PDA

View Full Version : Juan Pierre?

cinreds21
06-06-2011, 03:55 AM
Just spitballing here but what about White Sox outfielder Juan Pierre? The Reds could do a huge deal getting lefty John Danks and Pierre to fill two spots. That would allow Stubbs to move down to the middle of the lineup and Pierre could be the table setter.

remdog
06-06-2011, 04:35 AM
Just spitballing here but what about White Sox outfielder Juan Pierre? The Reds could do a huge deal getting lefty John Danks and Pierre to fill two spots. That would allow Stubbs to move down to the middle of the lineup and Pierre could be the table setter.

In a word---NO! Bring up Dave Sappelt and you've got a similar player that costs you less money and you don't have to trade anyone. Plus Sappelt is 10 years younger. (famous shrug)

Rem

cinreds21
06-06-2011, 04:50 AM
In a word---NO! Bring up Dave Sappelt and you've got a similar player that costs you less money and you don't have to trade anyone. Plus Sappelt is 10 years younger. (famous shrug)

Rem

Sapp is hurt and won't be back until the All-Star break. After missing over a month and a half I doubt they'd call him up before September.

remdog
06-06-2011, 05:00 AM
Sapp is hurt and won't be back until the All-Star break. After missing over a month and a half I doubt they'd call him up before September.

I understand that but it's not a reason to trade for Juan 'Freekin' Pierre.

Rem

Will M
06-06-2011, 05:01 AM
I believe Pierre's problems are that he doesn't hit for power, doesn't walk, gets caught stealing too often & isn't that good defensively.

I know Jonny still has some defenders but I'd let him go and bring up some youth. Frazier could play LF and also fill in at 3B. If Alonso is felt to be OK defensively he is an option as well. Or both of them. Honestly if the team called up Mes, Alonso, Cozart & Frazier today I'd be thrilled.

GAC
06-06-2011, 05:08 AM

Rem

I think you misspelled his middle name (or is that the French version too?) :lol:

remdog
06-06-2011, 05:12 AM
I think you misspelled his middle name (or is that the French version too?) :lol:

Just channeling the famous Bucky 'bleeping' Dent quote. :lol:

KronoRed
06-06-2011, 05:38 AM
Pierre is awful, last thing the Reds need is an out at the top of the lineup who when he does get on base will do his best to be thrown out.

06-06-2011, 07:48 AM
Juan Pierre actually has been a good player most of his career. He puts up a decent OBP, career .346, steals lots of bases, around 40-60 a season, at a decent rate, 75%, and plays above average defense, career +4.8 UZR.

His biggest problem was that he was vastly overpaid when he went to the Dodgers. They paid him like an All-Star when he was more like a league average player.

That said, he is having a terrible year this year, and at his age, it might not be a slump.

RANDY IN INDY
06-06-2011, 08:00 AM

Rem

:laugh:Wholeheartedly agree!

Bumstead
06-06-2011, 10:53 AM
How about Dusty just plays Heisey everyday...how long can it possibly take to figure out Heisey is the Reds best LF against lefties and righties...

Griffey012
06-06-2011, 11:17 AM
Kids, just say no to drugs.

LincolnparkRed
06-06-2011, 11:19 AM
Please no. Just remember how bad the cubs were when Dusty had Juan the last time.

lollipopcurve
06-06-2011, 11:22 AM
Dusty loves Pierre.

dougdirt
06-06-2011, 12:25 PM
Don't need Juan Pierre. We have Yonder Alonso and Todd Frazier to head to left field if the Reds aren't satisfied with their current situation. Dave Sappelt could also be an option in the near future. The last thing the Reds need to do at this point is trade for an outfielder.

westofyou
06-06-2011, 12:26 PM
Why stop at Juan Pierre?

Why not just get a gun and shoot me in the head instead, it would be a quicker and less painful end.

edabbs44
06-06-2011, 12:29 PM
How about Dusty just plays Heisey everyday...how long can it possibly take to figure out Heisey is the Reds best LF against lefties and righties...

They need to start someone else in LF and then put Heisey in the game as a replacement after the first couple of pitches. Then we may be on to something.

RichRed
06-06-2011, 12:50 PM
Why stop at Juan Pierre?

Why not just get a gun and shoot me in the head instead, it would be a quicker and less painful end.

And have Willy Taveras pull the trigger with Quinton McCracken driving the getaway car.

In other words, I agree.

PuffyPig
06-06-2011, 12:53 PM
..... and Pierre could be the table setter.

The only tables I'd want Juan setting are at "Sizzlers", and that's only because I never eat there.

kaldaniels
06-06-2011, 12:58 PM
Why stop at Juan Pierre?

:lol:

RichRed
06-06-2011, 12:59 PM
The only tables I'd want Juan setting are at "Sizzlers", and that's only because I never eat there.

That's a hell of a great line right there.