PDA

View Full Version : Daryl Thompson called up

mr. red
05-26-2011, 12:48 PM
@johnfayman Daryl Thompson is in the clubhouse

Fay went onto say that he doesn't know the corresponding move yet.

I am guessing Fisher gets sent down

R_Webb18
05-26-2011, 12:49 PM
Fay went onto say that he doesn't know the corresponding move yet.

I am guessing Fisher gets sent down

he pitched great but its prob is him lets hope baily can go deep

mr. red
05-26-2011, 12:55 PM
he pitched great but its prob is him lets hope baily can go deep

yeah he did a great job. i just figured that he can't be used for a few days, so they need an arm up here now. i agree with bailey...i hope he can go 7 or 8 today

mr. red
05-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Maloney to the DL with rib cage strain via Sheldon and Fay on Twitter.

DocRed
05-26-2011, 01:48 PM
If true...wow that's pretty harsh after the way he pitched last night.

malcontent
05-26-2011, 01:49 PM
I want to hear what happened from Maloney and LeCure.

How can not one but two pitchers who didn't pitch the day before be too sore to go?

And if you can't bounce back in 3 days then you shouldn't be taking up a spot in the bullpen.

DocRed
05-26-2011, 01:59 PM

How can not one but two pitchers who didn't pitch the day before be too sore to go?

And if you can't bounce back in 3 days then you shouldn't be taking up a spot in the bullpen.

Yep, I don't buy Dusty's excuse for a second unless I hear it from those 2 guys. LeCure pitched 3.1 innings on Sunday...before that he hadn't pitched for 4 days. If he can't go after pitching just 3.1 innings in the last seven days, then his roster spot needs to be freed up not wasted. But then again what's one less roster spot right?

brm7675
05-26-2011, 02:07 PM

Lets remember both are starters that have just been converted to bullpen rolls. Some pitchers can't bounce back right away after pitching a number of pitches the night before or couple nights before. That is why I am not a fan of converting starters into bullpen arms and then not giving them time in say AAA to learn how to make that adjustment.

brm7675
05-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Yep, I don't buy Dusty's excuse for a second unless I hear it from those 2 guys. LeCure pitched 3.1 innings on Sunday...before that he hadn't pitched for 4 days. If he can't go after pitching just 3.1 innings in the last seven days, then his roster spot needs to be freed up not wasted. But then again what's one less roster spot right?

i am all for bashing Dusty when need be, but not real sure why people are surprised that 2 pitchers who have no real history of being bullpen pitchers can't go. Some pitchers are just not ment to pitch from the pen. Thank god they figured that out with Leake and moved him to AAA to continue pitching in the starting role.

Stray
05-26-2011, 02:20 PM
I guess it's a double edged sword. Had Dusty ran Lecure or Maloney out there when they said they couldn't go and they got hurt, well then you're right back to the Dusty kills arms argument.

They know their bodies and if they said they couldn't go then you have to accept it.

As for sending Fisher down, it has nothing to do with his effort last night. He wouldn't be available for a while and we need arms in the pen.

malcontent
05-26-2011, 03:47 PM
Had Dusty ran Lecure or Maloney out there when they said they couldn't go and they got hurt, well then you're right back to the Dusty kills arms argument.
I'm just wondering if they actually said they couldn't.

Especially Maloney.

BluegrassRedleg
05-26-2011, 04:21 PM
I'm more than a bit concerned that we're dipping into the AA ranks for guys with his stat line to help us get out of this horrible rut.

This kid can't throw a strike to save his life, and when he finally does, it's putting meat on a tee for Cliff Lee to drive 400 feet.

mr. red
05-26-2011, 07:35 PM
I'm more than a bit concerned that we're dipping into the AA ranks for guys with his stat line to help us get out of this horrible rut.

This kid can't throw a strike to save his life, and when he finally does, it's putting meat on a tee for Cliff Lee to drive 400 feet.

Didn't really have a choice when the game ends around 2 am. Had to activate a player that was on the 40 man and could be ready for a game that started 11 hours later.