PDA

View Full Version : Phillips mans up....

texasdave
05-26-2011, 11:16 AM
..at least he didn't try to shift the blame. (A la Edinson Volquez - Now known as the Louisville Kid) I'd still sit him a game.

“I lost the game,” Phillips said. “I was talking to (Jimmy Rollins) and I put my head down. I fell for the banana in the tailpipe. It’s all my fault. I take the blame.”

PS Phillips got a banana in the tailpipe in front of 40,000 plus?

bounty37h
05-26-2011, 11:20 AM
I aint gonna fall fo no banana in my tailpipe.

Stray
05-26-2011, 11:31 AM
It was a really stupid mistake but there's no sense in dwelling on it...we win if he doesn't get picked and he knows it, he's owning it so there's not much more that can be said.

What I'm more curious about is Maloney and Lecure. Dusty said that they couldn't go. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but when your teammates have gone 19 innings and Fisher is completely outta gas, it would have been nice for one of them to step up and say they would go in. Everyone was tired.

brm7675
05-26-2011, 11:33 AM
It was a really stupid mistake but there's no sense in dwelling on it...we win if he doesn't get picked and he knows it, he's owning it so there's not much more that can be said.

What I'm more curious about is Maloney and Lecure. Dusty said that they couldn't go. I'm not sure exactly what that means, but when your teammates have gone 19 innings and Fisher is completely outta gas, it would have been nice for one of them to step up and say they would go in. Everyone was tired.

Neither could get warmed up, both were feeling some discomfort from their previous outing.

R_Webb18
05-26-2011, 11:42 AM
sitting bp hurts the team so no. hopefully he just pays attention now on which im sure he will

CrosleyField
05-27-2011, 07:40 AM
In so many ways Phillips is the heart and soul of this team. How many guys show up for a 13 year old's game. I gain more and more respect for him all the time.

It was a stupid mistake in a close game but he has definently done a lot more good that wrong for the Reds.

smixsell
05-27-2011, 10:27 AM
sitting bp hurts the team so no. hopefully he just pays attention now on which im sure he will

Not sitting bp at least 1 game hurts the team a lot more.