PDA

View Full Version : dollar dogs

munnlete
06-04-2011, 11:37 AM
What section is the nearest to the dollar dogs stand on the main level at GABP?

KOBasinger
06-04-2011, 12:52 PM
Behind the first base line where all the picnic tables are.

RedsFan_26
06-04-2011, 02:15 PM
Yeah first base line. The dollar hot dogs are amazing, although the lines get long at times.

DocRed
06-04-2011, 06:15 PM
Dollar hot dogs?

Reds
06-04-2011, 08:28 PM
best deal in baseball because it's every game. there are teams in sports that do this a few times a year, the Reds are the only organization to do it on a daily basis.

jwmann2
06-05-2011, 01:22 AM
It's down the first base line, you turn right in this little gap where Paul Brown is in good view and its right next to skyline chili I think.

jhiller21
06-05-2011, 02:24 AM
I hate to complain but I think all hotdogs should be $1 at all stadiums. These companies that supply the ballparks are selling them in bulk, and they are somewhat low quality dogs.

Maybe if they were broiled or grilled with a large choice of toppings it would be worth the 3.50 they charge, but a dog sitting in warm water placed on a semi-stale bun with mustard, re-hydrated onions, and relish isn't worth $1.00, much less $3.50

One time I bought a cheeseburger at GABP and when I got back to my seat to eat it, there was a layer of wax paper stuck to the cold cheese. Well worth 6.75.

Also the beer is usually skunky if you buy the good brands. You can tell they let them sit around forever if they don't sell.

GABP concessions are not very good... I've had a lot better (and worse btw) at other stadiums.

RedLegsToday
06-05-2011, 08:34 AM
The meal deal up on the upper deck is a nice deal also. Hot dog, drink, chips, and whatever Kroger gave the Reds for that home stand (sunflower seeds, granola bar) for $7.

Of course, if you don't want to leave your seat, you can always call the LaRosa's delivery number, and have them bring a pizza or calzone to you. I love that.

Has anyone tried the new smokehouse bbq place yet?

Vottomatic
06-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Dollar dogs? I guess the fans need something to look forward to since our manager is costing us games we should win.

Kiss the Baby00
06-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Dollar dogs? I guess the fans need something to look forward to since our manager is costing us games we should win.

Congrats on being user #2 on kiss the babys ignore list. You are brm are gems.

btw had the dollar dog yesterday, they were great. the dollar coke was flat though :/

Vottomatic
06-05-2011, 12:27 PM
Congrats on being user #2 on kiss the babys ignore list. You are brm are gems.

btw had the dollar dog yesterday, they were great. the dollar coke was flat though :/

Good. I only want intelligent posters reading my insightful posts anyway. :D

Kiss the Baby00
06-05-2011, 12:42 PM
This message is hidden because Vottomatic is on your ignore list.

TheBigLebowski
06-05-2011, 01:10 PM
I am 34 years old now and I live in Gainesville, FL. Was born in Cincy but moved to North Florida when I was 3. My family always made pilgrimages back to Cincy every summer and we would always go to every Reds game we could. As a young kid, obviously, your wallet is not normally all that fat....but I always had a few bucks in there from allowance, doing extra chores, good grades on report cards, etc. One of my fondest memories from my childhood was going to Reds games during the summer @Riverfront and having enough money to buy myself 2 hot dogs during a Reds game. I would buy one in the 2nd and then another during the 5th or 6th. Are they gourmet fare? Hardly. But having hot dogs at a ballgame, living and dying by the outcome of every affair (because what else matters at that age?) and waiting near the player's parking lot for autographs after the game is what life is supposed to be about for a kid that age. I hope they never do away with the dollar dogs, regardless of how poor the quality of said dog may be.

Newman4
06-05-2011, 05:05 PM
What section is the nearest to the dollar dogs stand on the main level at GABP?It is between 132 and 133 across from the kids playground.

davereds24
06-05-2011, 05:14 PM
I am 34 years old now and I live in Gainesville, FL. Was born in Cincy but moved to North Florida when I was 3. My family always made pilgrimages back to Cincy every summer and we would always go to every Reds game we could. As a young kid, obviously, your wallet is not normally all that fat....but I always had a few bucks in there from allowance, doing extra chores, good grades on report cards, etc. One of my fondest memories from my childhood was going to Reds games during the summer @Riverfront and having enough money to buy myself 2 hot dogs during a Reds game. I would buy one in the 2nd and then another during the 5th or 6th. Are they gourmet fare? Hardly. But having hot dogs at a ballgame, living and dying by the outcome of every affair (because what else matters at that age?) and waiting near the player's parking lot for autographs after the game is what life is supposed to be about for a kid that age. I hope they never do away with the dollar dogs, regardless of how poor the quality of said dog may be.

They actually just started the dollar dog/stand last year. Don't think they had it at any time in GABP before last season.

jhiller21
06-05-2011, 08:01 PM
They actually just started the dollar dog/stand last year. Don't think they had it at any time in GABP before last season.

They used to just have dollar dog nights. If I remember right, actually they had half price ticket, dollar dog nights. And they were the better dogs that usually cost $3.50. I went to at least one of them and I think the whole thing cost me $25. I miss that promotion.

bounty37h
06-06-2011, 04:26 PM

Can I get a witness!!!

Reds
06-06-2011, 06:07 PM
Maybe it was just me, but Riverfront (maybe GABP) had good nachos. Cheese, salsa, and jalapenos with large portions. I go to some sporting events and it's impossible to get jalapenos or salsa.

I think that counts as a rant :D I always ate nachos at the game as a kid

Seņor Rojo
06-06-2011, 07:57 PM
Maybe it was just me, but Riverfront (maybe GABP) had good nachos. Cheese, salsa, and jalapenos with large portions. I go to some sporting events and it's impossible to get jalapenos or salsa.

I think that counts as a rant :D I always ate nachos at the game as a kid

The nachos at GABP have this spread of condiments, perhaps you'll have to come to a game soon.

Reds
06-06-2011, 10:27 PM
The nachos at GABP have this spread of condiments, perhaps you'll have to come to a game soon.

Good to hear. Nachos are a rip off but were always what I ate at games as a kid, probably because I had to share them with my brother :laugh:

Now that I mainly only attend hockey games I miss a decent nacho! i get a small cup of cheese and stale chips at most games :(