PDA

View Full Version : IM SICK!

Jones1
05-26-2011, 01:34 AM
19 innings and the Reds have opportunity after opportunity, then come up short facing a back up second basemen on the mound! WTF! They deserve everything they get! The Sky is falling folks, be glad you didn't watch that game!

I watch the Reds every game, every at bat, tmrw ill be checking the box scores! Screw this team!

NatiWolfpack24
05-26-2011, 01:40 AM
Is that a cause for being banned? I've seriously never seen people overreact to a 19 inning loss like this. Only Reds fans. I was ready for the game to be over win or lose. Team is going to be fatigued enough as it is playing that marathon game, now we have to fly to Atlanta for a 3 game series and play 3 straight against the Brewers at home. 0 days off!

Worst time to have a 19 inning game.

Jones1
05-26-2011, 01:47 AM
Is that a cause for being banned? I've seriously never seen people overreact to a 19 inning loss like this. Only Reds fans. I was ready for the game to be over win or lose. Team is going to be fatigued enough as it is playing that marathon game, now we have to fly to Atlanta for a 3 game series and play 3 straight against the Brewers at home. 0 days off!

Worst time to have a 19 inning game.

Nate, its because you haven't seen a 19 inning loss, nor have I! It hasn't happened since the early 1970's! I'm sure back then the big red machines middle of the line up didn't go down to a back up position player either on the mound who could hardly throw strikes! This game was the worst Reds game ive ever watched!

The Reds will be the laughing stock of baseball tomorrow!

Reds
05-26-2011, 01:53 AM
Not from what I'm hearing, Philly fans are giving us respect and Fisher respect for taking the game to the 19th, you don't laugh at a reliever nearly reaching 100 pitches.

jnschel
05-26-2011, 02:00 AM
you laugh at a team for not being able to capitalize on an infielder throwing to bruce and votto... it is unreal that votto swung at the pitches he did... i cant help but to be disgusted with the way the team handled this game.. carlos fisher was the only bright spot after the 10th inning

Reds
05-26-2011, 02:05 AM
true, we should have taken two strikes each batter and failed to make him really work.

BAKER12
05-26-2011, 02:06 AM
Our worst moments the last three seasons have been in Philly
2009 lost 22-1
2010 Wood perfect game marred by Co Co meltdown
2011 Valdez retires the MVP and league leader in homers with ease

You play 162, your gonna have bad moments
Brewers are gonna stand between us and a Central Division title

Reds
05-26-2011, 02:20 AM
Watching the Giants game in extras is appears Posey has just been injured and it appears bad.. reminds you that even a 19 inning loss could be worse.. One fan comment said I would have rather lost in 9 innings than have then happen in extras regarding the Giants situation now.

NatiWolfpack24
05-26-2011, 02:31 AM
WOW I just saw the Posey replay. Whoever that was coming into home like that what a bush league play. Buster wasn't even close to being in the base line and that play wasn't going to be close if the guy just slid in normal. That was way out of line what he did. He went out of his way to spear head a catcher. Uncalled for.

double21d
05-26-2011, 06:43 AM
At least Cueto wasn't brought in to pitch 4 innings ala Aaron Harang. There's always a silver lining

Vottomatic
05-26-2011, 06:52 AM
Third place is all I know.

I just gotta laugh at all the fans who were happy standing pat. This team has serious holes that need filled.

But everything is fine in La-La Land for the glass half full people.

Enjoy third place the rest of the season.

KYRedLeg
05-26-2011, 07:59 AM
So, rather than being PROUD that the Reds were able to stay neck-and-neck with the "best team in the NL" for 19 innings, the game was an embarrassment, and reason for even more knee-jerk sky-is-falling BS?

Awesome.

Old NDN
05-26-2011, 08:24 AM

I just gotta laugh at all the fans who were happy standing pat. This team has serious holes that need filled.

My sentiments, also. Looking for a positive, the Reds played (perhaps) the best team/pitcher in baseball pretty evenly. Still, a loss. Now, on to Cliff Lee today.
BTW, Phillips should be fined "big time" as Dusty would say, for getting picked off 2b. Busy talking to Rollins? Come on!! Just when I think Phillips is starting to understand what it takes to be a complete baseball player, he reverts back to crap like this. Still too much mustard on that hot dog, IMO.

will5979
05-26-2011, 08:52 AM
My sentiments, also. Looking for a positive, the Reds played (perhaps) the best team/pitcher in baseball pretty evenly. Still, a loss. Now, on to Cliff Lee today.
BTW, Phillips should be fined "big time" as Dusty would say, for getting picked off 2b. Busy talking to Rollins? Come on!! Just when I think Phillips is starting to understand what it takes to be a complete baseball player, he reverts back to crap like this. Still too much mustard on that hot dog, IMO.

This whole team still has too much mustard on the hot dog. WE need to be realistic, this team is NOT whom we thought it was. They overachieved last season and are proving that they were a 1 hit wonder or in other words, a fluke (but an NL Central is what it is and I'll take it)!

This team has serious problems and I for one don't know what the answer is...maybe its time to start going to AAA for LF, SS, and 3B. Gomes/Lewis is not the answer for LF, Janish/Renteria is not the answer at SS, and glove aside, Rolen is not a good bat in the lineup, again I don't know what the answer is, all I know is if something isn't done quick this season will be over by the All-Star Break, oh well a few weeks of stress-free sports until college football starts I guess...:rolleyes:

will5979
05-26-2011, 08:55 AM
Screw this team!
I feel ya, but instead of saying screw this team this is whom I say screw you to...

Screw :castellini:

Way to not improve the team that won 91 games last year...

JohnnyBench
05-26-2011, 09:09 AM
Ahhh, add this post to the ever-growing list of posts that make me wonder what some of you people do when things don't go your way at work, home or school.

signalhome
05-26-2011, 09:15 AM
Ahhh, add this post to the ever-growing list of posts that make me wonder what some of you people do when things don't go your way at work, home or school.

Complain on Facebook.

Tadasimha
05-26-2011, 09:18 AM
What a bunch of front runner fans.

will5979
05-26-2011, 09:25 AM

I'm 32 years old and have been a die hard fan since September 11, 1985. After 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996-98, 2001-2009 I have EARNED the right to ***** about this organization...I stuck with this team through the embarassing KGJ era. I got sick of losing, and I say screw Castinelli for not signing someone like Jayson Werth in the offseason, screw Duhsty Baker for being a moron, and just overall screw everybody in the Reds organization for ruining my summer.

markymark69
05-26-2011, 09:29 AM
I'd like to say I'm surprised by this reaction from fans on this board. I continue to be amazed.

I'm disappointed that they lost - but I'm not going to stop rooting for this team and the sky is not falling.

If anything - I'm done with this board.

RadfordVA
05-26-2011, 09:50 AM
Our worst moments the last three seasons have been in Philly
2009 lost 22-1
2010 Wood perfect game marred by Co Co meltdown

Maybe this why people hate Cordero even more than they should already, they start to attribute losses to him in games he didnt even appear in. Cordero did not even pitch in the game Wood had a perfect game going into the 9th??

Who Dey Time
05-26-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm 32 years old and have been a die hard fan since September 11, 1985. After 1989, 1991, 1993, 1996-98, 2001-2009 I have EARNED the right to ***** about this organization...I stuck with this team through the embarassing KGJ era. I got sick of losing, and I say screw Castinelli for not signing someone like Jayson Werth in the offseason, screw Duhsty Baker for being a moron, and just overall screw everybody in the Reds organization for ruining my summer.

I continue to be amazed at the stupid knee-jerk reaction to people on this board. Especially, since the team is still very much in this race and will be all season. I'd hate to be some of you guys if we were having a season like the Twins or Astros. Be a fan or don't. But, you haven't earned a damn thing.

Sign Jayson Werth? Laughable. This team is not going to spend that kind of money on anyone unless that player is named Joey Votto.

Dusty a moron? It's clear that the knee-jerks will bash the manager all day for anything, facts be damned. I'll just continue to laugh at them since their baseball knowledge it clearly lacking.

will5979
05-26-2011, 10:08 AM
I'll just continue to laugh at them since their baseball knowledge it clearly lacking.

I guaran-DAMN-tee ya that I could beat you at baseball knowledge or managing anyday, anytime, anyplace, make a date, and don't be late, ooooooooooh yeah snap into a Slim-Jim, RIP Macho Man Randy Savage!

Who Dey Time
05-26-2011, 10:09 AM
I guaran-DAMN-tee ya that I could beat you at baseball knowledge or managing anyday, anytime, anyplace, make a date, and don't be late, ooooooooooh yeah snap into a Slim-Jim, RIP Macho Man Randy Savage!

Case in point.

BAKER12
05-26-2011, 10:16 AM
Maybe this why people hate Cordero even more than they should already, they start to attribute losses to him in games he didnt even appear in. Cordero did not even pitch in the game Wood had a perfect game going into the 9th??

Your right, it was the night before when Leake had the nice game going and I think their backup catcher hit a homer. Good correction

signalhome
05-26-2011, 10:24 AM

While a few are taking it too hard, I think it's perfectly acceptable to be frustrated after last night's loss. A team for which we had high expectations has now lost seven of their last eight games. It's understandable for people to be upset and frustrated. Getting mad when the Reds are losing doesn't make one a front-runner fan.

I'm disappointed that they lost - but I'm not going to stop rooting for this team and the sky is not falling.

Yep. As frustrating as it has been to watch them drop seven of their last eight, it's a long season. The Reds might not win the NL Central, but I'm fairly certain they'll be right in the thick of it come September. This is a good team, regardless of how they've played the last ten games. There are holes (LF, SS, SP), of course, but there are a lot of bright spots, too (1B, RF, 2B, CF). Even after this remarkable losing run, the Reds are still over .500 -- not many teams would be able to say that after going through such a brutal stretch.

Who Dey Time
05-26-2011, 10:33 AM
While a few are taking it too hard, I think it's perfectly acceptable to be frustrated after last night's loss. A team for which we had high expectations has now lost seven of their last eight games. It's understandable for people to be upset and frustrated. Getting mad when the Reds are losing doesn't make one a front-runner fan.

Being frustrated is one thing....I was pissed about last night. However, if one were to come here to get their Reds updates, that person would leave with the impression that the Reds were about 10-games under .500 and completely out of the race. Also, the everyday, every move criticism of the manager makes you really wonder where people's heads are sometimes.

Bottom line is that there are some on here who will never be satisfied and that speaks more poorly about them than anything having to do with the team itself. It just happens to permiate more after a tough loss.

signalhome
05-26-2011, 10:40 AM
Being frustrated is one thing....I was pissed about last night. However, if one were to come here to get their Reds updates, that person would leave with the impression that the Reds were about 10-games under .500 and completely out of the race.

Preaching to the choir. I'm simply saying I understand where their frustration is coming from, so I don't think it's fair to call them fair-weather fans. There are a lot of people who tend to view the last week or so as the definitive value of a team or player while ignoring what said team or player had done for the month prior to that awful week. It doesn't make them front-runner fans, it just makes them a very emotionally-driven person.

will5979
05-26-2011, 10:56 AM
It doesn't make them front-runner fans, it just makes them a very emotionally-driven person.

You just described me 100%. I am WAY too emotionally attached to this team, kind of stupid considering as how I have absolutely no control over whether or not this team wins or loses. Actually I am so emotional over the Reds that I shed tears over a loss, the last time was the 1995 NLCS, because deep down I knew it would be the last time in a while that the Reds would have a shot at the World Series.

jrandal9
05-26-2011, 11:01 AM
If I have learned anything in my 24 years of being a Reds fan is that we may have the most fickle fans in the league. I am right there with you at being angry about the game last night, while I sitting on the couch and I knew CoCo was coming in for his 300th save against Ryan Howard right after we took the lead, I told my fiance you might as well call this a blown save. I just don't get Cordero sometimes, he looks awful against Howard then strikes out the next guy foolishly. This team is built to win, we need a LF but I think we have one in the minors. Bring on Sappelt.

demas863
05-26-2011, 11:13 AM
true, we should have taken two strikes each batter and failed to make him really work.

Odd situation that required not baseball skill or experience but intelligence or at least a modicom of common sense. Dusty should have instructed his hitters to do just what you suggested but didn't. What about Fisher hacking low in the count at what looked like a ball. Yeah it may be Monday morning quarterbacking but Dusty has demonstrated over and over again that he's not too swift on his feet. One really has to scratch his head to understand how this guy weaseled out a two-year extension. Then again he's Castellini's choice. It will be nice when Walt can have his own guy but it won't be soon. GM's deserve that opportunity to prove their real worth - good or bad.

brm7675
05-26-2011, 11:23 AM
WOW I just saw the Posey replay. Whoever that was coming into home like that what a bush league play. Buster wasn't even close to being in the base line and that play wasn't going to be close if the guy just slid in normal. That was way out of line what he did. He went out of his way to spear head a catcher. Uncalled for.

Did we see the same play? Posey was all over the plate, the only chance the runner had was to run him over. I am sorry Posey got hurt, but don't block the plate and you won't get ran over.

bounty37h
05-26-2011, 11:23 AM
19 innings and the Reds have opportunity after opportunity, then come up short facing a back up second basemen on the mound! WTF! They deserve everything they get! The Sky is falling folks, be glad you didn't watch that game!

I watch the Reds every game, every at bat, tmrw ill be checking the box scores! Screw this team!

I watched all 19 innings, and hope to watch the next 9 in another hour and a half. Enjoy your boxscore though, sure you will be back

brm7675
05-26-2011, 11:26 AM

You can't bring in what is not available. What players moved in the offseason that the Reds could have gotten that would have been a major improvement?

brm7675
05-26-2011, 11:29 AM

A) Cry me a river..
B) Jayson Werth is not worth what he is being paid, the Reds didn't need him and would have been stupid to waste the money on him.
C) I agree Dusty needs to go
D) Exactly "how" is your summer ruined?

bounty37h
05-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Nate, its because you haven't seen a 19 inning loss, nor have I! It hasn't happened since the early 1970's! I'm sure back then the big red machines middle of the line up didn't go down to a back up position player either on the mound who could hardly throw strikes! This game was the worst Reds game ive ever watched!

The Reds will be the laughing stock of baseball tomorrow!

You must be new to baseball if that was the worst Reds game you have ever watched or think we will be the laughing stock of baseball. Welcome to the game

bounty37h
05-26-2011, 11:40 AM

Sounds to me like you ned to find something else meaningful in your life; if this has ruined your summer, you need to look in the mirror and reevaulate things.

R_Webb18
05-26-2011, 11:46 AM
some of u ppl are idiots. are you rly a reds fan if so whats the point. everything they do is terrible. dusty this dusty that it gets hold and ppl are tired of listen to it

texasdave
05-26-2011, 11:56 AM
Bottom line is that there are some on here who will never be satisfied and that speaks more poorly about them than anything having to do with the team itself. It just happens to permiate more after a tough loss.

I wonder what it says about a person who comes on to this board to try to bemean and belittle the same people he states are clueless? I mean if these people are so clueless what drives you to try to put them down on a daily basis? Obviously you think they are beneath you. You state they know nothing and are emotionally-driven. So why do you want to kick them so often? Do you pull the wings off of flies as well?

Who Dey Time
05-26-2011, 12:08 PM
I wonder what it says about a person who comes on to this board to try to bemean and belittle the same people he states are clueless? I mean if these people are so clueless what drives you to try to put them down on a daily basis? Obviously you think they are beneath you. You state they know nothing and are emotionally-driven. So why do you want to kick them so often? Do you pull the wings off of flies as well?

You clearly need to re-read the thread....

1) I never called anyone out specifically let alone attempt to belittle someone.
2) I never have claimed that someone was beneath me as you put it.
3) I have said that people have knee jerk reactions and those reactions are silly based off of one game, situation, etc. Can you honestly disagree with that?
4) My cat killed a fly yesterday and I simply placed it in the garbage can.

texasdave
05-26-2011, 12:23 PM
You clearly need to re-read the thread....

1) I never called anyone out specifically let alone attempt to belittle someone.
2) I never have claimed that someone was beneath me as you put it.
3) I have said that people have knee jerk reactions and those reactions are silly based off of one game, situation, etc. Can you honestly disagree with that?
4) My cat killed a fly yesterday and I simply placed it in the garbage can.

Did you write this? Because it is basically end of discussion if you did.

Dusty a moron? It's clear that the knee-jerks will bash the manager all day for anything, facts be damned. I'll just continue to laugh at them since their baseball knowledge it clearly lacking.

Who Dey Time
05-26-2011, 12:29 PM
Did you write this? Because it is basically end of discussion if you did.

I did and read it again. Never bashed a specific poster, never claimed anyone to be beneath me as you claim. What I did do was state that those who knee jerk show a lack of understanding about the game. That, my friend, is a fact.

DocRed
05-26-2011, 12:41 PM
Dusty is genius......saving Lecure and Maloney....genius I tell you...genius!!!!!!!!!

will5979
05-26-2011, 01:59 PM
D) Exactly "how" is your summer ruined?

Seeing as how I love baseball, and love to watch baseball everyday in the summer, what fun is it going to be if the Reds are playing .500 ball?
or sub-.500 ball?

Last summer was a blast! The summer of 1999 was one of the best of my life, summer of 2000 was ok, the way the Reds play really affects my mood, I told you before I'm emotionally attached to this team.

brm7675
05-26-2011, 02:18 PM
Seeing as how I love baseball, and love to watch baseball everyday in the summer, what fun is it going to be if the Reds are playing .500 ball?
or sub-.500 ball?

Last summer was a blast! The summer of 1999 was one of the best of my life, summer of 2000 was ok, the way the Reds play really affects my mood, I told you before I'm emotionally attached to this team.

Because it's baseball, it's about the game, the enjoyment at the park. We have some incredible talent on this team win or lose. Can it be frustrating..sure but it's still baseball....:beerme:

Reds
05-26-2011, 05:45 PM
Dusty is genius......saving Lecure and Maloney....genius I tell you...genius!!!!!!!!!

Right... Maloney went to the DL following the game and LeCure's forearm is hurt and was unable to pitch. The only thing he saved was their careers by not blowing their arms up in the 19th inning of a game.

I'm done talking about this situation but those who blindly believe that Dusty ignored options are mistaken and it's annoying.

brm7675
05-26-2011, 05:56 PM
Right... Maloney went to the DL following the game and LeCure's forearm is hurt and was unable to pitch. The only thing he saved was their careers by not blowing their arms up in the 19th inning of a game.

I'm done talking about this situation but those who blindly believe that Dusty ignored options are mistaken and it's annoying.

No the issue is how Dusty misused the pen last night. He should have known before the game started that both men were not available and then made decisions off of that. Also if he knew the two couldn't go then he should have gone to Janish earlier, scarafice that game and not your staff.

webbbj
05-26-2011, 09:56 PM
people overreacting in this thread.

Jones1
05-27-2011, 01:48 AM
I watched all 19 innings, and hope to watch the next 9 in another hour and a half. Enjoy your boxscore though, sure you will be back

Yeah i did enjoy reading the box score yesterday, after another awful game i'm glad i took a break. With that being said, for all the idiots that misconstrued my frustration with being a bandwagon fan and not supporting my team anymore YOU'RE DEAD WRONG!

It was a break and i was right, the sky is falling for the Reds at this moment. Do i believe and truly hope they'll get their act together sure, but as a fan i'm worried. If you don't expect something better than the crap baseball that we've been watching as Reds fans prior to last year for 15 years, than maybe you should ask yourself if you're a true fan!

I have confidence, in the owner, GM, manager and players to turn this thing around, but if they don't you can sure as spit expect to hear me say something about it!

malcontent
05-27-2011, 01:58 AM
No the issue is how Dusty misused the pen last night. He should have known before the game started that both men were not available and then made decisions off of that. Also if he knew the two couldn't go then he should have gone to Janish earlier, scarafice that game and not your staff.
Question is: What did Baker and Walt know, and when did they know it?

Were they effectively playing with a 5-man BP?