PDA

View Full Version : Something to keep in mind: We just played a REALLY good team

mlh1981
05-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Much like you guys, I'm very disappointed with what happened over the weekend, and many of the thoughts I have are currently being discussed in other subject (Gomes, Volquez, etc), so I won't get into those. However, we just played a damn good baseball team that seemingly can't lose at home. They are for real, in my opinion. I guess that's just "something to keep in mind" as the thread title states.

The Indians are beating everyone. They may cool down (I don't think they will), but we ran into a buzzsaw. it's part of the game. I'm more disappointed in losing to the teams like the Cubs and Diamondbacks than I am losing to the Tribe.

brm7675
05-23-2011, 04:41 PM
I don't think it's just what happen in Cleveland. I mean lets be honost we should have won games 1 and 2 of that series. The problem goes deeper then that. Gomes isn't and has not produced, no way you slice it he just isn't that good. EV has issues and issues that need to be worked out. Our manager continues to misuse the talent he has been given so until that issue is addressed I really don't see the struggles stopping.

Maker_84
05-23-2011, 05:27 PM
we didn't run into a buzzsaw, they had lost 2 in a row and didn't have Sizemore or Hafner playing. Cleveland isn't that good, just taking advantage of the weakest division in Baseball by far

brm7675
05-23-2011, 05:30 PM
we didn't run into a buzzsaw, they had lost 2 in a row and didn't have Sizemore or Hafner playing. Cleveland isn't that good, just taking advantage of the weakest division in Baseball by far

I'm sorry but you don't have the best record in baseball come late May and and not be that good. I think people sometimes forget that players do develop. The pitchers Cleveland ran out there in games 1 and 2 are darn good and their offense isn't that bad either.

Of the two previous losses one was against Jake Pevey of the White Sox who threw and incredible game. this whole they are in a weak division just doens't hold water.

Kevin1476
05-23-2011, 05:37 PM
I will give the Indians credit, they have good pitching and very solid Bullpen. I think Chris Welsh stated that Votto was the first lefty to get a hit off of their reliever Sipp in 27 innings. I think with all the trades they have done to cut salary, the youth that they got in return is starting to pay off.

TheBigLebowski
05-23-2011, 06:55 PM
No we didn't. Please.

Vottomatic
05-23-2011, 06:56 PM
......and we sucked big time when playing them.

brm7675
05-23-2011, 07:04 PM
No we didn't. Please.

So you don't view the Indian's as a good team?

Kevin1476
05-23-2011, 07:57 PM
You cannot tell me they do not have good pitching? I thought someone put the stats of MLB Pitching up and the Indians were #7. They have faced the Angels twice, Devil Rays, and Boston so I have to think they are doing something right to put up their numbers.

TheBigLebowski
05-23-2011, 09:35 PM
So you don't view the Indian's as a good team?

You are creeping and crawling towards ignore status.

VottoFan54
05-23-2011, 11:08 PM

Why don't you explain your stance on the Indians not being a good team despite having the best record in baseball?

nux fan
05-23-2011, 11:15 PM
I guess we played a really good team when we played pittsburgh and arizona also?

VottoFan54
05-23-2011, 11:40 PM
I guess we played a really good team when we played pittsburgh and arizona also?

I am not trying to say teams that beat the Reds are good teams, what I am trying to say is that the team with the best record in baseball is generally a good team.

nux fan
05-23-2011, 11:58 PM
I guess I am tryin to say that batting your worst hitter second in front of an mvp is a moronic idea, that wasting two months with a left fielder hitting .180 is indefensible, and that losing games to houston arizona and pittsburgh is not a good thing

VottoFan54
05-24-2011, 12:11 AM
I guess I am tryin to say that batting your worst hitter second in front of an mvp is a moronic idea, that wasting two months with a left fielder hitting .180 is indefensible, and that losing games to houston arizona and pittsburgh is not a good thing

I agree with all three of those statements, all that I am saying is that the Reds have lost to plenty of bad teams but the Indians aren't one of them.

brm7675
05-24-2011, 11:42 AM

So the best record in baseball, a 19-4 record at home means nothing? A very good pitching staff and a very nice offense means nothing? I really think you really have no real understanding of the game...:thumbup: