PDA

View Full Version : If true...who takes the spot on the 40

brm7675
05-24-2011, 05:02 PM
According to Fay: Baker, “Leake probably starts on Friday”

If this is so, then why was DH removed from the 40 man roster and lost via wavier and "whom" takes his place on the 40 man roster?

webbbj
05-24-2011, 05:29 PM
According to Fay: Baker, “Leake probably starts on Friday”

If this is so, then why was DH removed from the 40 man roster and lost via wavier and "whom" takes his place on the 40 man roster?

willis was suppose to take it but he got hurt

brm7675
05-24-2011, 05:48 PM
willis was suppose to take it but he got hurt

And while I wish no harm to any player, in the long run i think this is good for the Reds. Willis is NOT an option for a starting slot on the Reds, not when you have Mike Leake who is better.

Girevik
05-25-2011, 09:21 AM
My question why do you take the guy off the 40-man before you're ready to add someone else? If they were clearing a spot for Friday, why not wait until Friday to make the move?

TheBigLebowski
05-25-2011, 10:29 AM
And while I wish no harm to any player, in the long run i think this is good for the Reds. Willis is NOT an option for a starting slot on the Reds, not when you have Mike Leake who is better.

Willis has pitched better this year than Leake, albeit in AAA. My opinion of Leake, which you know well, is that he is a gas can.

KYRedLeg
05-25-2011, 10:32 AM
Willis has pitched better this year than Leake, albeit in AAA. My opinion of Leake, which you know well, is that he is a gas can.

So, you think Leake stole the rotation spot from Willis?

TheBigLebowski
05-25-2011, 10:35 AM
So, you think Leake stole the rotation spot from Willis?

From the very esoteric details we've received about the roster moves, I would have to assume so. But the mgmt may like Leake a heckuva lot more than I do. Who knows. The last couple of days have been very weird, to say the least.

KYRedLeg
05-25-2011, 10:39 AM
From the very esoteric details we've received about the roster moves, I would have to assume so. But the mgmt may like Leake a heckuva lot more than I do. Who knows. The last couple of days have been very weird, to say the least.

I was just comparing a rotation spot to $60 worth of t-shirts. :)

swaisuc
05-25-2011, 10:43 AM
Nothing to add about the "who", but it is not unusual for teams to leave open spots on their 40 man for extended periods of time during the season. We are in more of a roster crunch than most so it hasn't happened here in a while, but it usually means nothing other than they prefer the flexibility over keeping a guy they don't value.

I wouldn't automatically assume this spot was cleared just for Willis or that they have an immediate plan for it. Its possible, but the DRH move alone doesn't point to that.

TheBigLebowski
05-25-2011, 12:16 PM
I was just comparing a rotation spot to $60 worth of t-shirts. :)

AH - nicely done. Sorry I missed that.

Krawhitham
05-25-2011, 01:00 PM
My question why do you take the guy off the 40-man before you're ready to add someone else? If they were clearing a spot for Friday, why not wait until Friday to make the move?

The Waiver process takes three business days. Even if claimed they have to wait 3 days to make sure no one higher on the list might also want to also claim him.

5TimeWSChamps
05-25-2011, 01:55 PM
The Waiver process takes three business days. Even if claimed they have to wait 3 days to make sure no one higher on the list might also want to also claim him.

Yep, DRH was put on waivers before Willis got hurt.

Maker_84
05-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Leake is awful, why can't Willis be healthy???

brm7675
05-25-2011, 03:18 PM
Leake is awful, why can't Willis be healthy???

Really? Leake has 4 of his 6 starts this season as Quality, Willis can't pitch on this level....how is this bad?