PDA

View Full Version : At what point are we sellers?

NeilHamburger
05-29-2011, 10:43 PM
Reds are now 5 games out. If in 2 weeks they are 8 or so games out what happens? I know it sucks to think about considering the high hopes for this year. But, it's getting close to that time when you just have to accept the Reds aren't good enough to win this year, but they do have some pieces other teams would want. Cordero, Masset, Phillips, Rolen, Hernandez/Hanigan, Arredondo and Heisey are all players I could see teams wanting.

will5979
05-29-2011, 10:46 PM
Reds are now 5 games out. If in 2 weeks they are 8 or so games out what happens? I know it sucks to think about considering the high hopes for this year. But, it's getting close to that time when you just have to accept the Reds aren't good enough to win this year, but they do have some pieces other teams would want. Cordero, Masset, Phillips, Rolen, Hernandez/Hanigan, Arredondo and Heisey are all players I could see teams wanting.

Walt would be dumber than hell to trade Phillips or Masset, the rest you list are expendable.

DocRed
05-29-2011, 10:47 PM
I would sell Dusty for a bag of magic beans....

Vottomatic
05-29-2011, 11:09 PM
Cue......3......2.......1........BAKER12 is about to respond.......

Maker_84
05-29-2011, 11:32 PM
pretty soon most likely, getting Rolen and Cordero off this team would help

Natty Redlocks
05-29-2011, 11:43 PM
I don't see anyone else running away with the division. I think the Reds will continue to be in the race. It just feels like they suck because they haven't won much lately, but they're still a good team. Have some patience, and a little faith.

webbbj
05-30-2011, 12:43 AM
if were out of the race were pretty much gonna be in stand pat mode. guys like cordero or hernandez become expendable and maybe rolen but their not part of next years plans anyway except rolen on a limited role.

SidneySlicker
05-30-2011, 09:04 AM
As was stated I don't see anyone running away with this division. The Cards and the Brewers have been hot and the Reds have not. The law of averages is bound to catch up at some point here. This series with the Brewers is obviously very important.

Vottomatic
05-30-2011, 09:06 AM
As was stated I don't see anyone running away with this division. The Cards and the Brewers have been hot and the Reds have not. The law of averages is bound to catch up at some point here. This series with the Brewers is obviously very important.

I also read somewhere that the Reds are playing the toughest part of their schedule and the Cards are playing the weakest part of their schedule.

Things will get better when the Reds get back to playing the Pirates. D'OH! :laugh:

wvreds
05-30-2011, 09:13 AM
Get Rolen out does not have it anymore...... trade for Reyes only if he will sign multi year then move Stubbs down to 7th... And get a Pitcher!

webbbj
05-30-2011, 10:24 AM
rolen is fine just not a 4 hitter

brm7675
05-30-2011, 12:11 PM
The Reds won't be sellers no matter how far they drop. They might unload Co-Co and maybe Hernandez but that is it, no one else is going anywhere.

Krawhitham
05-30-2011, 12:31 PM
they only have 5 players to sell

Rolen
Renteria
Arroyo
Hernandez
Cordero

and I do not see any demand for any of these guys

They would have to give away EV

Krawhitham
05-30-2011, 12:32 PM
rolen is fine just not a 4 hitter

Rolen has lost 3 steps in the field this season and if he plays for more that 3 days in a row he can not buy a hit

The DARK
05-30-2011, 12:50 PM
A 27-27 record does not make us sellers. If we don't win the division this season, we're poised to make a run next year. We're only sellers if we struggle next season as well.

brm7675
05-30-2011, 01:07 PM
A 27-27 record does not make us sellers. If we don't win the division this season, we're poised to make a run next year. We're only sellers if we struggle next season as well.

Lets also not forget we don't have to win the division to make the playoffs..

brm7675
05-30-2011, 01:07 PM
they only have 5 players to sell

Rolen
Renteria
Arroyo
Hernandez
Cordero

and I do not see any demand for any of these guys

They would have to give away EV

I would say Cordero could bring a decent return and Hernandez an okay return as with Arroyo. The R and R boys won't.

mr. red
05-30-2011, 02:27 PM
The Reds won't be sellers no matter how far they drop. They might unload Co-Co and maybe Hernandez but that is it, no one else is going anywhere.

In this post you say the Reds won't be sellers, but in your wonderful interpretation of Walt's words that you translated through the FBI database, you state that Walt will be "trading their butts"..... do you even know what goes on in your head?

brm7675
05-30-2011, 02:38 PM
In this post you say the Reds won't be sellers, but in your wonderful interpretation of Walt's words that you translated through the FBI database, you state that Walt will be "trading their butts"..... do you even know what goes on in your head?

I would like to see some dead weight traded away, but with the FBI thing that was just being funny, overall I just don't see the Reds having anything outside of Co-Co and Hernandez being offered. They are not going to deal away their young talent, Rolen will retire a Red and who is stupid enough to want Gomes or Edgar?

mr. red
05-30-2011, 02:42 PM
I would like to see some dead weight traded away, but with the FBI thing that was just being funny, overall I just don't see the Reds having anything outside of Co-Co and Hernandez being offered. They are not going to deal away their young talent, Rolen will retire a Red and who is stupid enough to want Gomes or Edgar?

Edgar and Gomes should have been DFA'd a while ago. I would dump them, bring up Cozart and Frazier. And move Alsono and others for some pitching help.

malcontent
05-30-2011, 04:56 PM
Let's start by hypnotizing SF with Ramon.

Actually, I'd hate to see him go. Really like him.

But yeah, I think we're sellers. It'll be more obvious (to the fungus amongus) in, say, three weeks.

VottoFan54
06-15-2011, 10:54 PM
2 1/2 weeks ago the Reds were five games out and everyone was wondering if they had any chance to contend, today the Reds have a good chance to move with in a game and half of first place. There is a lesson to be learned, every team will slump throughout the season.

It's a long season.

:reds:

texasdave
06-15-2011, 11:15 PM
2 1/2 weeks ago the Reds were five games out and everyone was wondering if they had any chance to contend, today the Reds have a good chance to move with in a game and half of first place. There is a lesson to be learned, every team will slump throughout the season.

It's a long season.

:reds:

Not every team that falls five games back creeps back into the race. Most don't I would venture to guess.

Kingspoint
06-15-2011, 11:46 PM
1-1/2 games behind the Cardinals and 2-1/2 games behind the Brewers.

Pirates 4-1/2 games behind the Brewers and 3-1/2 games behind the Cardinals.

The NL Central has 4 teams above .500. The rest of the NL has 4 teams above .500.

VottoFan54
06-15-2011, 11:51 PM
Not every team that falls five games back creeps back into the race. Most don't I would venture to guess.

The Reds aren't any team that can be 5 games out and just fall out of the race, the Reds are the reigning NL Central champions, we knew they were a good team. Look how bad the Red Sox started off the season.

My point is this isn't the Reds of the lost decade this team is good, don't be so negative when there are 80+ games left to play.

Roush's socks
06-16-2011, 12:53 AM
The Reds aren't any team that can be 5 games out and just fall out of the race, the Reds are the reigning NL Central champions, we knew they were a good team. Look how bad the Red Sox started off the season.

My point is this isn't the Reds of the lost decade this team is good, don't be so negative when there are 80+ games left to play.

Agree. The Reds were the favorites going into the season in nearly every forecast. They are younger and have more depth than the Cardinals or Brewers.

They currently have the highest point differential +34 in the division. They are in the hardest stretch of their schedule, playing on the West coast where they always struggle.

Those who were freaking out a week or two ago are looking stupid now as the Reds are putting it together. Of course it is a long season and anything can happen, but right now it is looking better than a lot of Reds fans want to admit. Why always the negativity? This is a different team.

Kingspoint
06-16-2011, 01:13 AM
I'm in the same house as Dusty. I could feel it just like he could that this team was playing better and showing improvement. You could see it in the 19-Inning loss and how they responded after that. They've been playing tough, and giving it their all for every inning.

REDS' fans should be nothing but titillated right now.

Reds
06-16-2011, 01:15 AM
We ain't selling %@*#

brm7675
06-16-2011, 11:13 AM
I'm in the same house as Dusty. I could feel it just like he could that this team was playing better and showing improvement. You could see it in the 19-Inning loss and how they responded after that. They've been playing tough, and giving it their all for every inning.

REDS' fans should be nothing but titillated right now.

As long as we keep running Edgar out there it is very hard to get "titillated" over this team. It is sad how older non productive players are allowed to halt the growth and progession of better younger players in the organization due to stupidity of mag't.