PDA

View Full Version : Trade Idea

RedRedhawk
05-24-2011, 05:51 PM
Chris Heisey and Edison Volquez for Hunter Pence.

We need to stabilize left field. I think Hunter's defense and power would fit great in our lineup. With all the young pitchers and corner outfielders we have in the minors I don't think we would miss either of the guys we dealt. I think Pence would improve in this lineup as well. Right now he is the best bat in Houston. In Cincinnati he is 3rd at best. One could argue he would see better pitches.

Stubbs
Pence
Votto
Phillips
Bruce
Rolen
Hernandez
Janish

That looks like a solid lineup to me.

webbbj
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
or how about delmon young his numbers suck but based on his career numbers hes better than what hes playin. also the twins suck so many cheaper. maybe a new team could turn his year around. just askin

BAKER12
05-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Chris Heisey and Edison Volquez for Hunter Pence.

We need to stabilize left field. I think Hunter's defense and power would fit great in our lineup. With all the young pitchers and corner outfielder we have in the minors I don't think we would miss either of the guys we dealt. I think Pence would improve in this lineup as well. Right now he is the best bat in Houston. In Cincinnati he is 3rd at best. One could argue he would see better pitches.

Stubbs
Pence
Votto
Phillips
Bruce
Rolen
Hernandez
Janish

That looks like a solid lineup to me.

The Heisey fanatics on here would not do that if you threw in Wandy Rodriguez and the Astros top 5 prospects. Heisey, because of his lack of activity has become the most popular guy on team. Just like Janish was last season and Gomes in 2009/

5TimeWSChamps
05-24-2011, 06:00 PM
Ugh. I'd do it now, but I'd love to have Volquez rebuild some sort of trade value.

The team has had an unbelievable history of trading players when their stock is at their LOWEST.

brm7675
05-24-2011, 06:05 PM
i like the deal and ESPN suggests the Astros may move Pence, but the issue is money. Pence is at like 6.5 million this year and will probably get close to 10 million next year, I just don't see the Reds spending that kind of money on a player of his level.

Red in Atl
05-24-2011, 06:36 PM
They should. Pence makes this team legit. But you'd have to give more than Heisey and Volquez.

Natty Redlocks
05-24-2011, 06:43 PM
Captain HunterPence is their best player; they'd ask for someone cheaper than Volquez and better than Heisey. Sure would fit nice here tho

BEETTLEBUG
05-24-2011, 08:01 PM
True he would help but not enough going to Stros.

davereds24
05-24-2011, 08:31 PM
They should. Pence makes this team legit. But you'd have to give more than Heisey and Volquez.

+1

They would probably want someone like Francisco/Frazier

brm7675
05-24-2011, 08:33 PM
+1

They would probably want someone like Francisco/Frazier

I would give them Francisco in a minute, frazier i am not sure but may consider..

Vottomatic
05-24-2011, 11:19 PM
The more I read comments from the Mets owner and his latest proclamation that their organization is poised to lose $70M this year...........the more I think we could get Beltran for a bag of balls if we were willing to take on this contract for the rest of the season. About $12.66M at this point with 1/3rd of the season gone.

Krawhitham
05-24-2011, 11:29 PM
The Astros would want more than HI-C & EV

LexRedsFan
05-24-2011, 11:37 PM
The Heisey fanatics on here would not do that if you threw in Wandy Rodriguez and the Astros top 5 prospects. Heisey, because of his lack of activity has become the most popular guy on team. Just like Janish was last season and Gomes in 2009/

The backup QB effect.

mu4103
05-25-2011, 06:27 PM
The backup QB effect.

Again - there is no starting QB. Give Heisey some PT, then the fans of the back-up QB would shut-up right?

brm7675
05-25-2011, 06:41 PM
The more I read comments from the Mets owner and his latest proclamation that their organization is poised to lose $70M this year...........the more I think we could get Beltran for a bag of balls if we were willing to take on this contract for the rest of the season. About $12.66M at this point with 1/3rd of the season gone.

that is still around 8 million or so for a player you can't be sure will stay healthy, I would rather take a risk with Reyes...

LexRedsFan
05-25-2011, 07:49 PM
Again - there is no starting QB. Give Heisey some PT, then the fans of the back-up QB would shut-up right?

I'm no advocate of Gomes or Heisey. I'm in favor of a platoon. A two QB system, if you will. Merely remarking on the phenomenon.

Vottomatic
05-25-2011, 07:54 PM
that is still around 8 million or so for a player you can't be sure will stay healthy, I would rather take a risk with Reyes...

That is a pretty comical statement considering Reyes has had injury problems too.

Vottomatic
05-25-2011, 07:55 PM
I'm no advocate of Gomes or Heisey. I'm in favor of a platoon. A two QB system, if you will. Merely remarking on the phenomenon.

Stubbs and Bruce can go through extended hitting slumps and stay in the lineup. But Heisey will get maybe 3 games in a row, and be mediocre, and everyone gives up on him. Give him 20 to 40 games in LF and see what he can do. The guy needs to know he's going to be in the lineup, get comfortable there, and then maybe he takes off offensively.

brm7675
05-25-2011, 08:17 PM
Stubbs and Bruce can go through extended hitting slumps and stay in the lineup. But Heisey will get maybe 3 games in a row, and be mediocre, and everyone gives up on him. Give him 20 to 40 games in LF and see what he can do. The guy needs to know he's going to be in the lineup, get comfortable there, and then maybe he takes off offensively.

Problem is...with dusty as our manager that will never happen:thumbdown:

LexRedsFan
05-25-2011, 08:25 PM

I have nothing wrong with giving the guy a chance, he hasn't had a fair shake...and I hope he's the answer. I just don't see it, but I've been wrong before :laugh: It really can't get much more miserable than the thought of Gomes being trotted out there nightly.

'Course, if you were to combine Dusty and TLR into one manager...you'd probably get Heisey in the lineup batting 9th.