PDA

View Full Version : Edgar is hurting this team and today is proof

brm7675
06-08-2011, 11:17 AM
With Edgar both not able to play and only willing to play 1 position and today is a perfect example of how. In the interview of Cario last night he commented on he was a bit worn down from all the playing he has had but would keep going. WELLLLL now we are looking at a very HOT day game following last nights game and Cairo has to go at third today because we have no other choice. IF the Reds (Walt that is) would wake up and either DL or better yet DFA Edgar and bring up either Frazier or Valika who can play 3rd when needed and other positions we would be in better shape overall on our roster. I am really beginning to wonder if Walt isn't losing it a bit and just not the good GM he once was, because he continues to make very highly and questionable moves and non moves with the Reds...

CySeymour
06-08-2011, 11:19 AM
Can't say a disagree.

mrherd05
06-08-2011, 11:26 AM
I also agree.

Renteria reminds me of a bad hitting, slower version of Jeff Keppinger.

Newman4
06-08-2011, 11:27 AM
I would DL him even if he isn't hurt just to get a look at Cozart prior to the trade deadline. You have to see what you got in Cozart at some point.

CrosleyField
06-08-2011, 01:45 PM
He is the one player that I think has no role with the Reds. Couldn't agree more.

Krawhitham
06-08-2011, 02:03 PM
With Edgar both not able to play and only willing to play 1 position

same thing could be said about Rolen

brm7675
06-08-2011, 02:07 PM
same thing could be said about Rolen

But at least Rolen can still produce...but I would also really, really, really encourage him to retire at seasons end...

Vottomatic
06-08-2011, 02:33 PM
I would DL him even if he isn't hurt just to get a look at Cozart prior to the trade deadline. You have to see what you got in Cozart at some point.

Absolutely agree. Perfect time to see what Cozart can bring. All this talk about a great farm system, plenty of prospects with little left to prove in triple A, it's now or never in terms of finding out about some of these guys.

But at least Rolen can still produce...but I would also really, really, really encourage him to retire at seasons end...

I'm not a fan of pushing guys out, and appreciate all that Rolen has brought in terms of leadership........but I agree that his best years are behind him. Can he still contribute? At $7 or $8M dollars, he's not contributing at his pay rate. The Reds could easily replace him with Francisco, Frazier or someone else and probably get the same offensively at a cheaper rate. Which would allow the team to possibly fill other needs with the money saved.