PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bruce

CrosleyField
05-26-2011, 10:15 PM
Its pretty much the end of May. Bruce is leading the NL in HRs and batting over .280.

Does he have a chance to make the all star team this year?

webbbj
05-26-2011, 10:43 PM
yes

davereds24
05-26-2011, 10:48 PM
not unless he keeps this up through June. Holliday, Kemp, Braun, Berkman, players from teams who have to have a guy on the roster.

BluegrassRedleg
05-26-2011, 11:08 PM
Going to be hard as an OFer, but if he keeps this momentum going, who knows?

This is the best I can remember him being early in the season. Seems like he's usually better in the second half. Don't know if the numbers reflect that, but it definitely feels that way.

RockyBalboa
05-26-2011, 11:20 PM
Phillies fan here, I registered during our playoff series last year. Had to stop by and give Bruce his props. He had a terrific series against us. He did it against tough pitchers too(Cole,Bastardo,Madson,Doc & Lee)

Fisher deserves credit too, even though the Reds lost he pitched his heart out that game.

Hope to see you guys in the playoffs again this year.

Natty Redlocks
05-26-2011, 11:43 PM
Phillies fan here, I registered during our playoff series last year. Had to stop by and give Bruce his props. He had a terrific series against us. He did it against tough pitchers too(Cole,Bastardo,Madson,Doc & Lee)

Fisher deserves credit too, even though the Reds lost he pitched his heart out that game.

Hope to see you guys in the playoffs again this year.

Thank you. Can we please have Cole Hamels?

davereds24
05-26-2011, 11:51 PM
I'd imagine Phillies fans wish they could face the Reds every day.

skywalker
05-26-2011, 11:59 PM
Bruce is in it to win it :):):)

RockyBalboa
05-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Thank you. Can we please have Cole Hamels?

Yeah, Cole has definitely owned the Reds in his career. I guess they have a tough time picking up his release point or something.

I'd imagine Phillies fans wish they could face the Reds every day.

I don't think I can take that, we play too many close nerve wracking games against you guys. :)

I remember last year the Reds beat Doc like 4-3 in Cincy and we had maybe 3 straight games at CBP against the Reds that were decided in the last at bat. Now this 19 inning marathon.

Moosie52
05-27-2011, 08:39 AM
The Philles radio broadcast team yesterday:

"Here's a surprise. Jay Bruce homered today."

"He homers every day."

"No, it just seems like it."