday and Sat games should have been won.

swaisuc
05-23-2011, 12:02 PM
25-21 and 2nd in the division. If this is a time to be apathetic, what was 2001-2005?

No kidding. We have a playoff worthy roster and guys going all out after a win every night, but getting inconsistent results. If you followed the rosters full of retreads going through the motions for most of the past decade, you'll survive this.

swaisuc
05-23-2011, 12:11 PM
I kinda agree with the OP to a point. My issues though are how our manager refuses to do what is in the best interset of the team. I feel he is more concerned with the players and how they feel over putting the best product on the field. Moves I feel need to be done:

1. Remove Dusty
2. DFA Gomes
3. DFA Edgar
4. Demote EV
5. Promote Chris V, Todd F. and Mike Leake

I can sum up the entire post for you with one sentence. Dusty cares about the long term and you care about what gives us the best chance to win today's game.

I don't think either of you is completely right or wrong, its just a simple disconnect in goals. I will just ask you this. Do you think we will need production from Gomes at some point this year to accomplish our 2011 goals? How about Edgar or EV? If you think yes, then you absolutely should care about what the players think. If not, you can dump them in the trash to give yourself a 1% better chance of winning today.

brm7675
05-23-2011, 12:51 PM
I can sum up the entire post for you with one sentence. Dusty cares about the long term and you care about what gives us the best chance to win today's game.

I don't think either of you is completely right or wrong, its just a simple disconnect in goals. I will just ask you this. Do you think we will need production from Gomes at some point this year to accomplish our 2011 goals? How about Edgar or EV? If you think yes, then you absolutely should care about what the players think. If not, you can dump them in the trash to give yourself a 1% better chance of winning today.

Gomes can't produce. he has a very nice couple of months in his career during the 2010 season, outside of that he has never been that good. Edgar is just wasting a roster spot. He refuses to play other positions beside SS and he doesn't play that well. IN both of these players cases, the Reds have better and younger talent available. As for EV, I think he just need time to work on his mechanics and get his head right. Let him spend the next month or so in AAA working things out and then see where he is.