PDA

View Full Version : Jay Bruce Named Player of the Month! (Officially)

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 02:17 PM
Via Jamie Ramsey Twitter

Expect good neeewwwwwwwwwws this afternoon

Am I reaching, or is Jay Bruce POM? :beerme:

cumberlandreds
06-02-2011, 02:24 PM
Am I reaching, or is Jay Bruce POM? :beerme:

It could be that the Reds acquired Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee for a couple of minor league prospects. :D
But I'm not holding my breath on that one. You are probably correct.

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 02:27 PM
It could be that the Reds acquired Roy Halladay and Cliff Lee for a couple of minor league prospects. :D
But I'm not holding my breath on that one. You are probably correct.

Double A or Rookie League? :lol:

cumberlandreds
06-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Double A or Rookie League? :lol:

Rookie League of course. You can't give too much for those two bums.

Ghosts of 1990
06-02-2011, 02:38 PM
Very cool. A very happy day for all Reds fans.

Danny Serafini
06-02-2011, 02:40 PM
So in other words he actually hasn't been announced Player of the Month and we're just speculating. I realize he'll likely get it, but could we not have a thread title like "Jay Bruce Announced Player of the Month" when he hasn't been.

redsmetz
06-02-2011, 02:53 PM
So in other words he actually hasn't been announced Player of the Month and we're just speculating. I realize he'll likely get it, but could we not have a thread title like "Jay Bruce Announced Player of the Month" when he hasn't been.

I agree on both counts. It's also possible that something else will be announced (a trade? I contemplated posting this tweet in that thread), but it seems a bit much to start a thread based on an ambiguous internet message even with the likelihood that it is referring to just this thing being announced.

mdccclxix
06-02-2011, 03:02 PM
Would Ramsey leave the scoop on a trade in waiting? It's got to be POM.

klw
06-02-2011, 03:06 PM
Would Ramsey leave the scoop on a trade in waiting? It's got to be POM.

Well especially with the drawn out Bruuuuuuuuuuuce like spelling of news.

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 03:19 PM

How stupid is this post? :laugh:

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 03:21 PM
I agree on both counts. It's also possible that something else will be announced (a trade? I contemplated posting this tweet in that thread), but it seems a bit much to start a thread based on an ambiguous internet message even with the likelihood that it is referring to just this thing being announced.

Really? a Trade? you've got to be kidding me. Look at the tweet and think for a second

redsmetz
06-02-2011, 03:26 PM
Really? a Trade? you've got to be kidding me. Look at the tweet and think for a second

Having overlooked the drawn out word "news," I suspect you're right. That said, there's really no reason on your response to me or the other poster, to kick right in to plain rudeness. It's still silly to create a thread stating a something has happened when, in fact, it hasn't happened.

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 03:28 PM
Having overlooked the drawn out word "news," I suspect you're right. That said, there's really no reason on your response to me or the other poster, to kick right in to plain rudeness. It's still silly to create a thread stating a something has happened when, in fact, it hasn't happened.

I disagree, you guys did not think at all before posting. How's that my fault?

redsmetz
06-02-2011, 03:30 PM
I disagree, you guys did not think at all before posting. How's that my fault?

The larger matter is your rudeness. But that's it on this matter for me. Take care.

Plus Plus
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
Play nice.

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 03:32 PM
The larger matter is your rudeness. But that's it on this matter for me. Take care.

Not going to celebrate Bruce's #WIN at all?

Chip R
06-02-2011, 03:35 PM
We used to have a policy around here that said that actual news should wait to be posted until there is an actual link to the article verifying the news. Even in this age of Twitter and Facebook, it's better to get an actual link before posting. This isn't a competition to get news out first. Waiting a few hours isn't going to hurt anyone and no one will think worse of you if you wait.

Caveman Techie
06-02-2011, 03:38 PM
Look forward to the announcement. Not that it's going to be a surprise.

Danny Serafini
06-02-2011, 03:41 PM
How stupid is this post? :laugh:

Here's an idea. How about you show some consideration, not post misleading thread titles, and quit acting like a jerk.

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 03:42 PM
We used to have a policy around here that said that actual news should wait to be posted until there is an actual link to the article verifying the news. Even in this age of Twitter and Facebook, it's better to get an actual link before posting. This isn't a competition to get news out first. Waiting a few hours isn't going to hurt anyone and no one will think worse of you if you wait.

I don't understand why we have to wait when it is obvious what is going on. :confused:

edabbs44
I don't understand why we have to wait when it is obvious what is going on. :confused:

http://legendsrevealed.com/sports/wp-content/uploads/2009/05/dewey.jpg

The Voice of IH
Here's an idea. How about you show some consideration, not post misleading thread titles, and quit acting like a jerk.

have fun with that trade of yours.

Plus Plus
06-02-2011, 03:47 PM
Maybe my first post in this thread wasn't clear. Let me expand on the point that I was trying to make: if I were participating in this thread, I wouldn't be posting targeted insults at other posters.

There hasn't been an official announcement and, obviously, RedsZone is a place for posters with all sorts of different views and opinions to share these views and opinions in a civil and polite manner. Be respectful if you want to participate in these threads, please.

reds44
06-02-2011, 03:54 PM
I see the off day has some people grumpy lol

redsfan30
06-02-2011, 04:00 PM
Wow. Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed.

Caveman Techie
06-02-2011, 04:10 PM

That hasn't been confirmed yet, you are just speculating. ;)

Brutus
06-02-2011, 04:22 PM
I don't think there's a problem with the thread. I do think the title is extremely premature based on the quoted message, however. It might be reasonably inferred, but far from definitive.

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 04:27 PM
I see the off day has some people grumpy lol

No Reds baseball today ;)

dougdirt
06-02-2011, 04:33 PM

I did wake up on the wrong side of the bed. My back is pretty tight today.

No more speculation on this news. It is now confirmed, someone did wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Brutus
06-02-2011, 04:38 PM

No more speculation on this news. It is now confirmed, someone did wake up on the wrong side of the bed.

Let's hope you're more consistent in your waking up on the wrong side of the bed. You're very streaky.

klw
06-02-2011, 04:40 PM

I once woke up lying partially on the side of my bed. My left arm was under my body between my side and the wood frame of the bed. It had become completely numb. When I rolled over this arm flopped down on me. I grabbed it with my right arm but the arm was numb enough I could not feel my right arm grabbing it. Still half asleep I though someone had broken in and had tried to grab me. I lay there for about 5 seconds until I realized I has holding my own arm above me.
Back to the topic.

Caveman Techie
06-02-2011, 05:01 PM
@klw

I lol'd. I can just see me doing something like this too.

Eric_the_Red
06-02-2011, 05:24 PM
I once woke up lying partially on the side of my bed. My left arm was under my body between my side and the wood frame of the bed. It had become completely numb. When I rolled over this arm flopped down on me. I grabbed it with my right arm but the arm was numb enough I could not feel my right arm grabbing it. Still half asleep I though someone had broken in and had tried to grab me. I lay there for about 5 seconds until I realized I has holding my own arm above me.
Back to the topic.

Easily the best post of this now 3 page thread. :laugh:

Plus Plus
06-02-2011, 05:26 PM
http://ramsey.mlblogs.com/2011/06/02/bruce-named-nl-player-of-the-month-for-may/

It's official!

LvJ
06-02-2011, 05:35 PM
< - Happy dude

Chip R
06-02-2011, 05:38 PM
Well deserved.

RichRed
06-02-2011, 05:42 PM
Back to the topic.

If anything good came out of this thread, it was this post. Hilarious visual here.

Oh, and Jay winning Player of the Month is pretty cool too.

The Voice of IH
06-02-2011, 05:46 PM
You heard it here first :)

OnBaseMachine
06-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Congrats Jay.

HeatherC1212
06-02-2011, 05:58 PM
Way to go Jay!! Now keep that hot hitting up for a while, OK?! :p

:jump:

reds1869
06-02-2011, 06:07 PM
Way to go Bruce!

Captain Hook
06-02-2011, 06:28 PM
Way to go Jay!

Now I hope Joey wins it this month and then Jay wins it the following month and so on.The Reds just might have the two best players in baseball right now and for at least the next few years.

PuffyPig
06-02-2011, 07:02 PM
Way to go Jay!

Now I hope Joey wins it this month and then Jay wins it the following month and so on.The Reds just might have the two best players in baseball right now and for at least the next few years.

Don't you know:

Pujols>Votto
Tubby>Bruce

Dan
06-02-2011, 08:51 PM
First off, congrats to Jay Bruce. Very well deserved honor.

Back to the topic.

I may have that beat (ok, this doesn't beat yours, but I still gotta add my 'cool story bro')...on occasional trips to Atlantic City, I was saving money (read: too cheap) by sleeping in my car instead of a hotel room. I would fold the rear seats down so it was open all the way into my trunk. Then I would roll out a sleeping bag and slip in. Anyway, woke up one day and BOTH arms were asleep. I had to roll from side to side, arms flopping wildly, until the feeling returned to them. Took about 5 minutes. Weirdest feeling in the world.

Degenerate39
06-02-2011, 09:05 PM
When's the last time the Reds have had a player of the month?

OnBaseMachine
06-02-2011, 09:41 PM
When's the last time the Reds have had a player of the month?

Adam Dunn - July of 2005.

reds1869
06-02-2011, 11:56 PM
Adam Dunn - July of 2005.

Amazing that Votto didn't win the award at all last year when you consider his consistently excellent season.