Francisco 3B
Mesoraco DH
Hermida RF
Dorn 1B
Valaika 2B
Clevlen CF
Miller C

Dontrelle Willis P - 2.72

Bats have won 7 in a row and have closed the gap to 2 games behind first place Columbus.

GOYA
06-06-2011, 06:58 PM
Bats lead 1-0 in the top of the 7th and they are threatening with runners on the corners and 1 out for Cozart.

Cozart is 2 for 3.

GOYA
06-06-2011, 07:02 PM
For those unaware, Sappelt is in AZ getting back into baseball shape.

Doc. Scott
06-06-2011, 07:09 PM
Cozart gets a third hit. He's hitting at the right time.

JaxRed
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Too bad Cozart's blocked....:)

GOYA
06-06-2011, 07:10 PM
Cozart knocked in a run and so did Yonder,Mesoraco and Hermida.

5-0 Bats going to the bottom of the 7th.

cinreds21
06-06-2011, 07:23 PM
Mudcats Lineup Mon, June 6 @ Chattanooga: Berry CF, Cook LF, Costanzo 3B, Soto 1B, PUckett 2B, Perez RF, Kahaulelio SS, Skelton C, McCulloch P

OnBaseMachine
06-06-2011, 08:09 PM
After going 3-for-4 in game one, Cozart led off game two with his 6th HR of the season. He's now hitting .306 with an .835 OPS. Seriously, why not give him a shot in Cincinnati?

Mesoraco went 2-for-4 in game one and has homered in his first atbat of game two. His 7th HR of the season. .330 BA/.969 OPS.

Benihana
06-06-2011, 08:30 PM
After going 3-for-4 in game one, Cozart led off game two with his 6th HR of the season. He's now hitting .306 with an .835 OPS. Seriously, why not give him a shot in Cincinnati?

Mesoraco went 2-for-4 in game one and has homered in his first atbat of game two. His 7th HR of the season. .330 BA/.969 OPS.

You haven't heard? They can't rush Cozart!

muddie
06-06-2011, 08:40 PM
Mudcats down 4-0 and hitless after four innings. I'm ready for the 2nd half.

Edd Roush
06-06-2011, 09:49 PM
You haven't heard? They can't rush Cozart!

Hey, he's a young 26.

Maker_84
06-06-2011, 10:00 PM
I'm liking alot what the Bats are starting to do. Time for some of them to move up to the big leagues

fugowitribe
06-06-2011, 10:24 PM
I went to the DH tonight at Huntington Park for the Bats, and I saw exactly what everyone was speculating. I saw the guys like Mesoraco and Alonso hit the cover off the ball, and then saw why they are still at AAA. Alonso is an Ugly LF. Although it was only one play, a ball that reached the first row of the LF seats was played miserably by Yonder as he Jumped/Crashed into the wall and collapsed in a pile at the base of the wall. Mesoraco sailed a throw into CF and let two passed balls get by. I know it is only one night, but I thought it was interesting to see the exact perception of these two unfold via a DH in a beautiful ballpark.

dougdirt
06-06-2011, 10:42 PM
Mudcats down 4-0 and hitless after four innings. I'm ready for the 2nd half.

Look who won 6-5. It was the Mudcats.

dougdirt
06-06-2011, 10:45 PM
I went to the DH tonight at Huntington Park for the Bats, and I saw exactly what everyone was speculating. I saw the guys like Mesoraco and Alonso hit the cover off the ball, and then saw why they are still at AAA. Alonso is an Ugly LF. Although it was only one play, a ball that reached the first row of the LF seats was played miserably by Yonder as he Jumped/Crashed into the wall and collapsed in a pile at the base of the wall. Mesoraco sailed a throw into CF and let two passed balls get by. I know it is only one night, but I thought it was interesting to see the exact perception of these two unfold via a DH in a beautiful ballpark.

Mesoraco wasn't charged with any passed balls according to the box score. Did have the throwing error though.

cinreds21
06-06-2011, 10:46 PM

lol

mace
06-06-2011, 11:27 PM

Very quietly--mostly because the Mudcats are so bad--Travis Webb has become a nice little item. With his five strikeouts tonight in two innings, he now has 32 in 20 innings since he became a reliever four weeks ago. Over his eight outings, he has given up three earned runs.

In fact, aside from Joseph's much-discussed troubles, most of the Carolina bullpen has been pretty darn good, even since losing Christiani to Louisville. Tonight the pen gave up one run (Webb) in five innings, with 9 K. Webb was followed by Joseph, Freeman and Hamulack.

Blitz Dorsey
06-06-2011, 11:45 PM
If Soto is fully healthy (and not just playing at 80 percent or something) that will really help Carolina. Also, why haven't they moved Grandal to Carolina yet? Denove was supposed to be Carolina's catcher, but he's been hurt all year and hasn't played. Grandal has proven IMO he's ready for AA. Plus, the Reds have another serviceable catcher at Bakersfield with Fleury.

Speaking of catchers, anyone notice the year Tucker Barnhart is having at Dayton? He's a little dude for a catcher (5-8, 170) but I like his offensive numbers. How is he defensively for those that have watched him? Reds drafted him out of high school in 2009 in the 10th round. Man is the Reds system stockpiled with catching prospects.

nemesis
06-07-2011, 12:53 AM
If Soto is fully healthy (and not just playing at 80 percent or something) that will really help Carolina. Also, why haven't they moved Grandal to Carolina yet? Denove was supposed to be Carolina's catcher, but he's been hurt all year and hasn't played. Grandal has proven IMO he's ready for AA. Plus, the Reds have another serviceable catcher at Bakersfield with Fleury.

Speaking of catchers, anyone notice the year Tucker Barnhart is having at Dayton? He's a little dude for a catcher (5-8, 170) but I like his offensive numbers. How is he defensively for those that have watched him? Reds drafted him out of high school in 2009 in the 10th round. Man is the Reds system stockpiled with catching prospects.

Very polished for his age and level. 1 E in 40 games. I keep hearing a comparison to Hanigan. There will be a ML viable catcher at every level once Grandal is moved to AA. Amazing statement.

Kingspoint
06-07-2011, 12:56 AM
I've never seen so much hitting by so many people at a REDS' AAA club, especially the way they've been hitting their last 10 games, individually, with the exception of Valaika, of course, who seems to have his eyes closed when he's up to bat.

cinreds21
06-07-2011, 01:48 AM
Hopefully the Reds' injuries will subside and the Mudcats' own injuries will do the same and the Mudcats can make a second half run. I've seen flashes of what they can do. If Serrano, Fairel and Hotchkiss can return healthy in the next few months, that could be a big boost. If everyone can settle in at one time I think they very well could be a lot better than what they are now.

Kingspoint
06-07-2011, 03:32 AM
Hopefully the Reds' injuries will subside and the Mudcats' own injuries will do the same and the Mudcats can make a second half run. I've seen flashes of what they can do. If Serrano, Fairel and Hotchkiss can return healthy in the next few months, that could be a big boost. If everyone can settle in at one time I think they very well could be a lot better than what they are now.

Agree. Injuries have wreaked havoc on them. They've already used 24 pitchers with half of them having pitched at least in two different Minor League levels, not counting those who've also pitched at the Major League level. A little stability could work wonders.

muddie
06-07-2011, 05:31 AM

Nice. I knew after the ride back I would never make it through the game. Glad to see the guys won. Who knows, they may win a series.

LvJ
06-07-2011, 02:35 PM
So Willis went 4 2/3 with 7 strikeouts, 3 walks and 3 hits.

Kingspoint
06-07-2011, 03:29 PM

“Hitting ain’t been our problem,” Baker said. “We’re second in the league or third in almost every offensive category. Do we go from five runs a game to seven or eight? In many cases, it hasn’t been enough.

“As you’ve seen, there’s bigger gap now between Triple-A and the big league than there used to be."

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20110606/SPT04/306060081/Reds-not-calling-up-young-hitters?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Reds

kfm
06-07-2011, 04:03 PM
For those unaware, Sappelt is in AZ getting back into baseball shape.

Thanks for the update. He is one of my favorites and have been waiting to hear the news. I think he has the opportunity to be a legitimate big time leadoff hitter. I know he spent only a little time in Buffalo, but my wife is from there so I follow him pretty closely.

kfm
06-07-2011, 04:09 PM
I've never seen so much hitting by so many people at a REDS' AAA club, especially the way they've been hitting their last 10 games, individually, with the exception of Valaika, of course, who seems to have his eyes closed when he's up to bat.

Went to the game last night to see the doubleheader in Columbus. That lineup is so stacked and keep in mind they are missing Dave Sappelt. You had to get to the seventh hitter before you ran into an OPS under .800. When they can go Sappelt, Cozart, Alonso, Frazier, Francisco, Hermida, Mesoraco, Dorn, Valakia that is a pretty sick lineup. Any news on Yonder, he ran into the wall and had to be helped up but he stayed in the game. I could tell he would not come back out. While he was in the outfield he kept rubbing his neck and touching his head.