PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on the Phillies Series

arkimadee
05-23-2011, 02:45 PM
This is an important series for the Reds. It's still too early to worry about getting down a couple of games to the Cards. The Reds in the very least need to split this series. Tonight I see Hamels getting the best of Arroyo. Arroyo isn't pitching well at all now and we all know how the Reds hit Hamels. Game 2 I see as a Reds win but I also have a bad memory of that 09 start in Philly. Game 3 is a rematch of the great Wood/Halladay game of 10. I see Roy beating the Reds again. Thursday is the most interesting pitching matchup of the series. Homer vs Lee. I'm gonna give the edge to Homer because of the way he's going now. Ill be happy with a 2-2 split. If we win 3 I'd dance in the streets. I think most realistically we will win 1 of 4 just because of how tough the Phillies are and how bad we are playing right now.

Krawhitham
05-23-2011, 02:56 PM
Reds are due for a win tonight

lost 5 in a row this season and 7 in a row to the Phillies

brm7675
05-23-2011, 03:15 PM
I see the Reds getting swept. Philly has our number, our hitters are not hitting and Dusty can't seem to figure out how to make a lineup card. I see the games being like 5-1, 6-2, 4-1, 3-2.

I am hoping this road trip is the Tony Perez west coast road trip for Dusty. That after the 10 game trip the Reds return home to a new manager and a new view.

arkimadee
05-23-2011, 03:22 PM
I see the Reds getting swept. Philly has our number, our hitters are not hitting and Dusty can't seem to figure out how to make a lineup card. I see the games being like 5-1, 6-2, 4-1, 3-2.

I am hoping this road trip is the Tony Perez west coast road trip for Dusty. That after the 10 game trip the Reds return home to a new manager and a new view.

So let me get this right. You want the Reds to lose the next 7 games and fall out of the race so Dusty can get fired?

Magdal
05-23-2011, 03:54 PM
3 of 4 is QUITE doable. The Phils are not hitting! Pitch around Howard, and all they have left hitting well is Polonco (.330) and Victorino (.280) Rollins batting .260, and the rest fall off from there. They have several guys flirting with Mendoza!

Their big 3 starters are being hit lately. The Phils are 4 and 6 in their last 10 games, 4 and 4 vs. the Central. Not too scary. The Reds must simply score runs.

Vottomatic
05-23-2011, 03:57 PM
Uh......Arroyo 1-5 against Phils........Hamels 6-0 against Reds.

Loss tonight.

brm7675
05-23-2011, 04:26 PM
So let me get this right. You want the Reds to lose the next 7 games and fall out of the race so Dusty can get fired?

a) They wouldn't be out of the race
b) Yep I want Dusty gone.

Kevin1476
05-23-2011, 04:30 PM
We will need to do the little things right to beat these guys.Hit and run as much as we can, try to bunt for hits, and get our bunts down when its time to sacrafice. Then rely on our defense and Pray for our bullpen. Hopefully, our starters can give us 6 to 7 innings.