PDA

View Full Version : Chad Rogers

redsof72
05-28-2011, 12:46 AM
Not sure how many fans are familiar with this player. Came out of junior college last season in the draft and it has been well documented that he missed the rest of the season due to a shark bite.

He has been an organizational shocker, not so much for numbers but for stuff (though his numbers are good). He has been 92-96 with his fastball, good command. One scout told me that if he was coming out in the 2011 draft, he would be taken in the range of rounds 3-5.

Check out his numbers. He came out of nowhere and when they needed to bump a guy up from extended, he got the nod, and he has not let anyone down. I expect him to become a starter at some point (after Smith and Renken move up).

mace
05-28-2011, 01:29 AM
Good info. I only know that, performance-wise, he's been impressive--and yes, very surprising--from the outset. And he seems like a guy you can really root for.

lollipopcurve
05-28-2011, 09:04 AM
I believe he got a solid above-slot bonus to sign -- so they knew he was more than a mid-20s round guy.

RedLegsToday
05-28-2011, 09:26 AM
There's a dearth of good nicknames in baseball these days. Can we call him Shark Bite? :-)

OesterPoster
05-28-2011, 10:08 AM
There's a dearth of good nicknames in baseball these days. Can we call him Shark Bite? :-)

I'd go with the nickname the tank fish gave Nemo. Sharkbait

bellhead
05-28-2011, 10:11 AM
Not sure how many fans are familiar with this player. Came out of junior college last season in the draft and it has been well documented that he missed the rest of the season due to a shark bite.

He has been an organizational shocker, not so much for numbers but for stuff (though his numbers are good). He has been 92-96 with his fastball, good command. One scout told me that if he was coming out in the 2011 draft, he would be taken in the range of rounds 3-5.

Check out his numbers. He came out of nowhere and when they needed to bump a guy up from extended, he got the nod, and he has not let anyone down. I expect him to become a starter at some point (after Smith and Renken move up).

Can't teach a 96 mph fastball...

Good stuff 72.

redsof72
05-31-2011, 11:59 PM
I jinxed him. Not good tonight.